Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad state

I have a case of the oh poor me's & need to wallow and then lick my wounds and pull myself up by the boot straps. Been off work 7 months broken leg, torn meniscus, surg, casts, bone stimulator, brace and now vertical sleeve. Brother died, I'm I'm jeopardy of losing my job, financial changes being on disability. Finished grad school and all the trauma & triumph of that. No social life anymore, no contact with friends and very little family. Can't drive, gave up coffee, diet coke & have a post op wound infection. If u have something snarky to say, please don't, I am as low as I have ever been in my life. Yes I started med and seeing a professional, but have really lost the will to fight anymore. Don't call I am not 5150 able, just lettin ya'll know takin a time out as I don't want to keep bringing negative vibes to all the fabulous folks I've met on this site. Take care, I wish u all the very best. When I can I will resume my activity. Bless u all and continue the fight for me. Good bye my battle buddies.

No, no, no...that is the worst thing you can do..That is your depression talking...If you walk away from the help and encouragement that we can give you..Then you will really be on your own.....I know you are lower then a snake in a wheel rut right now and for good reason..I would never judge you for that....but if you give up on the few things that make your life worth something then it is totally over.....

We are here to listen and help where we can..others are having hard times too and you holding on and still working it is an encouragement to them as well...

Please do not go and give up the forum family!

Come on girlie, you are going through a rough time. We all have gone through them. It just sounds like you have a lot of them piled up at once right now.. I'm sorry to hear about your pain and your brother... I lost my brother several years back and I still miss him daily. Now is not the time to take a break especially if this is your main means of support. We all have good and bad days here and support each other. So don't feel like you are taking because I'm sure you are giving too :)

Edited by laura-ven

I just joined this forum and your post really touched me. I lost my brother and was going through severe clinical depression. I know it feels like you cant put one foot in front of the other but those are the things you need to do. It is extremely important to talk to the people on this forum, your friends and pastor or counselor. You cannot become isolated. You certainly have a lot on your plate but you've invested in YOU and you need to take care of yourself. Isolation is the worst thing for you. If you can lean on your friends or family or turn to these forum members. They understand where you are and what you're feeling. Let everyone help.

case of the oh poor me

NorCal

you have been dealt a horrible hand :(

no one deserves this - especially you!!!! :(

many/most/all of us are wishing we were with you to make you feel better :)

hope things improve soon :)

sending good thoughts and sunshine your way :)

huggggggs

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

NorCalgirl, you poor girl. I know there is probably not much any if us can say to help you out of this right now, but this is a cry for help and there are some wonderful people on this forum who are here to help you. Even if you just keep reading the forum every day, I am sure you will find a few snippets to laugh at, which might help you through the day. Big hugs fro me, I will be watching for you each day. Jen.

Oh honey, don't go just when you need help the most!

There are lots of people on here who miss you *and* are great storytellers. Check in just to read and watch, please?

And didn't RJ's "lower than a snake in a wheel rut" give you a little glimmer?

I understand how you feel. I've had 6 six surgeries in 5 years including the sleeve and spent the entire month of October 2012 in the hospital due to emergency neurosurgery and also recovered from a staph and strep infection which almost killed me ( which was not related to my sleeve surgery).I'm also scheduled to have additional neurosurgery on October 30th. This new surgery has thrown me for a loop. I have isolated myself and keep things to all work and no play. I've also spent very little or no time interacting with friends or extended family. I too know what you're feeling and have lost the will to fight anymore. The only things that keeps me somewhat centered is my wife. She has suggested I speak to a therapist and stay connected with friends and family which I have rebuffed.

Sometimes this forum is the only place to express how I feel. I can't show weakness professionally, but I'm so tired of it all. Hang in there and I hope all will get better for you.

I too have had tough times, 53 year old brother dies from cardiac arrest, 125 days later my 50 year old brothers dies very unexpectedly and then two days after I had my twin sister living with me because had just had cancer surgery. She lived with me off and on for 6 years and the last 6 weeks of her life I took care of her in every way that needed to be done. We had just turn 52 when she passed away. Yes it was very hard but we all have our cross to carry and I drew strength for God and the bible. Seek help. There is help out there. Don't give up. You seem to have hit bottom now there is no place to go but up. Please keep all of us posted. We care.

Edited by lrs