Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure if i need one more fill!

So when I got banded on 11/12/2012 I weighed 298.5 lbs. I now weight 219 lbs almost a year later. My goal was to loose 100 lbs by my birthday this year wich is 12/17. I have a 10cc band and at 5.5 cc full. I feel restriction after I eat and get stuck occasionally. I'm plateauing right now and not getting that last bit of weight off. Been like this for a month. Worried that if I get another fill that I will have lots of more stuck episodes. When they happen I can usually get the food to pass within minutes. I just swallow a couple gulps of ginger ale and up it comes!!! But I really want to get to my goal by the end of this year. Should I just go get like a half cc just to give my stomach a little push? I've worked so hard Andy goal is right Infront of me!!! Just not sure...just worried I might over fill myself and be stuck all the time!!

I have a 10 cc band, and only 5 cc in it. It sounds like you are similar to me. You could try another 1/2 cc but, I was never able to stand that much. I was stuck a lot with more than 5, and had to have it removed twice when I tried to go over twice! Only you know your body! I don't want to be a "Dolly Downer". Best wishes, maybe others will be better help.

Why do you think you're getting stuck so often? Are you bites big? Or are you eating too fast? You might just need a little LESS than 1/2 a cc... But I would address the stuck episodes FIRST. And ginger ale... Really??

So when I got banded on 11/12/2012 I weighed 298.5 lbs. I now weight 219 lbs almost a year later. My goal was to loose 100 lbs by my birthday this year wich is 12/17. I have a 10cc band and at 5.5 cc full. I feel restriction after I eat and get stuck occasionally. I'm plateauing right now and not getting that last bit of weight off. Been like this for a month. Worried that if I get another fill that I will have lots of more stuck episodes. When they happen I can usually get the food to pass within minutes. I just swallow a couple gulps of ginger ale and up it comes!!! But I really want to get to my goal by the end of this year. Should I just go get like a half cc just to give my stomach a little push? I've worked so hard Andy goal is right Infront of me!!! Just not sure...just worried I might over fill myself and be stuck all the time!!

Please read this article in its entirety before you add more saline in your band, please learn how the band WORKS before you add any more saline.

Getting food stuck OFTEN should be a warning to you and the LAST thing you need is to add more saline, if you can't or is not willing to chew your food well.

Sometimes, when you come to a plateau, you should examine your eating and exercise habits, your calories should be low, Water should be over 8 glasses per day and exercise should be at least 1 hour per day, instead of adding more saline, MORE SALINE Is not always better especially if you are already in the green zone, also if you are getting food stuck often you maybe already in the red zone and may need to get a little saline removed.

And lastly -- the band will NEVER stop you from eating, it helps you stop, if you are dealing with head hunger the band can't stop that, many people seek counseling for that, the bands job is help reduce hunger NOT stop you from eating.

Last thing...the lap band has a VERY high complication rate from people getting food stuck often and staying in the red zone too long and vomiting frequently, so please remember that.

http://bariatrictime...1/#comment-2133

Gastric Banding and the Fine Art of Eating

Good luck

I have 4.25 in the 14cc band and have been stuck more after my last fill (#4) of .75cc. For me it's not eating slow enough, and I am just really learning about how the band works, till now didn't see any difference in what I could eat or how I ate! But because I've been the problem I will get another fill this coming week.

You shouldn't be getting stuck. Smaller bites and chew longer. Also- my dr has a NO CARBONATION rule. So gingerale is a no-no.

Before getting a fill I'd look at your diet. What are you eating? If you're getting stuck you may even be a little too tight. I'd also cut the soda. Go back to clean eating, cut out any processed foods you're eating and if you're not getting 8 glasses of Water a day and 60grams of Protein aim for those.

In my opinion the scale not moving is not a good reason to get a fill. Purpose of getting a fill would be to deter your hunger for a prolonged amount of time. I almost got a fill once because of the scale not moving and a good friend on here helped me analyze it. What it came down to is I could go 4 to 5 hours between meals without being hungry. I do not snack. Therefore my band was doing exactly what it was designed to do.

Sometimes your body needs time to adjust especially if you lost a lot of weight.

I would definitely recommend analyzing your food intake and exercise as others have suggested. If your not journaling food then that might be a good idea just so you can take stock on your intake.

This is a great article to read if you haven't already.

http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

As stated, evaluate why you are getting stuck. I find that if I get stuck its either too large a bite, eating too fast or not chewing well. Fix this first. If you don't the stuck episodes will increase and they are not pleasant. good luck.

I am very confused about fill, I was banded 2009 and I have 2to5 fill and infill within last 4 yrs, lost and gained, lost and gained. I had fill two weeks ago 3 cc in 3.5 cc . I feel restrict one day and another day no restriction at all. Is any one like this? One day feel not hungry the other day I can eat huge pls help.