Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Spokane Lap Band Dr.

I was watching the news and there is a new Lap band Dr in Spokane. :clap2: He's just moved here but has lots of experience. I talked with his office and he will do aftercare and fills for patients that have had their bands placed elsewhere. I did forget to ask about cost. His name is Dr. Trotter his number and address is Valley Outpatient Surgery Center 1414 N. Houk Rd, Suite 204 Spokane, Wa. 99216 phone 509-922-0362 or call Lori at his office 344-3100

Hi there.. my name is Toni I was banded by Dr. Sanchez in Monterrey, MX 2001.. I have lost total from my heaviest 100+ lbs.. I am full at 4cc's. I am going to be moving back to Spokane.. Let me know if you go to Dr. Trotter... I am in Big Sky, MT right now.. I need another .5 cc'z.. haven't lost any in about 6 months.. winter is so hard especially where it snows this much.. if you could find out his costs..and let me know.. How old are you? I am 40 with twin 5 year old boys.. wow now there is a work out.. but still not at goal.. got another 40 to go..

Hope to hear from you soon..

Hi Toni, I used to live in Kalispell. Small world. I'm 44. I live in NE Washington outside of Newport. I plan to use Dr. Trotter for my aftercare and fills even if he is a little more expensive it will be cheaper in the long run. After you pay fuel, food, + travel time & overnight stay in Tri-cities it still would be less. I go to Spokane at least once a month anyway. When are you moving to Spokane? I'd love to have a support buddy if your interested.:clap2: I have surgery March 20th. Excited but nervous.

I just called Dr. Trotter's office and he charges $2500 for a year's worth of fills and unfills. I'm outraged! I had my band done in TJ by Dr. Ortiz two years ago. I just moved here from Seattle and I had my fills done by Dr. Neal in Olympia for $375 per fill and unfill (you got an unfill for free if you needed one).

I've only had to have five fills in two years, so with Dr. Trotter, that's about $450 per fill and since the $2500 only pays for one year, that's probably about $1000 per fill for me! I can't believe a doctor would do this. He must not be making enough money or something. I'm really shocked and I feel like this borders on malpractice.

Any other Dr. Trotter insights that might make me feel better? Or other doctors who aren't so outrageously expensive? I much prefer to pay per fill.

Kathleen

Wow, Im in shock that you are paying so much for your fills!!!! There are 2 ladies that come here from Seattle area and do fills for only $150.00....If you'd like more info let me know, I have there number and I go only to them. They come to Spokane about every 8 weeks or so....I missed them 2 weeks ago so I drove over to Seattle and got my fill on Sat. Anyways, if you'd like the info let me know....

I go to Dr.Fox he is originally from seattle but is now in richland. I would check him out. His whole office is fantastic!!!! Their number is 943-0710

I was interested in this conversation because Dr. Trotter is my lap band doctor. He is not new and has done over several thousand surgeries. He also is an instructor to other doctors. My fills are free for at least the first year. I haven't asked beyond that. I think he is one of the best doctors I have ever had. If you can, find out when one of his siminars are and attend it. You can ask him these questions, because he teached them. His office is on Rowan in Spokane

I have been looking for a MD to take over my maintence somewhere in Spokane too. Trotters office does charge a crazy fee but it includes a full years worth of fills, unfills, and any complications due to the band.

There is another alternative I just discovered. I go Monday to see a new Spokane MD. Dr. Jonathan Spitz at the Rockwood Bariatric Clinic at Sacred Heart. 509-838-2531.

Hi Titantiff,

Did you go to Dr. Spitz? How was he? I'd like to find out the cost and if you liked him or not, etc.

Thanks!

Kathleen

Hi I too am looking for a Dr. in the Spokane area, have you found out anything on this Dr. Spitz??? Dr. Troter charges too much, let me know any info you might know or have...thanks, Lisa

Hi Titantiff,

Did you go to Dr. Spitz? How was he? I'd like to find out the cost and if you liked him or not, etc.

Thanks!

Kathleen

Hi I too am looking for a Dr. in the Spokane area, have you found out anything on this Dr. Spitz??? Dr. Troter charges too much, let me know any info you might know or have...thanks, Lisa

Trotter is now mostly based out of Holy Family Hospital. I love the hospital but I plan on having my bariatrics done via Rockwood Clinic since my gastroenterologist is from there (Dr Delich). I'm just not sure if I want to go lap band or bypass, and if bypass, which one to get.....

I'm just in the assessment phase with my insurance.. but they (the insurance) pointed me toward Dr. Spitz... so am very interested in any feedback you all might have. Also glad to see so many eastern washington bandsters on line... I know I'll need support for all of this!!

Wow, Im in shock that you are paying so much for your fills!!!! There are 2 ladies that come here from Seattle area and do fills for only $150.00....If you'd like more info let me know, I have there number and I go only to them. They come to Spokane about every 8 weeks or so....I missed them 2 weeks ago so I drove over to Seattle and got my fill on Sat. Anyways, if you'd like the info let me know....

Lisa, I would love that contact information. Otherwise, I will be flying to Denver for fills:thumbdown:

Lisa, I would love that contact information. Otherwise, I will be flying to Denver for fills:thumbdown:

Maestrita - I was banded in Mexico and cannot believe what the doctor's in Spokane charge for a fill. I've gone to Dr. Heap in Richland (about 2 hours drive) and he charges $135. Including fuel there and back, it works out to $150 for a fill. Much better than the ridiculous charges by local doctors. The negative side of things, is it's a two hour drive back to Dr. Heap for a slight fill or unfill if necessary. But the good outweighs the bad in my opinion! And, it's got to be less than a plane ticket :w00t:

His number is 509-943-8535. He only does fills on Monday afternoons, so I usually leave Spokane around 11:30, get my fill and am back home by 4:00. I've driven with another lady from Spokane before to share the fuel costs.

I've heard good things about Dr. Spitz, but I don't know what he charges for fills and if he will accept somebody he didn't do the surgery on.

Hope this helps, at least gives another alternative.