Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to pour my cider over ice which takes off half the foam. Yummy yum yum!

My cider has no foam-maybe I should try a different kind.. A few bubbles I have to admit. With ice and a slice of lime it's thirst quenching!

Cider over ice is a must... <slurp>

And, thankfully, the hangover has gone. Bit of a walk in the fresh air, a nice lunch and an afternoon of crap tv with my man.

Soon to be followed up with some homemade chicken quesadilla in the next hour.

Loverly jubbly :D

Well, Guinness isn't as gassy as lager. I still can't drink lager. Its just not worth it for the feeling of total burpy-bloat.

Guinness and cider, however, are all good in the hood :D

I love my cider too.. And whilst in Edinburgh sampled ginger grouse.. Ginger beer with whiskey! Very nice for a treat!! Hope the hangover has gone :)

Oh I am delighted to read this...Ginger beer is my favorite and I was a bit sad to think I would never get to have it again! Now I have to try a ginger grouse.

Anyone tried hard cider with a shot of Fireball? It's popular here. I have been wanting to, but I have such a hard time with carbonation. And my hubby is a home brewer :(

did you tell your thansgiving story at your sister in law yet?if yes please tell us where...li have not seen it....

She had it in the call me evil thread. Hope that helps!

looked everywhere...couldnt find it....

Anyone tried hard cider with a shot of Fireball? It's popular here. I have been wanting to, but I have such a hard time with carbonation. And my hubby is a home brewer :(

. We made a Fireside Cider for the San Jose Woman's Club Holiday Mixology 411. Hot cider with Fireball. Drop a few cinnamon candies in the bottom to make it glow. Yummy! But it was regular cider, not carbonated.

Lynda

happy I have lost 72 pounds - but I feel uglier and older. Especially in my face.

Wags

I'm sorry you have those feelings :(

you are doing wonderful

you've lost sooooo much weight thus far :)

i think you look beautiful inside and out ;)

hopefully you'll realize and appreciate that too, sooner than later :)

keep up the good job (i know you will ;) )

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I haven't tried it but would like too....I've heard alcohol has more kick post surgery, ie dumps into the bowel quicker and is more quickly absorbed? Any truth to this rumor....?*

I haven't tried it but would like too....I've heard alcohol has more kick post surgery, ie dumps into the bowel quicker and is more quickly absorbed? Any truth to this rumor....?*

yes, it is quite true. It is easy peasy to get tipsy on 1/2 glass of wine in no time at all. However, it only last for a few minutes. I decided this was not worth the calories several months ago. Others might think differently. For the record, Kendall Jackson is my favorite post op wine.

Edited by Fiddleman

Well... I've always been partial to a libation or two.. and, I must say, wine has a tendency to sit me on my backside now (makes me sleepy), so I generally stay well clear. (Also gives me rotten indigestion, too)

As for other alcoholic beverages; they get to your head quicker - for sure. However, the old tolerance (although somewhat diminished in comparison) seems to kick in once you get your 'drinking head' on... But the consumption is considerably reduced in volume because the stomach is smaller.

I am not a huge spirits drinker - which is easier to consume - because it's less volume. But its also a bit dangerous, because since the surgery, its been hard to gauge when the fine line between being 'merry' or 'drunk' has been reached.

If I am drinking, I prefer a cider or a Guinness most of the time anyhow... I think on balance it's 'better' for me - because there's less alcohol and I know where I am with it...

As for 'dumping'.. Wouldn't know. Haven't done it on booze specifically. Then in saying that, if you have 4 glasses of Guinness you're going to get 'interesting' movements the next day anyway! But I think I've been fine, because primarily I've eaten something hearty before I've had a drink which lines the stomach...

I had several Malibu punch the other night and it didn't seem to bother me...I guess it depends on the person

Yeah, I get tipsy faster, but I also weigh more than 100 lbs less than I did. For me, the buzz lasts just as long. I generally drink martini style, less mixer to suck down. I generally stick to one or two. If it's a longer evening, I can do three. Lynda

Edited by lsereno