Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I've noticed that ever since a couple months after my surgery, my stomach gets very dry and scalley for some reason. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. Thank you all for your support.

Missy -

Drier skin has always been a concern for me esp in the winter months, but since I was banded, it has become a chronic issue. My face has taken the hardest hit. I used to have the oily t-zone and now, feel/look extremely scalely when I wear foundation. Before surgery I didn't care what I looked like so I hardly wore make-up but now I want to look nice and it looks awful!!

My small of my back and the front of my lower legs also are very dry.

I too would like to hear if anyone else has experienced dryness issues since banding. Suggestions???

Missy -

Drier skin has always been a concern for me esp in the winter months, but since I was banded, it has become a chronic issue. My face has taken the hardest hit. I used to have the oily t-zone and now, feel/look extremely scalely when I wear foundation. Before surgery I didn't care what I looked like so I hardly wore make-up but now I want to look nice and it looks awful!!

My small of my back and the front of my lower legs also are very dry.

I too would like to hear if anyone else has experienced dryness issues since banding. Suggestions???

It's weird cause pre surgery, the only dryness I would experience would be my legs and my face but now it's my stomach and a little on my face. Weird how the surgery changed alot of things.

I've been noticing very chapped lips and peeling, brittle nails. Is this from less fats, dehydration, or what? I'm trying to get more Water in. Any other remedies?

I noticed today that my skin is dry. I believe (from past diet experiences) that this is due to a lack of fat in our diets. Try cooking in olive oil, real butter, something, but get in at least one fat per day.

my skin is not dry i cocca butter and lotion everyday but since ive started losing weight my stomach is peeling not ichy or anything but peeling around my past stretch marks could they be disapperaing soon doctor not sure just said due to losing weight i use cocca butter cream and oil and aveno lotion everyday does any body have any idea. i do drink plenty of Water too.

Make sure you get plenty of oily fish - even take an Omega supplement and add flax oil to your diet.

Usually a big increase in fruit and vegies (especially leafy greens) improves skin and hair too. I've always had dry skin and particularly dry hair and lets not even talk about my nails (havent only seen them for brief periods in the last 25 years, I wear acrylics or gel because they're just so flaky) but it always improves with dedication to nutrition.

Bandsters, no matter how careful they are, are very often lacking a full, balanced diet. How many people, for example, can really get two full fruit serves and five half cup vegie serves in in a day?

My belly is dry and flaky too. It could be from all the manipulation during surgery. I also have a lot of marks from the bandaids (they took some skin off and bled in one place), but at least all the steristrips are gone now. I'm thinking I need to get a good moisturizer.

short term- exfoliate and then moisturize like crazy.

long term- heaps of Water and oily fish like twice three times a week. I have recently found I totally adore raw salmon cut into cubes. I eat it with chopsticks. I dip it into a soy and chilli sauce(just straight soy and straight chilli mixed) But be careful. its a little on the slider food side.. benefits is fantastic supple skin though. And I was abit skeptical about that at first too though.