Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on my 4 months post op and down 42 lbs, but I've been noticing hair loss.. Anyone take anything for this?

good luck, I'm 16 and half months post op and my hair is so thin it looks awful, I take Biotin but all that does is makes it grow, not new growth. I try and get my Protein in and that's about it.

Hair loss is normal! I used to freak out but eventually it will stop falling out ;) no worries lol

Same here, I take the Biotin, and I use Nixon for Shampoo and conditioner make sure to get my Protein in daily and I have noticed a slow down of hair fall and lots of new growth coming in!!

Try the best you can not to stress about it, stress only makes the situation worse I have found....but I haven't found the remedy for that one yet :)

I asked my Dr about it recently to try to avoid hair loss.. He told me its directly related to

Protein intake and to try to get 60-80 grams in a day.. He also said its not instant.. For example if your not getting enough protein in now, you'll start losing hair in a few months

Thank you guys! Your replies have helped a lot

Yep, it will stop. You are right on track at about 4 months for unfortunate Hair loss. I went to the dermatologist when it started happening to me, at about 5 months. He said it was your body going into a kind of shock and assured me I would not go bald. It stopped falling out about 2-3 months later. I was lucky to start with a thick head of hair. Hope it stops and regrows soon!

I asked my Dr about it recently to try to avoid hair loss.. He told me its directly related to

Protein intake and to try to get 60-80 grams in a day.. He also said its not instant.. For example if your not getting enough Protein in now, you'll start losing hair in a few months

This is something that often gets overlooked. It takes time for hair to grow and even longer for new growth to start. All of the Biotin and shampoos etc. won't grow hair but will only make your current hair healthier and fuller. People lose hair for two reasons that I know of related to WLS. The anesthesia itself can cause Hair loss and the absence of protein due to pre and post op diets can cause it. This is what my doc told me and I have done a little research on the web to verify it.

All most people can do is get their protein in and patiently wait for your hair to come back. My hair was lost for five months or so but it corrected itself (mostly)

I am open to correction as I am not an expert in any field I am aware of. :wacko: