Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Special K Protein Water

I have some stored on my "post -op" shelf. I was attempting to wait and drink it after banding.

man this stuff was a life saver post op. I didnt recieve the same 'band rules' as a matterofact, i was told no protien shakes for four to seven days! Dr said i COULD drink these since they are Clear Liquids.

:( i still love them. i take them wtih me on bike rides and pretty much do at least three of these a day.

Wow---I didn't have that band rule either! I try to limit my liquid calories because they pass through and don't leave me full for an extended period, but I still drink pretty much anything I want. I don't do carbonation, but I gave it up before banding.

I was told no drinking with my meals, Protein first, limit my carbs, and sugars, small bites, chew well....but was never given a list of rules. It amazes me how varied the Dr.'s stance on all of these issues are!!

Pamla, I think having things ready and waiting for you when you come home frm surgery, is an excellent plan. I used my pre-op time and did some taste testing of the different drinks. I don't know if it was for that reason alone, or if it gave me something to "do"...shop for more post op things!!! Do you have asurgery date yet?

Kat

I looked at the Special K Water last weekend. If I remember right, it has 24 grams of sugar. That turned me off right there!

My nutritionist said low calories, low fat (under 6g) and low sugar (under 11g) for my Protein Drinks.< /p>

I don't waste the calories for only 5 grams of Protein. I use a different liquid Protein and make my own version of "protein water".

I take a propel - throw it into a 1 litre bottle. Add 1 tube of IDS New whey with 42 grams of Protein. Add tap Water to fill the bottle.

Yeah - it's got some calories - but the carb count in the Protein is really low - so you could make this using some low carb flavored water instead and really reduce the carb count.

The protein has 176 calories and like 2 carbs or something like that. By the time you add the propel, it has more calories - but for about the same calorie count as the Special K Water, I get more than twice the protein - and half the carbs.

PLUS - one tube is only $2.50 USD.

At my local grocery, it would cost me $16 bucks in Special K water to get the same protein count.

Just a thought.

I get mine at DPS nutrition web-site. It was the cheapest I could find them. Be sure to get the newest 42 gram of protein version, vs the old 25 gram one. http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_by_79.htm

Orange flavor is the best - although I have only tried the Orange and the fruit Punch flavors.

:]