Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I'm 5 1/2 mth out s down 89 lbs. I think I have been doing great. I eat right stay away from carbs no straws no carbonated drinks no bubbles either. Protien and Water are my priority. I've gone down drom a size 20 pant to a 10, and a xl shirt to an M . Sso here comes my question.

Why do I feel fat??

Lately my weightloss has been a bit slower. And I see my self and I feel fat. I feel like I need to loose a bit more. Everyone says I should stop that I look great already. But I don't feel like that.

My stats

Sw:257

Cw:168

post-55735-13838396686569_thumb.png

[ATTACH]20102[/ATTACH]

I think you should keep on going until you get to goal!

Oh why do you feel fat??? Sorry didn't see that.

How much do you have to lose still?

Edited by imfatpat

I want to get to atleast 145.

You do look great but you have to feel comfortable about you.

I think a lot of people still feel fat even after they have lost the weight. It might take a minute for your mind to catch up with your body.

I might also ask is it worth the number if it's a fight and a struggle to get and stay there?

Really you look good :)

Thank you. I'm hopeing that once I get to my goal everything will change. I guess its my mind playing games with me.

Lately my weightloss has been a bit slower. And I see my self and I feel fat. I feel like I need to loose a bit more. Everyone says I should stop that I look great already. But I don't feel like that.

My stats

Sw:257

Cw:168

I'm not sure we ever "stop". This is a lifestyle change .. a journey. I am not too surprised that you are not satisfied yet, after all it has only been 5-1/2 months. Try not to worry about what others say. You look great, but only you know how you feel.

If you want to try adding some calories, it is up to you, just keep an eye on your weight and if you start gaining, then regroup.

I think you look fantastic girl! Keep going until you feel comfortable; what everyone else thinks does not matter. :)

I think a lot of people still feel fat even after they have lost the weight. It might take a minute for your mind to catch up with your body.

Exactly. I had a friend that had the gastric bypass and have a friend that had the sleeve done and both felt that way even after loosing all of the weight they wanted to lose. My friend that had the sleeve said she just got over feeling that way recently.

You look awesome!

Have you made any other changes with the way you treat your body besides dietary changes? Because I think you have to find a way to love and appreciate your body and weight loss alone might not be the key for you. When you look in the mirror you're still seeing your low body image and not what's really there.

I'm definitely still fat (you're really not but that's not the point) but when I look in the mirror or think about my body now, that's not my focus at all. For me, I made some other changes in the way I treat my body that made a difference in how I feel and how I see myself. I work out a lot more now, six days a week. And not just to speed weight loss but to make my body stronger and up endurance. And my body is stronger! I can dance for a long time and run and jump. My God I even tried to twerk the other day (in the privacy of my own home, and I fell over anyway but I did try). My legs have gotten bigger and my gut still flops about. I set up my trampoline in front of the mirror and let my gut hang free the other day. At first it was uncomfortable looking, then funny, then I was proud to see it fly! The point is I am really liking what my body does for me and I love being able to feel the changes.

Another way to learn to appreciate the body is through fashion and dressing it up. Experimenting more with makeup, shoes, clothes, accessories, hair. The body can really make a fashion statement and the smaller we get the more access we have to great, inexpensive stuff that can really make us into walking works of art. I am not a fashion maven and you may already be, but that's another angle. I love the way my legs look and I wear hot pants and dresses because I just like looking at them so much (sorry if vain). My legs are still big especially since they're more muscular and I could look at my thigh jiggle "fat" or I could love the way I look in tights. I can choose the latter.

ANOTHER avenue for increased body appreciation: taking care of all those niggling health problems and concerns that maybe got short shrift when you were bigger. It's all about taking care of yourself, emphasis on "care". Self-care is something so many big people neglect and often because we're told our bodies are wrong and worthless and doctors often focus on the fat. I'm not arguing whether fat is healthy or not, but you're in a better position to get quality healthcare once you lose weight and you've lost a heckuva lot. The better you feel health-wise, whether you had serious illnesses or were generally ok, the more you can appreciate your body. This can be head to toe. Migraines been bothering you, allergies, old injuries, teeth need a checkup, is it time for reading glasses and what's with that pop in the right knee? Whatever it is give it some proper attention.

Have you made any other changes with the way you treat your body besides dietary changes? Because I think you have to find a way to love and appreciate your body and weight loss alone might not be the key for you. When you look in the mirror you're still seeing your low body image and not what's really there. I'm definitely still fat (you're really not but that's not the point) but when I look in the mirror or think about my body now' date=' that's not my focus at all. For me, I made some other changes in the way I treat my body that made a difference in how I feel and how I see myself. I work out a lot more now, six days a week. And not just to speed weight loss but to make my body stronger and up endurance. And my body is stronger! I can dance for a long time and run and jump. My God I even tried to twerk the other day (in the privacy of my own home, and I fell over anyway but I did try). My legs have gotten bigger and my gut still flops about. I set up my trampoline in front of the mirror and let my gut hang free the other day. At first it was uncomfortable looking, then funny, then I was proud to see it fly! The point is I am really liking what my body does for me and I love being able to feel the changes. Another way to learn to appreciate the body is through fashion and dressing it up. Experimenting more with makeup, shoes, clothes, accessories, hair. The body can really make a fashion statement and the smaller we get the more access we have to great, inexpensive stuff that can really make us into walking works of art. I am not a fashion maven and you may already be, but that's another angle. I love the way my legs look and I wear hot pants and dresses because I just like looking at them so much (sorry if vain). My legs are still big especially since they're more muscular and I could look at my thigh jiggle "fat" or I could love the way I look in tights. I can choose the latter. ANOTHER avenue for increased body appreciation: taking care of all those niggling health problems and concerns that maybe got short shrift when you were bigger. It's all about taking care of yourself, emphasis on "care". Self-care is something so many big people neglect and often because we're told our bodies are wrong and worthless and doctors often focus on the fat. I'm not arguing whether fat is healthy or not, but you're in a better position to get quality healthcare once you lose weight and you've lost a heckuva lot. The better you feel health-wise, whether you had serious illnesses or were generally ok, the more you can appreciate your body. This can be head to toe. Migraines been bothering you, allergies, old injuries, teeth need a checkup, is it time for reading glasses and what's with that pop in the right knee? Whatever it is give it some proper attention.[/quote']

This is the most heartfelt, insightful and thoughtful response I've read here in a long time.

I hope more people here read this and begin to love and appreciate theirs bodies, themselves.

Including me. So much of my self worth is caught up in the perception of what I see in the mirror and the scale.