Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Days In The Hospital After Surgery

I know that every body will be different but just curious how long everyone stayed in the hospital after the surgery?

I was discharged at Day 1. Wanted to stay until Day 2, I didn't think I was ready.

Three days and nights, seemed just right!

I had surgery first thing in the morning on March 13th and was released from the hospital on March 15th in the afternoon as soon as my drain was removed. I was sleeved in Mexico, so upon discharge from the hospital I went to the hotel and stayed there for three more days before flying home. I didn't really feel that for me the hospital stay was even necessary, I definitely would have been fine having it as an outpatient procedure as some people do. If I had the option I would MUCH rather have been discharged the same day and done ALL my recuperating at the hotel!

I had surgery monday at 730am

They releaded me yesterday by 10

Silver Cross hospital requires a two night stay which I believe was just right

I was 3 nights due to extreme nausea. Typically my dr discharges at 2 nights, I was more than ready to be discharged by the morning after my 3 night. In fact when he rounded at 7am, I got ready immediately and waited for my husband.

6 days - 5 in icu. not necessary - just a precautionary messure because i was so obesse

I had surgery on Tues Sep 24 and was discharged Thurs morning. I have to say I love my sleeve. I don't feel hungry and I don't hurt in my knees anymore. Thank you Dr. A.

I was out the next day, was supposed to get to go home at 1 but had to wait for a prescription so I had to sit there until 5 waiting on the surgeon to get out of surgery.

Thanks for all the responses, this is good information. I want to say my doctor said only a one night stay, but i guess that really all depends on how you are doing with walking,ect. so was everyone up and walking no problems after the first week?

I had a one night stay, which is what my dr told me:)

Thanks for all the responses, this is good information. I want to say my doctor said only a one night stay, but i guess that really all depends on how you are doing with walking,ect. so was everyone up and walking no problems after the first week?

You're up and walking in a matter of hours. Definetly the same day.

I was scheduled for a 2 night stay but they kept me for a 3rd due to not being able to get my fluids in. I was not feeling my best so I was actually happy to stay. My surgery was Friday late afternoon and I went home Monday afternoon. By that time, I was ready to go.

I stayed for 2 nights but the doctors want to make sure everything works well before discharging you. It's better to be safe than sorry

Had my surgery Mon Sept 30th went home tues Oct 1st in after noon , had leak test, made sure I could drink and go to the restroom then I could go home.