Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my one-week anniversary! Dr Garcia & everyone in Tj was great, and I was sleeved Monday 5 pm. I had a lot of nausea thru Tuesday, but it passed and every day has gotten better. No major pain, really, just sore and tire easily. Flew home Thursday, to find we have two sets of company visiting this week! Agh! No visitors for months and now TWO decide to come THIS WEEK??? I'm just telling them I've had some stomach upset lately so I'm eating Soups & shakes. haha

Other than the tiredness factor, all is good now. I've had to sleep in a recliner cause I can't sleep on my side yet (and I never can sleep on my back), but I slept a couple hours on my right side last night so that's better. And today at one week I finally feel more like myself again, so the worst is past for this 60-year-old! Yeay!

I'm already down 14 lbs!! from my starting weight, even with the Water weight (IVs etc) that I can still see I have, so I'm glad it's done! (wasn't too sure on that first post-op day!) I haven't seen even this weight in 5-7 years, so I'm happy!

The next few months are going to be interesting, to say the least!

It sounds as if you r doing really well I am tentatively scheduled for Nov 7th hope I feel as well as you. We r pretty close in age and our bmi"s are close also. I look forward to your posts and hope you continue to feel better

Hi Tx hope you r doing well I have 11 more day to see if they will do the surgery. 2nd endoscopy to see if the reflux I never had has healed...I am being very positive and have followed the gerd diet really strictly...but will think positive and hope for surgery on the 7th. How is the eating going? feel good

Thanx for writing! I'm doing good -- I feel almost 'normal' again! It's just been BUSY around here lately: Three days after I got home from Tj, we had company show up for two nights (long-time friends who are like cousins) and then ANOTHER couple arrived who we hadn't seen in years and they stayed three nights! No visitors for months, and we have TWO couples arrive the week after my surgery!!!

I started feeling a LOT better after that first week, and now 11 days later I'm amazed that I'm doing so well. It was a challenge fixing foods for everyone and then eating soups/shakes/yogurt, but I wasn't really hungry and it wasn't too much of a challenge. I ended up sharing with both couples what I'd done, and they were supportive and one of them is very interested to learn more.

My tummy is not as sore as it was, I've been able to zip up my jeans (my tum was too swollen at first), and my energy level is much better.

I'm tired of liquids but not in any rush to push my stomach to do more than it's ready for, so I'll take it slow. We went out to dinner last night and I forgot to take anything with me! and the restaurant had NO soup! So I got mashed potatoes & gravy and it was fine. I even treated myself to a tablespoon of my homemade guacamole -- I just made sure I didn't swallow any lumps or tomatoes. Yum!

So how are YOU? how'd the tests go? How long have you had GERD? My girlfriend who is interested has dealt with that, and I wondered if it would affect her being able to be sleeved, so please educate me. :-)

Let me know how things are progressing!

Ginger

Having the test Nov 4th. I don't really know how long I have had the gerd as I never had any symptoms. Did the endoscopy only because the surgeon wanted it. Have been on medication for 6 weeks and hpe all is healed or I will Have to put off surgery til feb...really have been good so I am hoping for good outcome..no tomatoes, coffee chocolate citrus mint onions...all the things I really like But have found some wonderful teas (caffeine free) that taste great.have a great weekend it is georgeous here in N>Y>....Jane

I am 63 and just had my gastric sleeve on July 4 in Mexico. It was great! I had no pain. They took very good care of us always pain meds, antibiotics and nausea medicine. Now that I am home I did have some nausea but feel great now. I have lost 13 pounds so far and the biggest thing for me is to get off all diabetes meds and high blood pressure meds. My worst problem is getting enough fluids in each day. I am supposed to drink 32 ounces of fluids but it's hard when you can only take small sips. Good luck!

Get rid of the meds. My first priority!!! My goal in all this is to be off the high b/p and the diabetes meds first. Then the pain meds. If weight lose happens then it's a bonus. I want to play hard when I retire in June 2015.

I had surgery nov 13 th, had my first dr visit, down 11 lbs ( even after a 7 lb weight gain in the hospital from the iv) and diabetes gone!! Sugar completely normal already no more diabetes meds or cholesterol meds!!! This was the main reason i went through with this, my health. I backed out once but had the courage to finally do it, and it takes great courage. It was traumatic, although not too much physical pain and it gets a little easier every day. I am on a puréed diet now, trying to get as much Fluid and Protein as I can. My Dr said it gets easier and the first month is the hardest. All the best.

Hi everyone I had surgery one week ago at 60 years old. I am doing great. I was revised from band to sleeve. I read Queen of the crop's webpage and was so inspired! Thank you for sharing your journey and what a journey you've had.