Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Terrified to lose my hair....

I have been taking 4000 of Biotin but I am still scared of loosing my hair.< /p>

I am a little over 3 months out and for the last couple weeks, have been losing a lot of my hair. It's inevitable. I take all my vits and Water and protein.... people say it will stop and grow back, but I think I may have to cut my long hair off.... it looks like hell and is all over the place... I hope this doesn't happen to you!! But if it does, hang in there my friend!! Best of luck...

I was too. I'm vain... I've always had long, thick hair that I spent a lot of time and money caring for and styling. I lost between 2/3 - 3/4 of my hair. Seriously. I didn't know people could lose THAT much. My aunt had DS and lost about half of hers, but still looked totally normal because she (like me) had a lot of hair to start with. I could have lived with that. I've been sporting a stringy little pony tail since my Hair loss peaked in August.

It's been 7 mos since my surgery, and I can see that it's starting to grow back because I have short little hairs sticking up everywhere. Awesome. I look ridiculous. lol. But I'm learning to deal, and learning different ways to style my pony tail. My security blanket was taken from me (I think I hid behind my hair), and I'm learning to cope.

I'm a little over 3 months out and have been losing A LOT of hair over the past week. Luckily, I've always had super thick hair to the point where I would have to get it thinned out. It looks like I'll be saving some money by not having to get that done for a while. I'm not worried, though, because everyone says it will grow back. If it gets too bad then I'll just get a sassy new haircut. :)

Is there anyone out there that has NOT had Hair loss? What did u do to help prevent it? I have very thin hair now and pretty scared!

I've not lost any hair!! I'm 8.5 months out.. The only thing I can pinpoint is.. Although I did indeed focus on Protein, I never had a melt down if I never got in. I had a good amount of healthy fats such as avocado, coconut oil.. And the protein sources I selected were very dense in nutrients. I stuck to organic protein where I could, wild fish rather than farmed and lastly I ate offal such as tongue, liver etc. I don't take any supplements only 1 Multivitamin which I started 2 months post op. I wash my hair everyday due to gym and it's curly and knotty... I have also highlighted it twice post op.

I've not lost any hair!! I'm 8.5 months out.. The only thing I can pinpoint is.. Although I did indeed focus on protein' date=' I never had a melt down if I never got in. I had a good amount of healthy fats such as avocado, coconut oil.. And the Protein sources I selected were very dense in nutrients. I stuck to organic Protein where I could, wild fish rather than farmed and lastly I ate offal such as tongue, liver etc. I don't take any supplements only 1 multivitamin which I started 2 months post op. I wash my hair everyday due to gym and it's curly and knotty... I have also highlighted it twice post op.[/quote']

Well that helped. I am hoping I don't lose any hair because I already have thin hair normally.

My hair is very fine as well.. It looks like a tangled birds nest when I've just washed it!! Honestly, don't sweat the small stuff!!