Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Zone/Sweet Spot

I know everyone is different but what does the green zone feel like to you? I had my 5th fill 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I *think* I may be in the green zone but feel like I'll need another week or two to see if it gets any looser and how my intake is. Just wanted to see what restriction feels like to others. Thanks!

i am wondering the same question. what does it feel like to be in the green zone?

For me....I have no interest in food, and no interest in eating most of the time...in other words, no hunger...I know may people say no hunger between meals, but remember the band is adjustable and no 2 people are the same....so for everyone it is their choice...

Also, I can eat just so much, then I have to stop....making my portion sizes automatically set...AND making it impossible to over eat....

When I have those 2 things going for me, then I have good steady weight loss, which equals complete patient satisfaction....

It was hard work for me to get to that perfect balancing point, took a good 4-6 months after surgery with aggressive fills....there were a few times I wanted to give up and go and get some Fluid taken out to make things easier...but in my case, I'm glad I did not because things did settle down and I found that "Groove" I believe many people choose not to pursue it but fall short..which is OK because that is one of the good things about this surgery is YOU finding YOUR comfort level...and where YOU choose to be is not right or wrong, and should not be considered the ONLY avenue as some here believe...(Their way is the only way)

But once I did get through that difficult struggling period (Bandster hell)...it has been all an effortless coasting downhill ever since!!! Another perk I enjoy being in the Green Zone....for over 2 years now, consistently with no problems what so ever...

But again, it is important to know that everyone is different....there is no right or wrong, just examples of how everyone has found their success and happiness.....or lack thereof...and it is up to you and your Dr. how you want to proceed wit tis journey...no one Else's.

B-52: can you define for me "I can eat just so much" please? I just had my first fill a week ago and now when I eat to a certain level, I feel a slight tightness in my chest so I stop. I have been eating very small portions, so I wondered if that was my "soft signal" that folks talk about.

fee139, I can answer for b-52. That is a "soft signal". It sounds like you are getting to know your band real good. Another "soft signal"is a small burp. So, best of luck at finding your sweet spot, it sounds like you are on your way!

I had problems and they took all the Fluid out but I am slowly getting it back up just had a fill 6cc in a 10cc band and I feel alittle in the back of my throat but I think I will get just a bit more that would put me back to where I was 6.5cc and I am hoping that does it again. I just didnt feel like eating and had to watch the clock ti remember that was the sweet spot for me.

For me, the Green Zone is exactly what it should be. I can go much longer periods of time without hunger after eating very little food. Because I'm not always hungry, I'm not pre-occupied with food so it makes it easy to eat less.

The band isn't meant to physically stop you from over eating, but if you listen to it, it will tell you when you've had enough. Like the "soft stop" mentioned above. I only eat about 1/2 cup of food and I'm no longer hungry so I stop eating.