Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.. Does your husband like you now that you're skinny?

No joke, I got this question (or a variation if the question) at least 8 times in the last 3 weeks... Wtf!?!

Sorry, posted before I could finish/edit--1st time using the app...

But seriously, wth is wrong w/ ppl!?

What's the craziest comment/question y'all have gotten about your wt?

I would respond with, "Not really, he's a chubby chaser. He wishes I'd gain it all back."

I would respond with, "Not really, he's a chubby chaser. He wishes I'd gain it all back."

LMAO!!!! Love it.

I'm not quite sure how I'd respond to that ... LOL. So, they think he didn't like you before or something?

In general people are true morons!

I would just look at them odd and walk away and let them figure out what they just said was inappropriate. not even respond. When they realize that hey just shoved their own foot in their mouth so far it will take weeks to get it out it will help fix them.

I get asked or really told all the time you must feel so much better and you look so much better. I feel like saying I feel the same its still me and I must of looked hideous before. I don;t I just smile and say thanks or whatever.

Just remember humans in general don't get it.

Good gracious! People are crazy!

I haven't had my surgery yet but so far people ask "can't you do it by yourself?" My response is "have I?" Ugh.

Omg... Really what is wrong with people! I'd have came back with a yep he just told me how much more he loves me now that I'm not fat....with a FU look. Or just as Sarahr said walk away and let them figure it out what an a** They just were. I'm only 9 wks out and haven't seen many people I know, but I'll be back with an update. :(

Good gracious! People are crazy! I haven't had my surgery yet but so far people ask "can't you do it by yourself?" My response is "have I?" Ugh.

Oh the dreaded "can't you do it by yourself?" Or "it's the easy way out."

Yes, try obsessing over anything you put in your mouth, count/measure/weigh every bite of food. Count calories, carbs, Protein, Water intake. Exercise 2 hours a day. Research everything you do like a mad scientist .. And then tell me if this is easy. Lol.

Yes, try obsessing over anything you put in your mouth, count/measure/weigh every bite of food. Count calories, carbs, Protein, Water intake. Exercise 2 hours a day. Research everything you do like a mad scientist .. And then tell me if this is easy. Lol.

BaHaHaHa True true!! I find myself doing just that every time I have a question pop into my head. I think that my way of trying to do this right! I want to do it right! I read in a book a women's response to someone sayn it way the easy way out. She responded with.. Do you own a wash machine?? Do you use said washer? You do...Well then why don't you take your clothes down to the river and scrub them out on a rock. A wash machine is the easy way out. I thought that was very clever lol

Pre-surgery comments are as follows:

1. "You're going to look so pretty after you lose that weight."

(Apparently I'm not pretty since I'm fat.)

2. "Aren't you upset you won't be able to continue eating out all the time like you do now?"

(Yes, I'm overweight because I have the pizza guy on speed-dial...
<_<
)

3. "Wow! You'll be able to be more active and do more at your job."

(Obviously, since I'm a large woman, I must be lazy and not function on the same level as the skinny ladies at my job....)

People don't think before they speak... Word vomit.

The worst comment I ever got was not related to VSG, it was after I had a miscarriage then got pregnant again 3 months later. A person at work said "try to hang on to it this time" meaning the baby. If someone can say something like that, then I am not surprised by anything they say.

I tried doing it on my own and I counted the calories, exercised till I was too tired to move and still only managed to lose 20 lbs. only to gain it back as soon as I took a break from exercising for an injury. My primary care doctor said this to me. That he wouldn't approve me for vsg because I should be able to lose 100 lbs. on my own without any assistance. All I should have to do is follow the food pyramid and be active for 45 minutes a day. So I went over his head and contacted the mayo Clinic.

The worst comment I ever got was not related to VSG, it was after I had a miscarriage then got pregnant again 3 months later. A person at work said "try to hang on to it this time" meaning the baby. If someone can say something like that, then I am not surprised by anything they say.

Oh my goodness, that is awful! They deserved a slap upside the head for that one ...

I tried doing it on my own and I counted the calories, exercised till I was too tired to move and still only managed to lose 20 lbs. only to gain it back as soon as I took a break from exercising for an injury.

Same! I did Weight Watchers for three years, lost 30 lbs then STOPPED LOSING. I was doing everything right, and it just quit! I was blessed that my PCP is 100% supportive, though. But there are still a lot of other people that didn't get it - my OB/GYN for example ... She still makes snide remarks about how "easy" it must've been. She has no idea ...