Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi Everyone,

I'm here from the November Sleevers group... had a little glitch with insurance so now I have a tentative date of 12/2:)

Can I be added to the Facebook group?

Congrats!! I know what you mean about not getting too excited. I was very worried about my upper GI so once that was clear, huge sigh of relief and made everything very real!

Well, looks like one of my last (and huge!) obstacles has been taken care of. Being self pay I k we it was going to be tough to get the 18K in such a short period of time. Yes, we could obliterate our savings but I really didn't want to do that. Long story short, got approved for a loan that we should hopefully have paid off ASAP - especially if we can count the surgery in our taxes.

I think not knowing how everything was going to be paid for has kept me quiet - too afraid I was going to get excited about everything and then find out I couldn't pay for it :(

So, just got the call from Aetna Medicare Advantage that I am APPROVED! It only took 6 days...rather shocked. My assigned advocate should let me know later today what my surgery date will be. Eeek! Happening sooner than I had thought, but less time for worrying.

December 9th is my date. I canceled my first surgery date in August due to an unsupportive husband and that has not changed but I have! I am super excited to start my new life! I start my preop diet on Nov. 25th so no Thanksgiving for me but I am not upset about that. It is about being thankful and not about the food! I have to get use to saying that.

Hi, my name is Alysha and I'm proud to finally say that "I'm a December Sleever"! My surgery date is December 2nd. Yeah!!! As you can tell I'm a little excited. My husband says that he's never seen anyone so excited about having major surgery. Right, Exactly he's never had a BMI of 40. (Wait, I just noticed there's not tickers. Sad face) Back too me! I just turned 40, a stay-at-home mom of a wonder five year old son "Ty", a wife and a four year cancer survivor. I was approved by UHC and have been going through this process since the beginning of the year. I thought this day would never come and I'm glad its here.

Height 5 9"

HW 289

CW 260

GW 180 would be nice!

Another December 2nd sleever!! Yay..congrats. We share the same New Birthday!

Hi Everyone,

I'm here from the November Sleevers group... had a little glitch with insurance so now I have a tentative date of 12/2:)

And another for December 2nd..lol Yay!! I feel you on the glitch. I was originally supposed to be an October sleever but ran into a problem with my EKG had to have my heart studied from every angle. When it was all done, doc was booked up for November...so Dec. 2nd it is!! Better later than never!

December 9th is my date. I canceled my first surgery date in August due to an unsupportive husband and that has not changed but I have! I am super excited to start my new life! I start my preop diet on Nov. 25th so no Thanksgiving for me but I am not upset about that. It is about being thankful and not about the food! I have to get use to saying that.

Welcome aboard! Sorry your hubby is not being supportive :(. Is he just scared if you having the surgery or is it something else?

My husband is scared of the surgery and he thinks that I am taking the "easy way out". I tried to take him to a seminar he wouldn't go and I told him it was not the easy way out but..

That sucks :(. When I first mentioned having the surgery to my hubby he was, well, less than enthusiastic. I asked him wha was up and apparently the only thing he could think of was how he knew someone who had a cousin who had gastric bypass 15 years ago and all of the problems she had.

I told him WLS has changed a lot in 15 years lol. Plus, this is a totally different procedure. He came with me to the seminar and my surgeon consult. Both things helped relieve his worries immensely. Now he's 100% on board.

I don't understand how anyone can truly consider this an easy way out :(. I hope he changes his mind on that. Regardless, good on you for putting you first!

Hi Everyone,

Welcome LittleLou...we're glad you are with us...this is a GREAT group! Best wishes on your journey.

My husband is scared of the surgery and he thinks that I am taking the "easy way out". I tried to take him to a seminar he wouldn't go and I told him it was not the easy way out but..

Oh dear Care1175...I'm sorry to hear that your hubby isn't quite supportive...hopefully after the surgery he will be will understand exactly how much it ISN'T taking the easy way out, and he'll be more supportive! Regardless, you have a tremendous amount of support here with a bunch of great people!

So, just got the call from Aetna Medicare Advantage that I am APPROVED! It only took 6 days...rather shocked. My assigned advocate should let me know later today what my surgery date will be. Eeek! Happening sooner than I had thought, but less time for worrying.

Congratulations on the approval Coachdk! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed on your surgery date!

Well, looks like one of my last (and huge!) obstacles has been taken care of. Being self pay I k we it was going to be tough to get the 18K in such a short period of time. Yes, we could obliterate our savings but I really didn't want to do that. Long story short, got approved for a loan that we should hopefully have paid off ASAP - especially if we can count the surgery in our taxes.

I think not knowing how everything was going to be paid for has kept me quiet - too afraid I was going to get excited about everything and then find out I couldn't pay for it :(

Congratulations on the last obstacle being taken care of. I can imagine the HUGE feeling of relief you are feeling right now. I hope, hope, hope you are getting super excited now! I'm totally excited for you! Now it's time to celebrate!

I have a date! December 30th is my day! I haven't had my psych eval because I am having trouble getting in, right now I am scheduled for November 26th. My surgeon coordinator said she is not worried and has put me on the schedule. I asked her if she thought my insurance approval would come in time and she was very confident. CRAZY! Nervous and excited!

Care1175, my hubby was scared of me getting surgery so I took him with me to my consult with my surgeon. He feels much better now after meeting the surgeon and asking some questions.

I have a date! December 30th is my day! I haven't had my psych eval because I am having trouble getting in, right now I am scheduled for November 26th. My surgeon coordinator said she is not worried and has put me on the schedule. I asked her if she thought my insurance approval would come in time and she was very confident. CRAZY! Nervous and excited!

Care1175, my hubby was scared of me getting surgery so I took him with me to my consult with my surgeon. He feels much better now after meeting the surgeon and asking some questions.

congratulations!