Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days after surgeryand i feel...........

My doctor does a 2 week clear liquid diet in order to lose fat around the liver and reduce the surgery risk. It also makes it easier to see what they are doing in there when they inflate the abdominal cavity and insert the trochars for the scopes and other instruments.

Congratulation! You are now an official banster! You give me so much hope for my future surgery on April 16th. I want to be up and at 'em asap. I am starting my preop diet on April 5th. It is just high in Proteins and low on carbs with Protein Drinks added to up my Protein levels for healing.

Hey all fellow lapbandster's, Happy to post here. I am 5 days postop.Waiting to eat again. Almost done with the clear liquid diet and looking forward to full liquids. I am very suprised @ my ability to stick it out thus far.I used to eat every 2-3 hours. Iam down 9lbs and healing well. 71 lbs to go. If any one has any words of advice for me please feel free. Surgery / Dr. Spiegel Houston Tx. 3/8/07 out patient, cash pay. God's speed on reaching our goals. April160.:clap2:

I am also scheduled to be banded on March 15 by Dr. Malley in Mission Ks. I do have to add this is the best website I have ever found for support as well as information. If I ever had any questions, fears or concerns this is the place to go. I love all the support that you receive here. It's almost like I'm addicited to the updates on everyone. They are all very encouraging.

Good Luck to all

Judi

KCMO

To be Banded 03/15/07 (2 DAYS YEAH)!!!

Sounds like you guys are doing well, it took me a couple of weeks to go back to work but as I do very physical work I was sooooo lucky to get 6 weeks off at surgeons, not bad eh? For you bandsters about to embarke on this great jouney it isn't easy, but I am a big woose and I did it fine, for me I don't think about food at all, obsessed over my next meals after the last bite of the one before, I was achieving nothing, and my 1 yr is April 18 and please if you feel you are really in the right place do it.............oh no I am crying now, it has changed me so much, but I am into the exercise big time, as didn

t have that higher BMI

I wanna cry at this point and tell you this is the best thing I ever did!!!!!!! But approach with the acknowledgement, that you can' t eat like before, well u can , but it will be hard for you all that time over the toilet hehehe! It is 't a year yet for me but I am learning everyday, there will be some good, some bad, on the bad,, drop in and talk to April Bandits we are there all the time

Good Luck

Fiona

New Zealand:D :)

My date is March 28th. Why is everyone on a preop diet. My doctor didn't tell me about that. what is the reason for the preop diet?

Hi largeincharge

Not EVERYONE...I didn't have a pre-op diet either. I've read here it is about reducing the swelling of the liver- you can getter better info from someone else on that... I wanted you to know you aren't alone. Just goes to reinforce for you early in the process that every doctor does things a bit differently- ask yours. I was a 38.5 BMI, which might have something to do with it- again, check with your doc.

Congratulations and good luck. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself and you are alomost there! Try to avoid the "last supper" mentality which can go on for days if you let it. Most likely you will see your favorite foods again- even if it is a MUCH smaller quantity.

Let us know how it goes!

Kim :kiss2:

banded 1/30/07

223ps/217s/203t/135g

first fill 3/09/07 1 cc

Yeah!!! I did it. I was banded yesterday. I feel great! little bit of pain in my upper stomach but nothing to whine about yet. I am looking forward to dropping this weight and being able to breath better. Good luck to all I know there were some others on the thread that we going to be banded the same day as I. Just wondering how everyone was doing.

Judi

Banded 03/15

Dr. Malley

Mission KS.

weight.png

I am 5 days post-op and feeling prety good. never had gas pains just some pain from the incisions, which the vicoden has really taken care of. Liquids are boring but tolerable. I am dreaming about the soft mushy foods i will eat in another 9 days. I have to go for a post-op esophagram on Monday and my post=op visit with the surgeon is on tuesday. It is nice on the other side.

Mags

Some doctors have you do a liquid pre-op diet to both get you to lose some weight before the surgery (and thus shrink the liver) and to get you in touch with the reality that for two weeks after the surgery you have to stay on a strict liquid diet.

Apparently some doctors don't require it.

Just had surgery and feel great surgery only took 45 minutes and am adjusting well to band, eating broth, Jello, tea, adkins shakes and Water thats about it, but looking forward to stage 4, I would recommend this surgery for everyone who is at there wits end with trying to lose weight. I had my surgery in New Haven by Dr. Nadzam, am so glad I choose him as my surgeon, very kind perfessional and understanding. I know its only the beginning but I'd do it again in a flash. This site was great and i will continue viewing it to keep updated on all of you. It's nice to hear about everyone else and how they are doing. Good Luck to all! :nervous

Hey mattie -

Good for you. My surgery isn't until April 16th. It helps to know about some of the people who get through it easily too.

Best wishes,

hi everybody i'am new to this but as of today i have finished all of my post -opp test my doc wanted me to do a sleep apnea test inwhich i done this thursday(03-15-07) yes i have it do to weight gain and i have a c-pac machine that i have to use every time i go to sleep to give me enough air to prevent me from stop breathing during sleep my insurence has already givin the doc the go for me to have the lapband so from my understanding my surgery date will be set next week.wk-ending (03-25-07) hopefully i can be have it done in april. I will be happy when i can lose wieght and get off of high blood pressure meds and this new breathing machine inwhich doc says is all do to weight gain i'am now 230lbs and would like to be 140-145 (75-80lb loss) looking very foward to the better health and new me i really enjoy this web site and the info that i've read if anybody out there would like to walk me through this please do. I want to here it all.thanks vicvic

hi i jtust finished my pre-opp test but i do not have a surgery date yet i,am supose to get it next wek ( wk ending 03-24-07) as i have not started the pre-opp diet you may want to ask your doc about it but i'am sure that it is something that you can start on your own it consist of 90grams of protien a day (protien shakes to help save your muscle mass when your on the liquid diet for 2-3weeks) multi vitiamn with minerals 2times a day to give the body a boose of vitiamns and minerals to also help during the first mth post opp also Calcium chewes 2times a day and a low fat high Protein diet (no fried fish ,chicken, eggs, vegtable no suger diet 2-3 weeks before surgery it does shrink the liver but if you think about it it also prepares your body with the exra nutrients and vitiamins that it needs to prepare for the post-opp i'am not saying that it is a must but it is what really sold me on the lap-band and my doc because he was very concern about preparing my body for the change and me not losing musle mass after sugery i spoke to my best friends aunt about her surgery inwhich she had in dec 06 to get some insite about the pre-and post opp and she had no idea of what i was talking about when i spoke about the pre-opp diet and the post-opp diet as far as the 60grams of protien a day (day one after surgery ) after i gave her a copy of my diet she thought it made alot of since and wanted to speak with her doc to see why he hadn't given her the same info anyway i thought it was very helpful for my body after speaking to your doc if you like i can fax or e-mail you a copy i mean what can vitiams and protien hurt when during the first mth or so your body will be so deprived of it also my mother had the gastric-bypass and i went to all her pre-and-post opp visit with her and it wasn't mention by her doc either. please write back and let me know how your doing after surgery good luck and god bless vicvic,