Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those of you who do not feel "hungry" or desire to eat are very lucky !

Agh it's driving me insane!!

I'm sorry this is hard for you. How far out and what food stage are you on?

Oftentimes, stomach acid mimics hunger pains, my surgeon put me on a PPI for a month after surgery.

i'll be a month out on the 25th and i totally agree. I try to tell myself that its just my mind playing tricks on me becuase were not supposed to get hunry right?? i feel so lost with all of this.

I eat every 3 hours small amounts, and that helps me a lot! I feel hungry 2 days after my surgery day (9/18).

In my case I think are the vitamins!!!!

Edited by ReadyNewM3

I don't think it is better to not feel hunger....You know that it is head hunger and head issues that make you think that this is hard.....You are eating every 3 hours...That will work and you are breaking bad habits as you are retraining yourself to eat right....The sleeve is a tool..The rest is up to you......

I think that you are recognizing the things that make you different then other sleevers....That's not bad....When I get head hunger..I think yeah well maybe I'll drop a lb..take that....

You are wise to eat every 3 hours at this point and small meals....It is working for you believe it or not.....Just keep swimming kid...Soon you may change and never feel hungry....I always go from hungry all the time to not hungry at all..Depends on my life at the moment......

I think you are a very strong person!!!!!

I don't think it is better to not feel hunger....You know that it is head hunger and head issues that make you think that this is hard.....You are eating every 3 hours...That will work and you are breaking bad habits as you are retraining yourself to eat right....The sleeve is a tool..The rest is up to you......

I think that you are recognizing the things that make you different then other sleevers....That's not bad....When I get head hunger..I think yeah well maybe I'll drop a lb..take that....

You are wise to eat every 3 hours at this point and small meals....It is working for you believe it or not.....Just keep swimming kid...Soon you may change and never feel hungry....I always go from hungry all the time to not hungry at all..Depends on my life at the moment......

I think you are a very strong person!!!!!

at a month out what kinds of things were you eating? im so scared that i am not eating the right things or to much or too lttle. idk my nut is horrible.

I'm 7 weeks out lost 24lbs. I'm in the eat normal phase. My NUT and doc told me just to eat 3 meals a day no snacking, and by meals it's like 3 oz. the NUT also said do not eat over 800 calories per day. I don't know how to get a handle on these cravings or head hunger. I'm desperate.

Some people still feel hunger, some don't. I was one of those who feel hunger. You just have to deal with it as best as you can.

I'm 7 weeks out lost 24lbs. I'm in the eat normal phase. My NUT and doc told me just to eat 3 meals a day no snacking, and by meals it's like 3 oz. the NUT also said do not eat over 800 calories per day. I don't know how to get a handle on these cravings or head hunger. I'm desperate.

I would never follow that advice. I eat when I am hungry, no more, no less. If I am hungry, I eat. If I am thirsty, I drink (except when I am eating). I could be getting over 800 or I might not be, I don't count calories. I am at 6 weeks and 55 pounds down.

Free yourself from the burden of dieting. That's why I got the sleeve in the first place. Balance is key now.

Edited by endless80

I am 9 weeks out and at first I did not snack. I ate my 3 meals a day and that's it! My NUT advised against that because then you are more likely to over eat when you do eat. So now I eat about ever 3 hours. Small, healthy Snacks. I have lost 41 lbs since my surgery.

I eat 3 meals and 1 snack a day...Started out eating 3 meals and 3 Snacks..Felt like I was eating all day...Gave that up in a hurry..made me think that I still had done nothing about my eating problem.....So now If I cannot handle it and I have to eat in the afternoon, I am not a Breakfast person..So I don't eat very much then....I will eat nuts or seeds or fruit at those times...Protein first...But if you are hungry during the time you need to wait for another meal..It is a great time to get in your fruit or a little more Protein....If I am extra peckish I will eat nuts..1/4 of a cup and stop...

So far it has worked for me...

My team said I need to eat 6 times a day....not happening..This has worked for me...

at a month out what kinds of things were you eating? im so scared that i am not eating the right things or to much or too lttle. idk my nut is horrible.

I was different then most people..A month out I was in the hospital on intravenous food only due to complications with my sleeve....I did not eat any solids for 5 1/2 months...Not the one to ask that question really...But when I did get home I drank Protein shakes, pudding, broth, cottage cheese, yogurt, apple sauce, scrambled eggs.. Some fish I was able to eat....Oh and peaches..i craved peaches..

Listen to your body..Really take the time to hear what it is telling you..what you need it will tell you..If you crave or am hungry for something figure out what you need...The peaches thing...Vitamin C.. Once I had enough the craving stopped....

This is a life long learning process....It is not going to happen over night and lessons will be learned....You must really learn about yourself and your head verses your body needs......Trust me...It takes work but is so worth it..... :)

I agree with RJ. Is there something in particular you are craving? Maybe your body needs something nutritionally.

I think the "science" of nutrition is informed by the interests of corporations, so I try to filter it with my own research and good sense. A lot of the nutritional guidelines they give us are really bizarre to me.

For instance, I take 1 tsp each of coconut oil and fermented cod liver oil daily, plus really good quality Vitamins. I stay away from artificial sweeteners, which induce the same cravings in me as if I ate pure sugar.

I am really trying to Avoid carbs, just for now I don't ever not want to eat them again, but being so close out from surgery I feel like it would be a failure to eat some. I live in north jersey so there are delis on every block. I miss the sandwiches just the bread, ham, Swiss, lettuce, Tomato, Italian peppers. Im craving the bread mostly . Plain and simple not Pasta or rice don't care about those,just bread. What am I missing nutritionally ?

I really like what Endless says about freeing ourselves from the burden of dieting. I've been dieting for darn near 40 years (since age 13), and, to be very frank, I'm sick of that sh@!

I'm spending my recovery weeks educating myself about 1. healthy, high-Protein foods, 2. new products/foods that I may not be familiar with, but that others find very useful, and 3. EASY recipes that will work for both my wife (a vegetarian) and me -- a base to which I can add meat and she can add a meat alternative.

I figure, if I choose, buy, stock, have on-hand, and prepare the right foods, the SLEEVE will take care of the rest.