Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey fellow friends of weight loss surgery. I got out of my Rny yesterday afternoon, and am in the hospital right now in recovery. On a bright side, I just got my catheter out (praise the lord) and, on the down side, I can't seem to drink enough liquids to keep the doc happy enough to discharge me. My walking is easy except its difficult to stand without getting naesous. Did anyone else have similar problems? How long were you in the hospital and what foods could you manange to tollerate and hold down? (I do understand everyone is different but suggestions never hurt.)

Hey fellow friends of weight loss surgery. I got out of my Rny yesterday afternoon' date=' and am in the hospital right now in recovery. On a bright side, I just got my catheter out (praise the lord) and, on the down side, I can't seem to drink enough liquids to keep the doc happy enough to discharge me. My walking is easy except its difficult to stand without getting naesous. Did anyone else have similar problems? How long were you in the hospital and what foods could you manange to tollerate and hold down? (I do understand everyone is different but suggestions never hurt.)[/quote']

i had my surgery on 9/17 an got out of franklin square on the19 it might be nausea from anthesisia give it time i eat only Soups an purees sick of mashpotatoes but u wont be able to eat alot remember what you can fit in the palm of you hand bit i have to ask do u feel full all the time i really dont want to eat

i had my surgery on 9/17 an got out of franklin square on the19 it might be nausea from anthesisia give it time i eat only Soups an purees sick of mashpotatoes but u wont be able to eat alot remember what you can fit in the palm of you hand bit i have to ask do u feel full all the time i really dont want to eat

At this point a sip of Water keeps me full for hours. I will totally say yes to that one I feel full allbthe time but not too full just full; which is nice. My surgery was over 24 hours ago now does the anesthesia last that long with the nausea?

I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days, I did not touch any food and just had a few licks of a ice pop. I did sip, sip, sip, sip, was sore but walking helped so much. You are probably nauseated from the anesthesia which will go away. Maybe ask for something to help with the nausea.

Hope you feel better. I believe it's due to the medication.

At this point a sip of Water keeps me full for hours. I will totally say yes to that one I feel full allbthe time but not too full just full; which is nice. My surgery was over 24 hours ago now does the anesthesia last that long with the nausea?

it can last up to a week it depends on u make sure you let ur nurse no an if u have a pca pump PAIN Meds do the same especially if you are not used to using them

Hey fellow friends of weight loss surgery. I got out of my Rny yesterday afternoon, and am in the hospital right now in recovery. On a bright side, I just got my catheter out (praise the lord) and, on the down side, I can't seem to drink enough liquids to keep the doc happy enough to discharge me. My walking is easy except its difficult to stand without getting naesous. Did anyone else have similar problems? How long were you in the hospital and what foods could you manange to tollerate and hold down? (I do understand everyone is different but suggestions never hurt.)

I hated that catheter. Please ask for something for the nausea. They have several meds. Some intravenous and some transdermal. I've had several surgeries and realize anesthesia makes me sick as a dog after. I had it set up before surgery that I be double dosed for nausea before I woke and that was a huge concern. We knew I would have vomiting from going under. Period. I couldn't walk that first night due to nausea and almost threw up but didn't, thank goodness. As for the water...I feel full all the time and it was impossible for me to get as much as they wanted me to. That said. You sit there and hold that cup and sip every minute. I watched the clock. Then once recovered, I would sit with my Tervis cup full of flavored ice Water and sip. And sip. Then pretty soon I could take a drink...a NORMAL drink. I now get over 100 ounces of water a day. It will become habit for you to get your water. It just takes time. Now I feel gross if I don't drink enough fluids. The problem is that if you don't drink enough you'll get so dehydrated that you'll end up in the hospital on bagged fluids. I went hiking after 4 months. I didn't take enough water and it was a 5 hour hike. It didn't sound like 5 hours when someone said "5 mile". Ugh. I really almost died. I'm shocked that I didn't have to go to the hospital. I totally quit sweating at mile 3. I will NEVER make that mistake again.