Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow....like the tortoise

Well. I can see there aren't very many of us plicationers out there. Just going to try and get some topics going here. I am a slow loser. Always was on any diet. It has been 10 months now and have lost 63 lbs. I know a lady who had her surgery (The DS) one day before me and she has lost 150 lbs!! It doesn't seem quite fair. Now I know I didn't have as much to lose as her. I started out needing to lose 83 lbs. But still just last week she lost 4 lbs and now weighs 148. Ugh!! Where is the justice? Lol. Keep in mind, you CANNOT compare yourselves to others. You will just drive yourself crazy. (I'm preaching to myself here.) Yes, everyone has different bodies and different speeds at losing. I keep reminding myself that its not a race. As long as I get there, what is the hurry?

Well. I can see there aren't very many of us plicationers out there. Just going to try and get some topics going here. I am a slow loser. Always was on any diet. It has been 10 months now and have lost 63 lbs. I know a lady who had her surgery (The DS) one day before me and she has lost 150 lbs!! It doesn't seem quite fair. Now I know I didn't have as much to lose as her. I started out needing to lose 83 lbs. But still just last week she lost 4 lbs and now weighs 148. Ugh!! Where is the justice? Lol. Keep in mind, you CANNOT compare yourselves to others. You will just drive yourself crazy. (I'm preaching to myself here.) Yes, everyone has different bodies and different speeds at losing. I keep reminding myself that its not a race. As long as I get there, what is the hurry?

I hear you! This is a post as much to myself as you, but overall I think it's healthier to lose it at the rate we are losing it. We are not losing out on as much Calcium and Vitamins are those whose surgeries cause them not to absorb the foods. Yeah, instant gratification is great, but isn't that kind of what got us in this predicament in the first place? Plus, I think we will have less of an excess skin issue since we are losing it slower. Additionally, the extra time allows our minds time to heal too...as they need to adjust to the whole different mindset and to our new lifestyle. I think we are changing our true eating habits more, and hopefully that will help in keeping the weight off in the future. Just my $.02 worth.

All I know is I am SICK of being fat and SICK of how slow this is going!!!!! I had gained 30 more pounds rapidly after my wedding in September which is what made me think it was time to get the surgery. So, I have the surgery about 2 1/2 months ago and all I've lost is the 30 I recently gained!!! ARRGH! I know it's progress, but it doesn't FEEL like it! I want my clothes to start falling off of me, dang it! I want to look in the mirror and not see that double/triple chin anymore! I'm tired of still feeling tired and run down from dragging all this extra weight around with me!

Sorry, just having a bad day....

All I know is I am SICK of being fat and SICK of how slow this is going!!!!! I had gained 30 more pounds rapidly after my wedding in September which is what made me think it was time to get the surgery. So, I have the surgery about 2 1/2 months ago and all I've lost is the 30 I recently gained!!! ARRGH! I know it's progress, but it doesn't FEEL like it! I want my clothes to start falling off of me, dang it! I want to look in the mirror and not see that double/triple chin anymore! I'm tired of still feeling tired and run down from dragging all this extra weight around with me!

Sorry, just having a bad day....

I think we're all at this mindset at one point or another. I just try to console myself that maybe our slower weight loss will mean less loose skin in the long haul. I think 30 lbs is great! I am three weeks out and stuck at 12 lbs, so I would take 30, LOL! I know what you mean though. I have definitely had to revise my goal dates. Hang in there!

FATTOPHAT AND CHOW CHOW: I feel your pain! I am 2 months out.. only down 30lbs and boy and Im always pissed... I dont eat a lot.. I have lots of restriction and Im always with Water.. Hell, I am almost to the point where I want to give up.. really this is worse than before the surgery because prior to the surgery, I was always dieting.. and with my "new tool" it seems that I have to constantly be on a diet as well. i know that when you have less to loose, it may take longer.. my goal was to loose 79lbs. and to be down 30 is good, dont get me wrong.. im down from a 20 to a size 16 but dang it. man..im tired of waking up with weight still being an issue.. like some freaked out obsession... everyone says incorporate exercise, but if i had the time, energy and inclination for that, hell i would not have had this surgery... my bestie told me to just forget about the surgery, dont ever weigh for the next 3 months and just see what happens.. oh and just last night, i had to go on my phone and computer and re set all my goals/goal dates cause at this rate.. man i dont know when i will be weiging 148..well, im mad at the world and myself right now..

good luck ladies

in the words of Michael Jackson: "you are not alone....i am here with you..."! lololol i have to laugh to keep from crying.. im sick of this obsessive cycle!

FATTOPHAT AND CHOW CHOW: I feel your pain! I am 2 months out.. only down 30lbs and boy and Im always pissed... I dont eat a lot.. I have lots of restriction and Im always with Water.. Hell, I am almost to the point where I want to give up.. really this is worse than before the surgery because prior to the surgery, I was always dieting.. and with my "new tool" it seems that I have to constantly be on a diet as well. i know that when you have less to loose, it may take longer.. my goal was to loose 79lbs. and to be down 30 is good, dont get me wrong.. im down from a 20 to a size 16 but dang it. man..im tired of waking up with weight still being an issue.. like some freaked out obsession... everyone says incorporate exercise, but if i had the time, energy and inclination for that, hell i would not have had this surgery... my bestie told me to just forget about the surgery, dont ever weigh for the next 3 months and just see what happens.. oh and just last night, i had to go on my phone and computer and re set all my goals/goal dates cause at this rate.. man i dont know when i will be weiging 148..well, im mad at the world and myself right now..

good luck ladies

Some days I feel like this, some days I am really happy with my plication...today is not a good day, lol! I seem to go in cycles...lose for about two weeks, then stop for about a week. As long as I keep losing, I am ok...I am close to 20 lbs down and 1 week and 1 month postsurgery...however, I worry that I may see more stalls and less losing as things go on.

Some days I feel like this, some days I am really happy with my plication...today is not a good day, lol! I seem to go in cycles...lose for about two weeks, then stop for about a week. As long as I keep losing, I am ok...I am close to 20 lbs down and 1 week and 1 month postsurgery...however, I worry that I may see more stalls and less losing as things go on.

Hang in there. It actually seems like my stalls have slowed down and I'm losing more regularly now, although still not very fast. I'm over 3 months post op.

Hang in there. It actually seems like my stalls have slowed down and I'm losing more regularly now, although still not very fast. I'm over 3 months post op.

I hope that happens to me too. Right now I am fearful that I've lost 20 lbs and I am going to stay there and not lose anymore. I thought I had lost some on the 9th, but I am back up today. So that means I have lost nothing for the entire month of June pretty much.

Just a question ...are you counting calories or using a weight loss site like myfitnesspal.com?

GiGi, I was skimming through old posts and saw that your last post wasn't answered. I'm not sure who you were posting it for, but thought I'd answer it. I had previously been using Myfooddiary.com and have felt that it was the best site for me because of the format and what nutrition components it listed, etc. I know some people have liked SparkPeople.com. however. I quit tracking what I'm eating quite some time ago and now I'm putting the weight back on. I just hate tracking calories, Protein, etc, though, this far out from my surgery. I'm going to try to get back on the band wagon and just try to make the right choices every time or at least more often than not! (I can only hope) Or I may have to go back to basics to get back on track. How is your weight loss going?