Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' March Challenge

I'm all for it---it will be one goal I can be guaranteed to make!!!

Maybe I should be counting it as excersize now!!!!!

How funny!

Kat

Hi guys...

Well, the scale is still (frustratingly) stuck... but I am determined. I had a good run this a.m. 5.25 km in 41.5 minutes. It was a slog, but I got through it and felt good about it afterwards. I met someone today, who I only saw once before and she said... oh yeah your the runner! I was in total shock.

Well, it sounds like you are all doing well. Keep up the good work!

Dawn

Banded April 4,2006

Montreal

358/197/179

March challenge = 8 to date

Not a good idea for us on this thread that are not in that zone at the moment, maybe you could start another one for yourselves! Sorry, but feeling a bit sensitive at moment!

XX Amourette:D

I finished my second 4 mile race. It was much better than the first one both because I had one under my belt and because it was 30 degrees warmer. It was perfect weather for a race (high 50s). The times aren't posted, but I'm pretty sure I finished in the 11 minute/mile range, which means I beat my last time by at least a minute per mile, which was better than my goal, so I'm happy. During the hard part of the race (mile 2.5-3, which is uphill) I just kept chanting "199, 199, 199!" It'll be here soon.

I hope you are all having a good day. The weather here is glorious, so I'm going to shower and get outside.

I took a picture with my cell phone the other day on the request of a friend who hadn't seen me in a while. I thought I'd share another "Before" and "Now" with yall too....(Betty, I know you've already seen it, so apologies for the duplicate!).

BeforeAfter.jpg

Take care, Julie

:girl_hug: Oh, Amourette - I am sorry! Your time will come ............just you wait (hopefully not too long) and when it does - wow - nothing like it - take it from this grammy who's been with a wonderful guy for 45+years - he was worth waiting for and so will yours be! Never once have I had reason to think I was not his one and only - life is such a :girl_hug: when you find the right one - it'll be yours and the rest of you sweethearts out there - just keep looking!

Julie - I'm chanting with you.......................199, 199, 199!!!!! Go Julie!

Look at that body on that girl! Just wait a couple of weeks when she's a hard boobied/tummy studley!

Julie, you look gorgeous in your picture! You look like you weigh 160 at the most!

Amourette...so sorry. No more jokes from me.

You look like you weigh 160 at the most!

OK, Betty may be my bandster-mom, but YOU, Boo, are my new best friend.

Wink, Julie

Hello everyone!

Julie: Congratulations on finishing your race. That is great and you look great too!

Thanks everyone for the advice about my band. At times you get caught in a cycle and forget the fundamentals. Boo, I think I actually did get caught in a cycle of swelling, so I went of Clear liquids for 2 days. It worked! Last night my husband and I went to a formal and I just knew that I would PB the tough chicken and cous cous...and that would not be good, since I was sitting next to my boss! But all was well, it stayed down...althoug I just ate a little bit, because it was not the best.

I have only done 2 exercise sessions, however, now that it is getting warmer, I plan to walk on my lunch hours, plus I just bought a bicycle today...so I am planning on getting moving. We are having a pool put in this summer, so I need to tighten things up!

Thanks again!

That is great NJGirl. I am following that same advice now.

After no fill for seven months and very little restriction, I drove to TJ to get .2 extra in my band for a whopping 1.6. At first there was no change. On Thursday (9 days later) I was at a dinner event and felt pressured to eat. It was bad! Since then, I can't eat anything. I am having trouble with liquids, so I don't dare try solids. Just sipping, sipping, sipping. I am hoping the swelling goes down soon, or I'll be headed for an unfill this week.

I think I will ask on another thread, but does anyone know how to tell if you are in danger of dehydration? How many oz. of Water do we require a day? I am afraid to sweat because it is hard to get in the liquids I want.

Oh yeah, JULIE...averaging 11 minute miles for four miles? That is AWESOME! I've got to step it up!

Well originally our bandster class of April 2006 was so big I didn't chime in cause i was shy and didn't know how to jump in in the middle. So here I am now, and while I am not ready to take on such a hefty challenge for excersise, I do want to get to know all of you in my "class" For thoes who don't know me I was banded April 11, 2006 and have officilaly lost 68lbs. I have done this with zero excersise. I am biginning to see that those of you who have lost way more than me did so with hardcore excersise. My back and knees are just now ready to start walking a little bit to build up strength. I totally messed up my back several years ago and it has been a sorese of pain ever since. Pushing the vacuum was enough to have me crumpled on the floor in tears with major spasms before i got banded. Now almost a year later I can vacuum! It hurts a little, but not like it did before, now it just hurts becaues the muscles are week, not because they are spasming, so that is great progress in and of itself. I can now stand at the kitchen sink and do dishes without major pain! A couple of weeks ago I went to the zoo with the kids and walked around for 45minutes without sitting down! I used to have a hard time getting to the gate without crying cause it hurt so bad. My knee is another issue all together, it has had problems since elementary school, and I am always twisting it and making it worse. Sorry this post is so long but just trying to tell you all where I am at. Once upon a time I loved to run and would love to be there again, but I think I need to get used to walks first. I would love to hit goal by my second bandiversary but would settle for being able to excersise and get myself back in healthy shape. I finally have restriction as of last month yay :) and am back on track after a long plateau caused by not keeping track of what i was eating and cheating too often on goodies that are really bad for me. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully being up to april's challenge as we pass the 1 yr mark. It is amazing to me that it has been that long. Where does the time go?

Julie... wow!!! on both accounts - the photos and the race!!! You keep me focused on my 5 k in 2 weeks!!!

Hi Waterlily good to hear from you.

well, after all ,y grumbling, my scale finally moved. Take a look...

I ran 5 k on Saturday and did 2 k of speed work yesterday... I am dressed and ready to run right now... it is -30.... so it will have to be fast!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/195/179

Exercise sessions this month= 10

Dawn - you rock - you are something else again - wow - what an inspiration for us all!

Waterlily - welcome - start slow with the exercise - we all did - give yourself your own goal for several months - definitely start with walking! You'll soon catch up to us and wonder why in the "heck" didn't I do this before - it's great - makes you feel so good, gives you a kick in the tush to healthiness! We all loose at our own pace - don't compare yourself to others! On to our second year soon and hopefully by the end of this next year we'll all be maintaining "with ease" our goal weights.

This time change is no fun - it's still sort of dark outside - BUT I'M ON MY WAY TO THE GYM!

Had to have an emergency total unfill. I was vomitting blood!

I'll write more later!

Molly! I'll give you a nicer welcome tonight. Great story and I'm glad you are joining us.