Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' March Challenge

Bluehill: That is the best news I have heard all day. I was worrying about you! Your house sounds like a dream! It will probably feel like a dream come true.

Bluehill, I'm so glad you're on the mend!! That's just GREAT! Almost as great as taking a shower, then getting home. I know you'll be so relieved. Will you be able to post pics of your new woodwork?

Kat, Believe me, I understand the importance of Onederland, but I wouldn't worry about it (not that you seem worried) or get a fill -- I think you're on the perfect track and you'll get there the healthiest way of all. Remember not so long ago when you were stuck at about 209 for several weeks? Then, like 6-7 lbs came off pretty easily, it seemed. I think that's a common pattern and your body will catch up with all your fabulous weight training over time. I know you know this. I'm really convincing myself too, with all this talk!

I got in 40 min on the elliptical tonight after I walked home from work (2.5 miles -- I should walk to and from work more often). So far so good in March. I've got another 4 mile race on Sunday, so no more running until then....

I had a pretty good day today. I've gone down another pant size, which is always fun. My Mom had bought some pants at Old Navy on clearance and she didn't think -- I guess -- that a "low rise skinny cut" size 16 pant might be a long shot for me. Anyway, they fit today! Not that I should be wearing "low rise skinny cut" anything under non-lycra-under-garment circumstances, but they did fit.

Got in 45 min on the elliptical today. It's elliptical again tomorrow and Saturday as I don't want to run before Sunday's race.

Nite all,

Good job Julie - yeah size 16!

Alan was ready to take a walk today - I didn't want him to, but he insisted - the angiogram was a snap for him and he feels great. So we went for our walk to and from Breakfast...............!

Have a nice week-end all!

I am still here lurking in the background, I am fine with my travelling when I go away it is just coming back to no messages on the phone and the lack of intimacy I thought was going well, I decided to pick myself up today, go to the gym, my therapist and get the manicure/pedicure! Not coping too well, sorry for my lack of participation in this challenge this month, Bluehill I am glad you are better, thanx to all that wrote me support

XX Amourette:eek:

170 Betty, WOW! Just a few little tenths of a pound and you'll be in the 160s. Can you believe it?? So cool. Alan can't stay in the 160s -- he's a 170s guy. You're going to be the skinny minny in the family in no time. I'm glad Alan felt like getting out for a walk. That the angio was such a snap for him is surely a good sign.

Amourette, you're going to get through this. You're coping just fine and don't put any pressure on yourself. It's just hard is all. Hang in there.

Julie,

Great job... we are both in a 16 pant!!!!

My scales has been stuck (here comes the plateau) at 197!!But... I knew this would happen some time. I had a major anxiety attack today because I didn't run. I woke up and the wind was 40 km per hour and - 30... so I choose to take the day off, got my coffee and relaxed.. and then of course the wind died down! I felt really guilty. I didn't realize how much I needed to run. I have to do 2.75 k tomorrow to make 15 k this week, so I hope I can make it. My race is in 2 weeks and I am getting scared.

Is it just me or do other people feel like they are always waiting for the shoe to drop... like this is it and I won't be able to keep doing this anymore!!

Sorry to be such a downer.

On the good side of things, I did walk into work 1.2 k and I did running sprints on the way...

Talk to you later,

Dawn

banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/197 (still) 179

Julie - I see that scale inching down - have a great run on Sunday!

Dawn - I got up this morning (it's Friday - scale day), scared and a bit confused and definitely thinking I'm not going into the gym (I'm tired and stressed) - weighed myself (not good - just like I knew it would be because last week was a cookie snitching/other stuff not in my usual day) - up 3 lbs..................and then read your post..................I'm out of here on my way to NIA...- already counted it -..................for me this was the week you talked about - waiting for the other shoe to drop...............the old head "crazy talk"................brought on by stress of what's going on with Alan, anxiety about this last plateau - whatever - I just now sat myself back and said - hey, you..................good thoughts.............good deeds...............back to the basics......................I think we've all had so much stress in our lives just with dealing with this huge difference in our bodies this past year..........throw in everyday life................and we're expecting ourselves to be superwomen! I'm going to try to calm down this week................go slow, Betty, go slow!

Well, I just came back in here to edit this! I lied! I did not go to NIA today! I went in to say bye to Alan - he was still in bed - and gave him a kiss and he said I need a hug............so, I got under the covers, it felt so good, the warm blankies and the hug - I stayed home! NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENED!!!!!, but we both needed big hugs!

Good Morning everyone--

Well yesterday was an eventful day. Started it out in the courtroom at 8:15, we were supposed to be there to finalize what we agreed upon in mediation (the guy who run through our field fence and I). Last I saw him he was screaming in mediation. Well he didn't show up. His attorney did with a cashiers check---that wasn't good enough for the judge. I did get the check, and actually another from the attorney, because the judge disagreed with them paying for the new fence, he wanted the $$$ to go to us, and we can pay the fencing company. He also ruled a contempt charge on both the idiot that drove through the fence, and the attorney. Because the attorney said he advised his client that he need not appear, he would handle it, and the judge got a little irritable. Anyway, I do not have to go to that hearing, and they are supposed to deal with the uninsured driving then, he did say he reserved the right to reward future monetary settlement, based on the next hearing, which isn't until JUNE!!! He told me I should have had representation. I wasn't out to get anything except my fence fixed....I don't want more than that. I am just glad my part is done, I want it ALL over, so that guy is out of my life, he gives me the heebie-jeebies. He also said the restraining order would remain in effect, until at least the June hearing. So that was good---it is over for the most part! And I have a check so I can call andhave the fence fixed, and get the cows back out in the field to graze it before it is time to grow it to harvest.

