Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days after surgeryand i feel...........

hello I had my surgery on march 1 and I feel great, when I wake up was in some pain, but as of right now I feel fine, a little weak from clear diet but I can't believe it is over. It is done, it is inside of me and it will be soon doing it job it is ment to do. I cant wait to get my fill. I just cant believe on am on the losing side. so far so go. thanks for all the surport I got here. best place to be and talk and learn I feel 20 pounds lighter just having it done.

Awesome - welcome to the other side! You'll do great. Rest, follow the doc's post op diet closely as you can - you are healing. Congratulations.

Hi there! I was banded one day before you :)

I too feel pretty good, except for some discomfort around the port area. But I'm only taking the pain meds in the morning and at bedtime now. I'm no longer waking up in the middle of the night in pain, so that must be good! Clear liquid diet is rough, but I'm doing it. Still havng gas pains. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision in this whole thing, but then I tell myself it's too early to tell.

Anyway grats to us!! I'll be thinking of ya :)

Congrats on the new Banded you!!!! I can't wait for my turn...9 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, all of you guys are doing really good. I had my surgery in Toronto, Canada on Feb 2nd and I am down 21 pounds. I go for my first fill in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to it because I am at a plateau. I wish I would have done this years ago. Anyway, best of luck to everyone!!!!

Dawn

It's great to hear everyone is doing well. I have my surgery on this Thursday the 8th. I have been on my doctor's clear liquid diet for eight days now. Lost 15 pounds so far just from that, but I know I would gain it back immediately if I started eating again, which is why I am getting the band. Hearing stories such as these gives me hope.

Thanks

Keith

Way to go Keith!!!!!! i am also on my preop diet..this is Day5 done....9 to go . this is the hardest part I hear.. Hope everything goes well for you on Thursday!!!!!! I love this board,,

Bev

I'm going in on the 14th, so we can all pray for each other and ck in to see how everyone is doing!

Hello everyone,

My date has been postponed twice and I am praying that my date will be the 20th, just have to get clearance from my primary dr. They had found 2 spots on my right lung - my brother is a dr. and wanted me to have a petscan (that's a catscan with radioactive material injected in you) to make sure it wasn't cancerous - my pulmonary dr. is not concerned and has given me the go ahead. My surgeon, Dr. Nussbaum in NJ scheduled me for March 20th, so pray for me please that this date is the final date - I was supposed to have the surgery in January. I think I must have gained about 20lbs since then, eating as if each day was my "last supper". My dr. didn't give me a preop diet, but I'm going to start with the Protein drinks on my own to get me started so I won't have any carb withdrawals after surgery. Good luck to everyone who is going in for their surgery and I'll be in touch once I have mine.

Reesh:clap2:

tomorrow i start my preop diet too. But it is low carb. Already got

the first three days planned out. My surgery is on march 22nd with my DH. So heeeerreee we go!!!! :)