Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Highschool all over again!!!! :-(

I will TRY to keep this short and sweet. A lot of us are new to this whole band thing. We are trying to learn so if you think our questions are dumb don't reply. No one has to be a you know what about their opinions. Everything is in moderation, good or bad. I'm a genetically fat human on top of going through the band change (5 days post op only ) give me a break. I didn't get this band to be miserable or "skinny" I refuse to cross over and be the "skinny stuck up B" I just want to be a humble me in a new healthy body. I look back and see a lot of people who started off sweet as cupcakes pre band and you now, I'm taken back. (Is this what going to happen to my sweet personality when I lose weight? ) I come here for support, something I don't get with a lapband through my family so please if you don't have something nice to say keep moving there are other people you can talk to trust me. Sincerely the freshman

Agree100%. I want to be a vessel rather than a hole to shrink the ship. Don't let the negativity get you down. I wish you success on your journey.

Text can't convey emotions. There are no voice inflections or body language to read. I could say "oh don't be silly" and you have no idea if I'm laughing and saying it playfully or scowling and saying it mean. The written word is up for interpretation and unfortunately the way you interpret it may not necessarily be the way the writer meant it.

Just something to keep in mind when you're reading posts.

Text can't convey emotions. There are no voice inflections or body language to read. I could say "oh don't be silly" and you have no idea if I'm laughing and saying it playfully or scowling and saying it mean. The written word is up for interpretation and unfortunately the way you interpret it may not necessarily be the way the writer meant it. Just something to keep in mind when you're reading posts.

Very true! But she was pretty clear when she insulted my surgeon and his team. No mistake there. It was in clear text and yes I felt taken back because naturally they are my team. My home I go back to. It wasn't how she text it but what was actually put into words in a private message.

Very true! But she was pretty clear when she insulted my surgeon and his team. No mistake there. It was in clear text and yes I felt taken back because naturally they are my team. My home I go back to. It wasn't how she text it but what was actually put into words in a private message.

Oh ok. Perhaps you should send this thread to the person in question?

I hope this person had your best interest at heart, even if the message wasn't received well

I will TRY to keep this short and sweet. A lot of us are new to this whole band thing. We are trying to learn so if you think our questions are dumb don't reply. No one has to be a you know what about their opinions. Everything is in moderation' date=' good or bad. I'm a genetically fat human on top of going through the band change (5 days post op only ) give me a break. I didn't get this band to be miserable or "skinny" I refuse to cross over and be the "skinny stuck up B" I just want to be a humble me in a new healthy body. I look back and see a lot of people who started off sweet as cupcakes pre band and you now, I'm taken back. (Is this what going to happen to my sweet personality when I lose weight? ) I come here for support, something I don't get with a lapband through my family so please if you don't have something nice to say keep moving there are other people you can talk to trust me. Sincerely the freshman[/quote'] Unfortunately there are a few people on this forum that clearly never learned manners. Just ignore them and don't answer them or give them time of day and pay attention to the positive people. Yes...high school all over again!

i am truly sorry you had a bad experience. my main goal as with most of the ppl on here is to be supportive and educational. please don't hold 1 persons bad manners against this web site. it is a great web site. you will learn a great deal from the ppl here that are on different levels of band life. i promise you will be supported.

I hope to be even sweeter.. Being kind friendly and supportive are all free. I'm humbled by my experiences so far.. No need for negativity or nastiness.. Good luck hun you'll be great

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

I will TRY to keep this short and sweet. A lot of us are new to this whole band thing. We are trying to learn so if you think our questions are dumb don't reply. No one has to be a you know what about their opinions. Everything is in moderation' date=' good or bad. I'm a genetically fat human on top of going through the band change (5 days post op only ) give me a break. I didn't get this band to be miserable or "skinny" I refuse to cross over and be the "skinny stuck up B" I just want to be a humble me in a new healthy body. I look back and see a lot of people who started off sweet as cupcakes pre band and you now, I'm taken back. (Is this what going to happen to my sweet personality when I lose weight? ) I come here for support, something I don't get with a lapband through my family so please if you don't have something nice to say keep moving there are other people you can talk to trust me. Sincerely the freshman[/quote']

I agree with you too. P.S. "The other FRESHMAN!"

Unfortunately there are a few people on this forum that clearly never learned manners. Just ignore them and don't answer them or give them time of day and pay attention to the positive people. Yes...high school all over again!
Thats exactly what *I do they don't matter one way or the other so they can take their "experience" and SHOVE IT!!

Have a blessed day, pretty!

Well I feel much better even though I cried last night. Normally my emotions are pacified by food so, last night I ran to the kitchen only to stop myself and say wait what can I eat? Ah forget it. Lol I went to bed without guilt. Haha thanks all of you for your replies they mean so much to me really they do. I wish everyone the best support and luck. Thanks beautiful ladies

Well I feel much better even though I cried last night. Normally my emotions are pacified by food so' date=' last night I ran to the kitchen only to stop myself and say wait what can I eat? Ah forget it. Lol I went to bed without guilt. Haha thanks all of you for your replies they mean so much to me really they do. I wish everyone the best support and luck. Thanks beautiful ladies[/quote']

No problem hon, welcome and best of luck to you too. :)

For a place of acceptance and support, you end up finding users that are judge mental and for a lack of better word stupid! Don't allow that to tarnish your experience! I am counting on your success. And maybe a silly question is the same question we all have. You are just brave enough to ask. I'm getting banded soon. I can't wait for my journey to fully start! I hope you find the guidance you need!!!

Wishing you nothing but success!!!! Another newbie here.

At the beginning I felt intimidated by negative people but being such a positive person that I am I ignore them, is like mosquitos flying in the summer table, it gets to the point that you ignore them. And yes ASK... It helps a lot when you are lost and you find one or two people that had walk the path that you are starting to take. Good luck !

Sweetie 13, I'm sorry you had a bad experience on here. I personally have had all good, positive feedback. The great people here are what makes this site so valuable....