Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest pre-op fears

What were your biggest pre-op fears or concerns? Now that your sleeved, did those fears or concerns come true ? In hindsight, was it waste of time for you to have those pre-op worries now that you know better?

My biggest fear is that a year after I'm sleeved, I will want more than 8 bites for dinner. I am afraid that , although I lost the 60-70lbs that I want to lose, that I will want to eat more than 8 bites for a meal. I am sooo fixated on this fear it's killing me. My surgery is set for Tuesday.

I had no fears at all...i could not wait to get that show on the road...The fear and worries came after when I sprung a leak and spent 5 months in the hospital...Now that was real fear.....

Doing great now though!!!!!!

I have the fear of failure since I have in the past. I fear not getting full after a small amount. I fear I will get there Wednesday (6th) and they will refuse me surgery because my liver will be too big.

But I know it's my nerves and it will all work out. I lost 120lb in the past but couldn't keep it off on my own.

I guess I should have had pre-op fears but they didn't show up till I was post-op...for the first week or so when my husband would cook his dinner I would be silently screaming in my head "what have you done to yourself" and "you're never gonna be able to eat again". That's behind me now though cause what I have done to myself is get the help that I needed (this surgery) to loose weight and I now know that I will be able to eat again, just not the amounts or the bad choices that I used to make. One day at a time I am gonna loose this weight and take my life back! :)

I am like Kasey. I fear going through all of this and failing in the end.

Edited by tignet

I am one big walking fear! I'm almost two weeks post op and only down 7lbs post op. I just started on puress. Yesterday was my first day and my first mini meal made me full but today I haven't felt any fullness at all. With the exception of pain at the largest incision site I have had no problems.. no nausea, Constipation, getting in all Protein and liquids... I had fears pre op and they're super intensified now. The only thing that gives me comfort is this app. And reading about everyone else and their individual journies. Thanks to vst I can rest assured that I can do this. ..and so can you :)

My biggest fear is the possibility of death from complications. No other fears. I'm putting in God's able and perfect hands and His will be done.

Is there anyone else who is or was afraid of only eating 8 bites per meal? Or the fear of totally wanting more but not being able to ?

I have had the Lap band for 2 years and the last 9 months were terrible after my last fill. The band was placed incorrectly without a pouch and I constantly had food stuck in my esophagus. 8 bites was a lot for me and usually took over an hour to get down. I'm not afraid of only 8 bites, but I'm thinking I might miss my Taco Bell.