Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else feeling extra emotional?

I'm having surgery Nov 19 and I feel like all I do is cry lately...big changes coming and I feel overwhelmed:(

Hi, Jenny.

I'm November 14th - I just paid my deposit today, so it became really real today.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster the last week. I haven't cried much, but I go from "will the day ever come?" to "OMG what am I doing?" to "November 14th is too soon."

I'm trying to put my energy into working towards the big day - trying new recipes, journaling, cleaning, organizing, etc. (For some reason it's really important to clean my office. Weird.)

Hang in there, kiddo. We're all going thru the same thing. I'm sure you're going to get lots of encouragement from the group here.

Wishing you well.

McButterpants

Thank u!!! And good luck to you!!! Where are u having surgery? I'm having mine done at north shore lij in long island ny!

I'm having surgery Nov 19 and I feel like all I do is cry lately...big changes coming and I feel overwhelmed:(

Jennyjenny2

There is nothing wrong with having a good ole fashioned, endorphin releasing cry. This process is stressful to say the least. Be kind to yourself, big changes= big stresses. High stress= high emotion. You are totally normal. Find someone you trust and let it all out. If that is not possible, journal, write it all out.

Thank u!!! And good luck to you!!! Where are u having surgery? I'm having mine done at north shore lij in long island ny!

HI jenny. I have been up and down this entire 6 month ride as well. right now i am just awaiting an official date. Some days i feel confident like this is the greatest thing i am ever going to give myself (besides my 2 daughters). Some days i feel like OMG am i insane?!? What am i about to do? I just keep trying to keep the big picture in my head and pray that everything turns out well. I have to put my trust in my surgeon now. I am having mine done at new york hospital queens in flushing.

My niece had her sleeve done at Lenox Hill in march and she said she kept second guessing herself until the moment she was on the operating table, so what we are feeling is all normal.

Good luck to you!

Jenny,

Everyone goes thru the pre-op emotional roller coaster. I think it's just natural to be nervous. We have battled our weight for years, some for life and now it's our chance to be finally on the road to happiness and good health. I had my sleeve 10/10/12 and I was so worried about my children... worried I would drop dead, worried I would have a leak.

I have now lost more weight, than I actually weigh and am happy and healthy and so glad I did this. I too had my sleeve done on Long Island but at Mather in Port Jeff.

Good Luck!

I'm new to Vst in fact today is my orientation. I've been emotional all week going back and forth on if I should do this or try again to loose the weight on my own. I didn't sleep much in anticipation of orientation last night either. I think the emotions are normal before and after the surgery, this is a life change your making. hang in there.

Thanks to everyone for their supportive words! It means so much to get all this feedback from other sleevers!.. It feels like I'm at the edge of a cliff waiting to jump off..with a parachute of course:) but thats what it feels like to me..like I'm scared as hell but I know once I jump everything will be ok:)

Well, I had already "failed" with the lapband and had a pretty miserable time of it withit too. My worst nightmares were that I would fail again AND that I would have some horrible lifelong suffering since it is not reversible. To say that I anguised over it would be an understatement.

Well, in the end, the sleeve has changed and saved my life. You cant even imagine what it feels like to be normal sized -look at my profile pix and it gives you an idea of where I was. I need a new "after" picture because I look even better now... I feel great.

Educate thyself, know your risks, know that youdid try everything and you are doing this to save your life. Good luck -you are in for a journey with some ups and downs, but mostly ups... keep your eye on the prize!!!

Be prepared, post op can be a psychological roller coaster as well. Just be gentle with yourself and remember this is a big change biologically.