So, from court I headed to the surgical center---my Mom was having arthroscopic surgery on her knee. Surgery went well, they said likely in 5 years she will need a replacement. But then she began having problems with her SAT levels, she was not coming around from the anesthesia like they wanted, so they called an ambulance, and transported her to the hospital. She is in for observation, and is breathing some better, until she goes to sleep---then her numbers drop significantly again. Following surgery without 02, when she would go to sleep she would drop into the 60's!!! That is deprivation level he said so that is why he sent her over. I see a C-PAP machine in her VERY near future. She is up and walking this morning. My DD is over seeing her now, since she had the girl and couldn't be there yesterday, when she comes back, I'll head over. She seems to be doing much better today---thank goodness!

Betty---I am so glad Alan is doing well. Rick got the blood clot from his angiogram which led to a big bunch of the issues he had with long term blood thinners...so I am VERY glad he sailed through that with such ease!!!! YEA!!!!!

Julie---I am not going to stress over the scale. I once dreamed of again being a size 14---and I can wear that now. Yes I would like to lose more, and I will---I am just not going to worry about it. Try to keep myself as healthy as possible, and enjoy it. I don't want to spend today stressing and working towards nothing but a number for tomorrow. I intend to enjoy today as much as possible. I have given up too many "todays" wishing for something different for "tomorrow". Living like Dawn was talking about ---waiting for the other shoe to drop. So pretty much I decided to throw that dang shoe on the floor, and get on with it! When ALL signs point to needing a fill to maintain or something, then I will do it. Til then--I will try to eat healthy, and move each day---and enjoy the success I have had so far. Kinda sounds lazy to put it into words---but it is just a feeling of being glad to be where I am in life.

Rick went yesterday for a CAT scan. We were afraid he had a small stroke the day before. He had a massive headache, then lost all movement on his right side. He recovered from it very quickly, which they said was unusual for a TIA--but they wanted to check it out anyway. His CAT scan come back with no hematomas visible, or no abnormalities visible. They will go through it closer, but at this time, they are attributing it to a pinched nerve. Which a year ago---we would have too. But after the year we have had and his issues with the blood---it scared us pretty bad. But man---talk about flying high, and being happy with some results!!!

All of the stresses combined yesterday have my belly trashed. I want nothing to eat at all---I tried to eat yesterday, but it felt like it just sit there. Going to baby it today, and hope it feels better.

amourette--take the time you need to baby yourself---you deserve it. It wouldn't be right for you just to move on without issue. You put your heart out there, and it needs some time to heal. We are here to listen if you need us!

Blue---hope your trip home is safe, and the woodwork wonderful!!!

Well my DD is back, she left the girlie with me, while she went to the hospital, since she didn't get to go yesterday, but she is here to get her now, so I can head up there.

Everyone have a good day, and I'll check back later!

Kat

Kat - hope all is still well with Rick...............these guys are getting to us!

Yes, I did remember that you had told me Rick had a problem with the angio................so glad that part is over for Alan. Now wating to talk to the surgeon on Tues!

I removed my in advance addition for today to this challenge............I'll make up for it this week-end!

I was hoping to feel more like working out tonight, but it isn't happening. I am having my DD bring me home some anti nausea meds---and hoping my stomach stays ok til then, but it makes me so sleepy, I can't watch the little one. I guess what I took for stress is some part of this migrating bug I seem to have....dangit anyway.

We got my Mom home, she is walking really well! She has to schedule a sleep study---but that is a good thing, I have been telling her that for a few months---but I am not a Dr.!!! She is very good about doing as they advise, so she will do it. I am just glad she is home and all is well!

Kinsey is napping, so I am going to go lie down as well. BBL

Kat

Boo - Going to call my lawyer Julie and see if I can get you into court for defamation of character - wish "it" were "it"! So mean to bring up "it" to a couple of "old poops" who can hardly remember what "it" is! Now that you did bring "it" up - hmmmmmm!

On my way to NIA - no sliding back into bed today (hmmmmmmmm!).

Well that's just it, it is final........if I have to give "it" up---I refuse to get any older. No fair, no way--uh uh, ain't happenin'!!

hmmmmmm, they bronze baby shoes.......

Kat

Just got back from NIA - "it" felt good!

OK - got an idea for next month (or when Alan is recovered from surgery!!!).................we'll incorporate "it" into our routine - how many times and duration - not for the ears of those unmarrieds (yeah right - those unmarrieds know a lot more than I did in those "good old days" - wish I would have known then what I know now!!!!! - as my father-in-law used to say to my mother-in-law - "It's a new world Hannah"!).