Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Spokane Lap Band Dr.

Maestrita - I was banded in Mexico and cannot believe what the doctor's in Spokane charge for a fill. I've gone to Dr. Heap in Richland (about 2 hours drive) and he charges $135. Including fuel there and back, it works out to $150 for a fill. Much better than the ridiculous charges by local doctors. The negative side of things, is it's a two hour drive back to Dr. Heap for a slight fill or unfill if necessary. But the good outweighs the bad in my opinion! And, it's got to be less than a plane ticket :tongue:

His number is 509-943-8535. He only does fills on Monday afternoons, so I usually leave Spokane around 11:30, get my fill and am back home by 4:00. I've driven with another lady from Spokane before to share the fuel costs.

I've heard good things about Dr. Spitz, but I don't know what he charges for fills and if he will accept somebody he didn't do the surgery on.

Hope this helps, at least gives another alternative.

Its great news to me! I am going to Arlington on Saturday for a fill...after that, I may just have to take your advice. I think I will schedule my next one in Richland! I have been desperately seeking a REASONABLE Spokane doctor to do fills...but Richland will work just fine. THANKS SO MUCH!

Its great news to me! I am going to Arlington on Saturday for a fill...after that, I may just have to take your advice. I think I will schedule my next one in Richland! I have been desperately seeking a REASONABLE Spokane doctor to do fills...but Richland will work just fine. THANKS SO MUCH!

You're welcome! Glad I could help. The ladies in Arlington are awesome - I just hate that 4+ hour drive. Hopefully they'll be able to come to Spokane again soon.

I'm just in the assessment phase with my insurance.. but they (the insurance) pointed me toward Dr. Spitz... so am very interested in any feedback you all might have. Also glad to see so many eastern washington bandsters on line... I know I'll need support for all of this!!

Hi judy- I think Dr. Spitz is a great guy. My first fill went great. He was gentle, used the numbing stuff, his staff were also great.

If you pay upfront, you get a %20 discount. These are their discount prices. Fill $160. Fill under Fluro $215

If they have to bill you, the fill accourding to my calculation is $192 and if under fluro $258.

They always get me in within a week or two. It's never been longer. They do them on Mondays only incase you need an unfill.

I strongly recommend them.

Wow, thanks Tiff and Cubsgirl! That sounds very reasonable. Yeah, the plane ticket to Denver just went up to 300.00. It doesn't sound like would be a realistic option for me if I am going to need to keep going in. It's so great to network, isn't it?

Thats funny! I was going to Denver before I found Spitz.

I'm so happy to not have to take that flight any longer.

That's too funny!

Titantiff, do they (Dr. Spitz) fill Mexico banded patients? Do you have a number I could get from you.

Edited by Kaelin's G-Ma

He will take over your care even if it was done in Mexico. He's at the Rockwood Clinic 1-800-776-4048 . Jonathan Spitz.

I was there on Monday and they were telling me about a girl who had her band in Mexico and the port was eroding through the skin on her stomach. Ugh! Could you imagine.

He will take over your care even if it was done in Mexico. He's at the Rockwood Clinic 1-800-776-4048 . Jonathan Spitz.

I was there on Monday and they were telling me about a girl who had her band in Mexico and the port was eroding through the skin on her stomach. Ugh! Could you imagine.

Titan Tiff - I contacted Dr. Spitz' office and they won't see me because I was banded in Mexico. Do you mind if I ask where you were banded? Perhaps they saw the girl mentioned above because it was an emergency situation? I just want to make sure the receptionist didn't give me wrong info. I'd much rather find somebody local than drive to Richland. Thanks for your help.

Hi Everybody. When I first phoned local doctors, nobody would take Mexico banded patients. I contacted Dr. Spitz' office last week and they are not seeing Mexico patients. I phoned Dr. Pennings in CdA and they said they now see Mexico patients. There is a one-time $300 consulation fee. Fills cost $125. Their phone number is 208-262-0945. Hope this helps!

Hi Everybody. When I first phoned local doctors, nobody would take Mexico banded patients. I contacted Dr. Spitz' office last week and they are not seeing Mexico patients. I phoned Dr. Pennings in CdA and they said they now see Mexico patients. There is a one-time $300 consulation fee. Fills cost $125. Their phone number is 208-262-0945. Hope this helps!

THANK you for posting this, I am going to schedule my fill this month!! I tried Dr. Spitz at the RW clinic and got the runaround- first they weren't sure, please call back, then called back, still not sure, then finally they said NO to Mexican patients. I JUST WANT A FILL!!

Thanks so much.

I just called to try to make an apt with Dr Spitz for the fourth time. I am about to give up and move on. I was so hopeful that I could have my care done here, but it looks like it isn't going to work out. ;(

I just called to try to make an apt with Dr Spitz for the fourth time. I am about to give up and move on. I was so hopeful that I could have my care done here, but it looks like it isn't going to work out. ;(

I use the ladies from Marysville, wa....they come over here to do fills every 4 months or so.....They will be in Spokane in Aug....Im not sure about Dr. Pennings, last time I checked he wasnt doing us Mexico patients.....If you hear of anyone else in this area, let me know and If you want the ladies phone number or website I can pass it aliong to you....They really are great just located over in Seattle and takes a while for them to get over here sometimes....

Are the ladies from Marysville surgeons? I am not comfortable going with someone who is not a doctor. It would be great if they are. I am really looking for a comprehensive after care rather than just fills. I understand that Dr. T charges thousands for after care. I wish I could afford that, but I simply can't. I met him once, and I was impressed with his knowledge of the procedure. BTW, I was not banded in Mexico. I was banded in Colorado, and I strongly wish I lived closer to my surgeon. But for the distance, I wouldn't be looking. Too bad I have to live here...