Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sitting in waiting room, slightly freaking out

This had been sure a hard journey , almost 2 years to get here, after road block after road block. Now I'm sitting in the waiting room, excited yet so scared. I hear ppl say they almost walked out, I totally understand why they said that now! My surgery time is 10 am but they had me come in at 5:30 am, so iv got almost 5 hours to sit here and just think . Pray for me y'all.

I am sure you will be fine. You did not enter into this decision lightly, you are about to change your life for the better. The only advice I can give you is to follow the dietary rules until you are cleared to move on. You may have days where you want to cheat, but your new stomach won't let you, it will revolt. Stay true to the you that you want to be and you will be fine. I wish you luck and happiness on your journey. Stay strong.

Goodluck!

I was scared shitless on my surgery day and almost walked out aswell.

I did post a few videos from the hospital after surgery on my youtube channel, if you want to see what its like you might want to check it out.

Its really not that bad. Once I was out of surgery I knew the hardest part was over. Recovery is fast aswell.

Now 3 weeks post op I don't even feel like I had surgery (except for eating habits ofcourse).

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me, I will do my best to be truthful and try to ease your anxiety

https://www.youtube.com/user/sleevesfox

Don't worry! The hardest most nervewrecking part is waiting for surgery

Prayers sent your way that you will recover quickly and get the results that you hope for. Good luck today!

Your feelings are perfectly normal. Anyone who says they were not anxious/nervous, is full of it!

However, you are in for one heck of a journey and this is simply the first step in getting there!

The first day or so will not be easy, however you will get through it...and in a few weeks, this phase will be a distant memory.

My wife and I were talking about it last night (I'm 5 months out and she is 3 months), as we were wrapping up our five mile walk...this new normal is freakin' awesome! LOL You are in for an awesome transformation and this is just a necessary part of getting there.

Good luck and we'll keep you in our prayers. Enjoy the nap! ;)

Y'all are all so sweet! Thank you so much! I just had vidals done, now I'm sitting here in this robe, praying my sitter gets to my house I time so that hubby gets her before I go back, I think the sitting alone thinking is scaring me the most right now

You are going to ROCK this surgery! Just sent prayers and good vibes your way. Please be sure to let us know how it goes!

Prayers and hugs! My surgery is at noon and I don't have to be there till 10:45. More time at home and less time at the hospital. You can do it!!

You got this and before long they will have you back to start prepping :) which comes with some good meds as soon as the iv is hooked up! See you on the losers bench!

Hang in there! You can see the finish line!

Sending positive vibes your way.

Let us know how everything turns out.