Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree food's

Please Share some of the thing's you had on the puree stage of eating high in Protein.< /p>

I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery and pulled off the white meat, pureed it with a little cream of chicken. I had enough to make all my lunches for a week!

Before my surgery the thought of pureed meat grossed me out. I had to think of it differently. Now i cant wait to put the stuff on a cracker and eat it lol. So much so i have been researching low carb cracker options!

I have not tried beef yet. Im a little scared.

I lived on this recipe for weeks and weeks till I got burned out on refried Beans.

One of my favorite Mexican foods.

I got all the ingredients at Walmart. It cost about $4 for 2 days worth of meals (4 - 6 meals in my case). It's very filling and sticks with me.

1 lb of chicken breast.

1 pkg of Taco Bell Taco seasoning.

(I tried other name brand taco mixes and the store brands, Taco Bell tastes the best and is just as cheap. There is a Taco Bell chipolte version as well, but I liked the regular version the best. )

1 can of gebhardt refried Beans w/fat.

(I tried the non-fat version and I like the fat version better. It only has 2grams of fat per serving.)

Salsa or Picante or Taco sauce to taste

1 pkg of your favorite shredded cheese.

I grill the chicken breast and run it through my food processor.

Mix the taco seasoning with about 1/2 cup of Water and mix it thoroughly. I mix it in my Protein shake shaker.< /p>

Toss the chicken into a pot or pan and add the taco seasoning.

Bring it up to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.

Mix the chicken and beans in a bowl. Add some salsa if it's too thick for your taste.

Spoon some of the mixture into a bowl and top with cheese and salsa.

Edited by joatsaint

I need a lot of help with this also. I start on my purée foods on Monday and have no idea what to eat.

Edited by Astaze75

Thanks a lot sounds great.I'm gonna try some oatmeal today.

i ate a lot of refried Beans, and tuna mushed really well with low fat mayo and just broke it up really well with a fork. i pureed meatloaf once and decided it wasn't going to work out for me. so i basically stuck to tuna. there's also tuna packets in the supermarket with different flavorings (garlic and herb, sweet and spicy) i lived off of those for the week. they were so soft and moist, i didn't bother pureeing them any further. and i could only eat about half a pouch so i got two meals out of it!