Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet is very tough

LOL Pickles' date=' Oh the pickles!!! Good luck RLS!!!![/quote']

Thank u! Good luck to u as well!

It's hard...but it can be done...I'm on Day 7...n haven't cheated not once...it was soooooo tempting...my grandfather asked me to stop n get him some fried chicken...it took ever Fiber n me to not snag a wing...but I didn't...

I'm only on day three of my two week pre-op diet from hell, and I think I'm going to go on a homicidal rampage. I'm on nothing but liquids, all I have around here that I can eat is some nasty chicken broth and Tomato Soup that I have to strain first which is more trouble than it's worth. I'm dizzy and weak and have a terrible headache. :angry:

And there's one of those fun-sized hershey's bars from when my brothers went trick or treating... I'm starting to wonder how bad cheating ONCE could possibly be...

Buuuut, I refuse to sabatoge my own happiness. I mean, what's two weeks of hunger compaired to a lifetime of health, right?

And I've already lost 8 pounds in three days!

Edited by Kyrie

I'm am almost two weeks post op. The pre op diet just plain sucks! You go through a major detox generally feel like crap, super emotional and at time down right mad! After surgery even if tour still on Liquid Protein and Water it's easier in some ways and harder in others. Personally I just can't wait to start feeling normal again.

I am closing in on surgery Monday morning. I've been on the pre op diet for' date=' oh I donno, like 18 days? It has all run together. Dragged on, and also gone by fast. I've lost my mind, raged, stormed off, had homicidal dreams, and had fights with people on the internet. I cheated exactly 3 times with 1. a double cheese burger 2. 2 donuts and 3. an oatmeal cookie. I have fantasized about tomatoes, learned that pickles have no calories, and could right a dissertation on how Jello is NOT food. I have come to terms with my weaknesses, and realized I am stronger than I think. I have lost 13 lbs and my pants are falling off. This is the hardest thing I have done in a long time, maybe ever. Oh, and I also quit smoking on top of all that. Well, it is going to be worth it. #SkinnyArmy!!![/quote']

Good for you! It's worth it!

Surgery monday morning check in at 5:30. Woohoo. So far down 10 lbs cause I cheated a total of 4 times subway' date=' lennys kieser sub, taco salad, and tortilla chips with salsa. Ithink is a texture thing! Lots of pickles[/quote']

Congrats!!!

Hello. I'm new to this! My surgery date is November 20. I didn't expect to get approved and get a date so quickly, so I'm still a little bit in shock. My pre-op diet starts on Tuesday. I'm a little confused. So is it alright to have things like celery & pickles??

Hello. I'm new to this! My surgery date is November 20. I didn't expect to get approved and get a date so quickly' date=' so I'm still a little bit in shock. My pre-op diet starts on Tuesday. I'm a little confused. So is it alright to have things like celery & pickles??[/quote']

Dill pickles have no calories. I was told I could have sugar free Jello and sf popsicles.

Girl I know how you feel. I kept myself busy. Take something at night to help you sleep is what helped me. Plus think about what is to come for your future. I am sleeved now and I Love it.

What did you take for sleep?

Kizm..... It really depends on your physicians directions. I.m on day 12 of a 14 day pre op diet. I was allowed 2 Protein Shakes daily, Soup as 1meal, and sf Jello, sf pudding, ff cottage cheese or ff Greek yogurt. I have not cheated AT ALL. It's a miracle!!!! And honestly been really difficult, but it will be so worth it!!! Plus, I'm down 18 lbs, and start 2 days of Clear Liquids only tomorrow. Come on Monday!

You are ok. Its Protein but try to add more Protein. I did 30 grams of protein each shake. Plus I took metamucile if I still felt hungry

It was head hunger. I have been fortunate that I have not been very hungry. It was just the head playing games. I wanted something that I had to chew.

I can tell on the days that I don't get enough protein, I'm definitely hungrier.

I start on clear liquids on Monday for a week. I don't know that I have enough in the house. Next week, I will not let my head get to me.

Hello. I'm new to this! My surgery date is November 20. I didn't expect to get approved and get a date so quickly, so I'm still a little bit in shock. My pre-op diet starts on Tuesday. I'm a little confused. So is it alright to have things like celery & pickles??

My doctor would not allow celery and pickles. It is not about calories right now, but cleaning out the intestinal tract. One of the doctors at the clinic I using, allows 1 lean cuisine per day and the liquids the rest of the day. However, the day before surgery, they have to do the colon prep with golytly. Since my doctor only allows full liquids one week and clear the next, then there is no prep the day before.