Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, do please shut up!

LOL love this post!!!!!

I actually agree with the crux of what you said although I would never had been so unkind in my expressions.

Mostly though, I think it is beyond arrogant and shows a real lack of empathy and compassion to judge other people to the extent that the original post did. None of us know what others are dealing with. We don't know what their psychological background is or what they have been through. We ALL have baggage, faults, and character flaws.

When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself. ~ Wayne Dyer

When we judge our brothers and sisters in our heart, and worse, when we talk about it with others, we are killer Christians. ~ Pope Francis

There are no chains like hate...dwelling on your brother's faults multiplies your own. ~ Gautama Buddha

Be curious, not judgmental. ~ Walt Whitman

Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself. ~ Eric Clapton

Just saying....

I am yet to be sleeved (October 22nd), but I give everyone on this forum permission to slap me silly if I ever waste your time with either of the following posts: 1. Dreaded 3 week stall (what should I do?) 2. I have not lost weight in 2 days HELP!

I take the pledge too. This is a hysterical post! But where do you go to whine if you can't whine here??????

Okay, I'm a fairy patient kind of girl. If i see someone in need, I will duly assist in any way possible. That is my nature.

However, there are limits to this...

Something is really getting on my proverbial mammary glands and I just have to put it out there... Before I 'go to town' on someone....

What am I referring to?

The indomitable, self-indulgent, totally out of proportion whinging on this website.

What kind of whinging, I hear you cry?! Well, it's not the general and often valid complaints, concerns and outpourings of confusion related to WLS. Which, lets face, it, we all have for time to time... Or even the posts that deviate from being WLS related and are either observations on life or genuine cries for help.

It's the 'OMG, I ate some fresh air!!!!! <swing your head back whilst placing your wrist on your forehead in a swooning fashion>

'I am going to have to flagellate myself for the rest of my natural born life because I ate a cracker with cheese spread on it!'

'I ate a mouthful of cream-cheese frosting, I hate myself' - then cue the over-exaggerated 'depression' and attention-seeking mewing because someone, in a 'moment of madness' <raises an eyebrow> didn't reach for a Protein shake or Quest bar.

Now, before I get lambasted for not being 'sympathetic' and being told in a lofty and self-righteous way that 'not everyone is as strong as other people and they just need some gentle encouragement'.. What I am going to say to that right now and up front is 'BALLS!'

So someone ate something with 15g of carbs, 11g of sugar and little Protein. SO WHAT?!!! If you're clever enough to work out that these aren't good nutritional ratios, then you're smart enough to know that you shouldn't be eating it. So get some perspective, be objective, dust yourself off and carry on. Don't take up my visual space with your whinges that do no more than to advertise your bordering on infantile attention seeking ways...

If you make a habit of making bad food choices when you know the nutritional values - then frankly, you're an idiot. If you're having serious addiction issues - then that's a WHOLE different ball game and there's not a person on the planet that won't do all they can (within the limits of this medium and geography) to help.

Just to those who want to curry sympathy and 'collect' platitudinous pats on the back for being self-indulgent whinge-bags - over very little - all I have to say is just hope I don't come across those particular posts. The response won't be pretty.....

And for the smug ones who are undoubtedly going to say 'Well, you don't have to read them.. You can just skip past them..tra-la-la-la' I say BALLS to that too. Attention seekers have a habit of making their topic titles sound very 'life or death'. Having the concept of 'duty of care' bashed into my head for years, I feel obliged to read them. But no sooner do I get to the second sentence, I discover its been written by 'one of those types' and the rage subsequently builds...

So my rant to 'those types' and in summary is;

Do, please, and before I turn green, shut up!!! :angry:

<and relax...>

Wow

Perhaps a "Food Confessions" thread.

Search for a thread called 'Dirty Little Secrets'... That was designed to fulfill that function - although it went completely off plot at points. :blink:

I actually agree with the crux of what you said although I would never had been so unkind in my expressions.

Mostly though, I think it is beyond arrogant and shows a real lack of empathy and compassion to judge other people to the extent that the original post did. None of us know what others are dealing with. We don't know what their psychological background is or what they have been through. We ALL have baggage, faults, and character flaws.

When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself. ~ Wayne Dyer

When we judge our brothers and sisters in our heart, and worse, when we talk about it with others, we are killer Christians. ~ Pope Francis

There are no chains like hate...dwelling on your brother's faults multiplies your own. ~ Gautama Buddha

Be curious, not judgmental. ~ Walt Whitman

Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself. ~ Eric Clapton

Just saying....

<yawn>

I am yet to be sleeved (October 22nd), but I give everyone on this forum permission to slap me silly if I ever waste your time with either of the following posts: 1. Dreaded 3 week stall (what should I do?) 2. I have not lost weight in 2 days HELP!

I take the pledge too. This is a hysterical post! But where do you go to whine if you can't whine here??????

Not to Scotland.

Not to Scotland.

Damn skippy ;)

Just found this thread and I love it! At least the original sentiment.... There are certain types of posts on here that make me want to rip my own head off and throw it at the person that submitted the post. I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a reply, only to delete it because I know I'd get slammed for being insensitive and mean. (I tried being brutally honest on another forum and that didn't go over very well :)) I propose creating an "alternate reality" forum where we can link these irritating posts to and are allowed to reply however truthfully we see fit. No PC, no hand holding, no sugar coating, just good old fashioned honesty.

Who cares... Everyone is at a different place in their journey and if some people need the extra attention or support here because they aren't getting it at home or because they like it then so be it... No one requires you to like it or to even encourage it for that matter. I don't reply to all the, "oh woe is me" posts because I simply do not have the time, however some people do and they enjoy it. The fact that it ruffles your feathers so much is because you choose to let it. I don't.

No words sting worse to the ear of an alcoholic than the words of a "sober, recovering" alcoholic. But, I do think most come here for "support" and are in varying stages of recovery. At least on the internet you can take what you want and leave the rest. Some people have super steely constitutions. Some are weak. We all have stuff to learn from one another. But I get your original post. It's the Facebook friend who ONLY posts her EVERY woe. How can someone be truly that miserable???? The ones who do that (from my experience) usually create their own misery. Still, I think leadership means you foster hope in others. There is some "owned" responsibility to help others. Even if they are mind-boggling ridunculous. I almost spit out my coffee laughing at the "not to Scottland" response! Lolololol

Deleted - because I got too annoyed!

Edited by Madam Reverie

This is why some of us require a break from the occasional idiocy ... I got tired of the complaints of the very normal and expected stalls. When someone has a 7+ week stall like me then go ahead and whine ...until then, suck it up!

;D

Hah! Its taken me almost a year to lose 10 lbs- but I am hovering at 150- and celebrating my two year surgiversary in 3 months. But at least it's not going up.