Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At the car dealership repair shop ... things that make you to hmmmm....

So, I've been to this dealer far too many times for issues with my vehicle. Here, you are assigned a case manager so there is consistency with your service and mine has never been particularly customer service oriented. I come in, I am shown to the waiting room with a bit of grunting, one or two word answers to my questions and a long wait time with absolutely zero check ins from him to tell me the progress. My car is (was as of today, argh!) under warranty, so my repairs have been free, but the dealer has never gone above or beyond what I've asked for.

Last week I came in because my auto locks are not locking with the remote and I was about to turn 100k. I needed to document the problem so they would fix it free. It was my first visit in about 8 months but they know me here as my car is lettered with my company name and I ALWAYS get comments. My service guy came out with his usual eye roll and sigh until I stepped out of the car. Can we say attitude change? It was so bizarre and seriously the first time I can attribute being treated differently to my appearance. He happily scheduled my appointment even though I was about to roll my mileage and even though the doors miraculously locked as they are supposed to. (Seriously?)

Today, he came out to greet me with a smile, opened my car door, offered me a free oil change and inspection, noticed my tire pressure light was on and said he'd take care of it. On top of that, he has given me progress checks three times, told me that he was changing two bulbs that were out at no charge and I suspect my car is getting washed, too.

The other guys in the shop noticed that I sell self defense products (stun guns and pepper spray) and I quickly had a crowd of them around me wanting to "play with my toys". ;) Sold three tasers, my car is in order and they didn't tell me a darn thing was wrong after the inspection.

Yeah... Not sure how I feel about the change in attitude.

Expect that. It is truly amazing the difference in the way society treats thin people vs overweight people. I was thin until about 8 years ago. The things I could get away with! But once I began to gain weight it is almost as if I became invisible.

Ehh I say just embrace it for what it is and milk it for all its worth! Keep it as a reminder of a reason you never want to go back to that former self!

Ehh I say just embrace it for what it is and milk it for all its worth! Keep it as a reminder of a reason you never want to go back to that former self!
yeah what he said <----

We need to look at this from the other side and not treat overweiht people wrong now.

That's an awesome story. Creepy, but awesome. Reminds me of the time I bleached my hair blonde for 3 months. People treated me so differently. Men went out of their way to help me and women were rude LOL. And I couldn't get a job (my field then was technology). I colored my hair red and got a job within a week.

Wow thats crazy

Sounds great. How much for a taser? Haf surgery Oct 23. Down 12 pounds

Having a hard time with food. Only like Jello cottage cheese. I know I am only in my 3rd week

. Will food be ok down the road? I have this fear that I won't lose anymore. Thanks!

Sounds great. How much for a taser? Haf surgery Oct 23. Down 12 pounds Having a hard time with food. Only like Jello cottage cheese. I know I am only in my 3rd week . Will food be ok down the road? I have this fear that I won't lose anymore. Thanks!
you will be able to eat real food soon enough let your tummy heal up its a process.. You'll be skinny in no time

Yes, I do remember those days when I was of normal weight and some of the attention I received which often made me a little uncomfortable.

A swift hard kick to the private area is in order. Sorry couldn't help myself!!!

I am with indecision on this one. Accept it..... Milk it.. And you are armed! Too Cool.

That is the way some of society is.......

Good luck!

We all form prejudices in our head against something or other. Me? I hate left handed people from Iceland who wear sunglasses indoors. THE NERVE. But seriously, we're all human and attractiveness has been shown to drive all sorts of decision making (that it shouldnt). Don't be shocked if many doors are opened professionally too.

The human brain is conditioned to form snap opinions and make instant assessments of others (fight vs flight, prospective mating partners etc). We all belong on the discovery channel.

It really shows the need for us to be intentionally kind to those that society disfavors. Since we've been there and seen it from the other side, shame on us if we don't reach out to encourage anyone we see struggling with their weight.