Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lunch suggestions to bring to work

Hi buddies, I'm getting so tired of bringing the same ol lunch from home. I bought some cute little bento boxes to get creative, but I'm having problems trying to figure out what to bring. Any ideas?

I work from home so I don't "bring" lunch but I do travel and have to carry food for that day on planes etc. Here's what works for me for travel and also some things i used to carry for work:

1. Jerky. Never spoils, can eat for snack

2. lunch meats. I know they can be high in sodium and nitrates but they're easy to eat and portable.

3. Baby bel cheeses of different sorts

4. Edamame

5. Little chicken or beef meatballs that have been cooked so you can reheat at work.

6. Leftovers from dinner. When I used to work in an office outside, instead of putting away leftovers in the fridge, I'd pack two lunch boxes and we used to eat those for lunch the next day.

7. Hummus with veggies (if you can eat veggies now, I'm still not there)

8. Omelette made the night before and rolled, cut into slices.

9. Boiled shrimp

10. Boiled eggs with some mayo on the side

11. chicken salad

12. Egg salad

13. Greek yogurt

14. Almonds if you're allowed nuts

15. Egg quiches made in muffin tins

Hope that helps!

Edited by gamergirl

(I'm struggling to find stuff GG hasn't mentioned....)

Taco meat (ground or shredded beef or chicken cooked with taco seasoning). If you can handle lettuce, add it to salad for a taco salad with a tablespoon of shredded cheese, a spoonful of light sour cream and a tablespoon of guacamole.

Cold tofu marinated in soy or other Asian seasoning.

Gazpacho (if you can have raw veggies)

Hardboiled eggs and deviled eggs

3 bean salad

Garbanzo Beans in a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt/pepper

Open face PB sandwich made with one slice Ezekial bread and either reconstituted PB2 or Peanut Butter or almond butter, with sugar free fruit spread if you desire

Quesadilla made with one low carb tortilla, low fat cheese and some hot sauce or green chile inside.

Chili

I bought a bento box also and went on Amazon and ordered longer toothpicks so I could skewer cheese cubes with olives, sausage slices, fruit etc. I also like to take olives, caprese salad, grilled chicken slices etc. Eggface has some wonderful ideas. If you google bento box ideas you should get even more ideas. I love mine! :)

I'm in puree stage... but I'm screenshotting this page. Great ideas for the future!

I bought a bento box also and went on Amazon and ordered longer toothpicks so I could skewer cheese cubes with olives, sausage slices, fruit etc. I also like to take olives, caprese salad, grilled chicken slices etc. Eggface has some wonderful ideas. If you google bento box ideas you should get even more ideas. I love mine! :)

You know what's weird? I've always wanted a bento box. But their servings were so small I wondered if it would be enough food. Now we don't have that problem, do we? Love it.