Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. In the first week wtf did i do to myself pity party...

Need encouragement . Thanks.

The first week is the worst. It does get better. Get plenty of rest and try to get your fluids in. I'm 2.5 months out and feel better than I have in several years. You can do it.

The first week is the worst. It does get better. Get plenty of rest and try to get your fluids in. I'm 2.5 months out and feel better than I have in several years. You can do it.
thanks. I feel like frankenbelly.

By far a terrible time for me! I wailed in the bathroom thinking I had ruined my life. I couldn't do the protein...wanted to eat and couldn't. ..ugh! I'm now 16 weeks out and am soo thankful I did it! It will pass...just live through it. It wasn't fun for me..but I did it..and you will too!!

Hi Claire, things do get much better, and just wait till you see the weight come off, stick to your dietary plan, drink, drink, drink, and things will improve everyday, just give it sometime, you would probably fell crummy after any type of major surgery and this is no different.Rest up and feel better!

I am in my first week today and i not only thought this but ive cried every day . This is by far the hardest thing ive ever done and the only thing i think about is sprit nachos and salad. This is a huge problem of mine and i wake up every our is there anything i can do to help this?

I was definitely the same way!! It started right after surgery with thinking I just made the biggest mistake of my life! That went away quickly but the crying went on for about a week on and off. This is totally normal and a lot of us go through it. It is a huge life change that you need to adjust to and crying, picking fights, being irritable etc. are all part of it. You just ended the one thing in life that you used to lean on.......food! Head hunger kicks in and it feels like you might just go insane. Hang in there I promise it does get better! It took me a couple of weeks to settle in but it does happen and all of sudden you are getting thinner and begin to think you can handle this. :)

Thanks all. I really do appreciate this. Thank god for this forum. I couldn't imagine doing this alone.

I am in my first week today and i not only thought this but ive cried every day . This is by far the hardest thing ive ever done and the only thing i think about is sprit nachos and salad. This is a huge problem of mine and i wake up every our is there anything i can do to help this?

How long was your preop diet?

I am 3 weeks out and I still feel the same way. Super depressed and want food so bad... I regret it every second..

Oh goodness. My husband might kill me if I have these feelings too. I'm very worried about that. I'm sorry y'all are having trouble. Surely it gets better as others have said. Hang in there!

I know I felt like that when I came home every time I seen food I just wanted to freaking cry but as the days go by to get much much better

Mrz. Thick

Thanks for the feedback I got sleeved 3 days ago and I do think it is hard but if it came that easily we would not have been sleeved. I am taking all of it in and try to cope with the change. Thanks so much for all the suggestion and comments.

This is helping sooo much! I am just taking it day by day at this point. It is hard watching my family eat and I get so irritable. But my sister is 2 months out and it helps to see her eating normally.. Or as normal as she can.

One of the things I remember about the early days is that the change between one day and the next is drastic. Just because you have trouble with Water today, doesn't mean you will have trouble in two more days. The speed of healing is amazing. So know that it changes quickly.

Second thing, there's a lot of tiredness,discomfort and our hormones are all over the freaking place. Depression, snappiness, all that is common. Try to rest a lot, sleep as much as you can, and know it will pass. Don't think his is how you will feel forever. You won't.

Third, I was so so hungry after day 3-4, I dreamed of food constantly! I was on Clear Liquids but what I really wanted was a grilled cheese sandwich, some rice and some kabobs. Why those foods? Heck if I know. But I did! That too passed fairly quickly. Just accept that as part of the healing process.

The first month is a time of very rapid change so buckle up, keep your chin up, and get ready for some exciting times ahead. And I do mean get ready. Get yourself emotionally ready by trying to be as positive as you can. Let go of the regret and get ready to embrace new experiences.

You all just had major surgery. You're not going to bounce back as though nothing happened right? You would have some of this with ANY surgery.

Except this one is going to help you get so healthy, you will love your life. Hang in there and know, it changes.