Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 day or 2 day stay, does it matter?

Hi all, I was approved for a 1 day stay and i'm wondering if i'll be well enough to leave after a day. What was your hospital stay? How did you feel a day after surgery?

My surgery was outpatient. And I couldn't get out fast enough. Lol

How did you feel a day after surgery?

startingoveretagain

the one thing sleevers have in common, is that we're all different!!! :o

many of us have no recuperation problems, but it still might take a week or so before they feel back to their normal self

people have WLS on thursday for example, back to work on monday or tuesday

others might have a little pain, very tired, some naustious :wacko:

taking a little longer to heal

it comes down to the hand you were dealt ;)

good luck with surgery :)

speedy recovery

kathy

I was in 1 night and ready to go the next day. I didn't feel GREAT, but sleeping in my own bed was better than someone bugging you every 2-3 hours all night long.

I was in overnight. Longest night ever..way to noisy for me to sleep. Once I got home I was fine. Back to work on post op day 10 with no problems!

I think most people have a one night stay, but there are some people who have a longer stay. I don't feel that I would have gotten any benefit from more than one night.

I was in 1 night and ready to go the next day. I didn't feel GREAT, but sleeping in my own bed was better than someone bugging you every 2-3 hours all night long.

Ha, this will probably be me. I love sleeping in my own bed. Other than hotels, i hate sleeping away from home.

I was in for 2 nights, but it was considered a 1 day stay according to my insurance, I was admitted for less than 48 hours. I was ready to go home after the 1st night, definitely wanted my own bed.

As proudgrammy said, it is truly individual. I've had 2 c-sections and a vertical hysterectomy, the sleeve surgery was a walk in the park for me!

I was in for three nights :( I had bad nausea and was unable to keep down even a tablespoon of Water. I was sleeved Weds, and unfortunately I vomited (all day Thurs) and Friday morning so they kept me until Saturday to make sure I could keep liquids down.

I was under the impression I would be in for 1 day. Turns out I was in for 2 nights. My nurses kept me under some good meds, so I think My docs like to keep you for 2 days. Also, my docs put us in Step down ICU for the admssion time, so we were wll watched and taken care of. No complaints about my hospital stay!

I stayed two days the insurance approve one but if you need an extra day they work with the hospital, now after two I couldn't take it I was ready to go home. Like they say your home is much more peaceful then someone coming in every 2 hours or so. My sister want me to come to her house because it's just me at home and I declined I would rather be in my own bed in my own house... Good luck you will be fine speedy recovery to you