Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

I'm 7 days post op and really finding it hard to take in deep breaths cough or even laugh is it still normal to have this when I do any of these I get really sharp pains and can't move. Did anyone else have this at this stage?

I also find my left side going into real pain. And when this happens I can't move and do anything. ????

Any advice please

It's probably gas. Keep trying to take in deep breaths as much as you can and walk, walk, walk. Hope you feel better. I am day 8 post op and I still have gas pain and still taking my pain meds. Are you taking yours?

It's probably gas. Keep trying to take in deep breaths as much as you can and walk' date=' walk, walk. Hope you feel better. I am day 8 post op and I still have gas pain and still taking my pain meds. Are you taking yours?[/quote']

I am still taking pain meds But really scary hey. Doing as much walking as I can right now.

Thank you

I also got sharp pains like that but once the gas was expelled they went away. I also had sharp pain after some exercise that was similar about a month later, once again it turned out to be gas pain and once expelled it went. Takes a number of days :(

Yes! I just called my dr I had them and literally drop to my knees! She said its just gas and to move around. a heating pad works. Take some gas ex to help. Its normal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LapBandTalk

I'm 2weeks on Friday, and I have horrible sharp pain like under my ribs on the left side. Very hard to take deep breaths. It sucks. Hope it goes away soon.

I'm 2weeks on Friday' date=' and I have horrible sharp pain like under my ribs on the left side. Very hard to take deep breaths. It sucks. Hope it goes away soon.[/quote']

That's exactly what I have but trying to walk as much as I can had a bad day,just laying in bed today with heaps of pain meds. Good luck to you xxx

That's exactly what I have but trying to walk as much as I can had a bad day' date='just laying in bed today with heaps of pain meds. Good luck to you xxx[/quote']

Hey how are you doing with the pain? I found 4 gas x/day really helps.

I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone. I find that my pain meds don't help the discomfort. I can't say it's pain but it's a dull irritating feeling. I also can't take a deep breath. I can't lay in my left side either. Yea I'm with you guys, the gas is a pain. My pain meds also constipates me so I'm trying not to take so much of that cause I haven't had a BM either not sure if that's normal. I hate calling my doctors office because I don't want to be that patient that calls for every thing but. I guess time will tell I'm only 4 days post op

I had very similar pains after surgery. A massage-although sore initially-was what ended up moving the gas around and dispelling it. I felt better within a day or 2.

I'm so relieved to know that I'm not alone. I find that my pain meds don't help the discomfort. I can't say it's pain but it's a dull irritating feeling. I also can't take a deep breath. I can't lay in my left side either. Yea I'm with you guys' date=' the gas is a pain. My pain meds also constipates me so I'm trying not to take so much of that cause I haven't had a BM either not sure if that's normal. I hate calling my doctors office because I don't want to be that patient that calls for every thing but. I guess time will tell I'm only 4 days post op[/quote']

In the same boat. Pain meds do not help the gas pain! I have been concerned about the lack of BM also! 3 days post op