Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Pedro Kuri Beware

x not worth it.

You failed to provide any info on how this was the drs. fault and I have never heard of anyone getting a refund for a slipped band. Not saying it doesn't happen but I haven't seen it on here.

Any band can slip if you had it since January and it just slipped now, how is that the old surgeons fault.

Wow. I'm sorry you had that experience and thanks for speaking out so others can be warned.

I was never able to tolerate more than 1.5cc and steadily had to back off from there down to a total empty then surgery.

Surgeon said it had something to do with the way it was stitched originally.

Any band can slip if you had it since January and it just slipped now, how is that the old surgeons fault.

If the current Surgeon made the statement regarding the stiching,, I would say there is a good chance it was done incorrectly by the Dr. In Mexico.. why would anyone doubt that? yes bands do slip but Jan was not that long ago and if he wasn't at fault why would he hang up on her? Sometimes I wonder why some people always have to argue with people's stories.. is it to prove something? Feelinggood I hope you resolve your issues and are able to stay healthy and motivated to lose your weight.. Take Care

Thank you Sharpie. I have a new 14cc band now and am hoping for the best. I even asked if I could send him the postop report and his response was don't bother.

I went into the Mexico route fully aware of the potential complications. But I never thought the problems I was having was directly related to how the surgeon placed the band. I had heard good things about Dr. Kuri and he has placed thousands of bands with great success. We live and learn.

If the current Surgeon made the statement regarding the stiching,, I would say there is a good chance it was done incorrectly by the Dr. In Mexico.. why would anyone doubt that? yes bands do slip but Jan was not that long ago and if he wasn't at fault why would he hang up on her? Sometimes I wonder why some people always have to argue with people's stories.. is it to prove something? Feelinggood I hope you resolve your issues and are able to stay healthy and motivated to lose your weight.. Take Care

Who is arguing. Why do some people have to take everything someone writes so offensive or literally. January was almost a year ago it is almost November I did not say that the poster was wrong. If you don't like what people post then ignore it.

Just curious? Did you have any vomiting/hurling sessions after your band was placed. Vomiting can cause the band to migrate north and so can drinking too much carbonation. Just asking?

tmf

I am so sorry you had to deal with this.

Don't let anyone try to tell you this is somehow your fault. It's not. You were one of the many who were mislead by the Mexican Medical Tourism industry into thinking the old 4cc bands were a good idea- despite the fact they're no longer used in the US because of their high complication rate.

I only hope that others will read your story and reconsider their choice to try to save money by getting a 4cc band in Mexico.

Best wishes for a wonderful future.

must have missed why dr (did bad)

but wishing you better luck with your health in the future

Thank you Missy. There are bound to be many others like me who become defensive of the 4cc band and surgery in Mexico. Thinking back I don't know what could have persuaded me to just wait it out and have the surgery done here. Don't ever stop trying. If you can even prevent 1 person from going, you have done well. Dr. Kuri's patient advocate called me this afternoon to see how I was doing and apologized for the doctor's behavior.

It's been quite a week.

To those that asked about whether I ever vomited and the answer to that question is Yes. I spent more days on liquids then solids because of it. So it is likely the combination of the vomiting and the way it was stitched both contributed to the slippage. I never had much fill in the entire 9 months and more often then not, Fluid was being removed within a day or 2 of a fill.

I am anxious to speak with my surgeon to get the whole picture because when he talked to me in recovery I was pretty out of it. My mom is the one who told me what he said about it being a mess and something not right about how it was stitched.