Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery on 9/11 with no complications. I am supposed to be on puree however I have had some soft foods. I dont ever feel full. So today I ate a small piece of pizza, small bites and chewed and chewed it with no problem. How is this possible?????

I'd have to say you are setting youreself up to fail! yu need to eat what you are suposed to eat, not what you CAN eat. just because you can do something does not mean you should, that's what got most of us in trouble in the first place!

After the surgery it will take time for your nerves to regrow and for you to feel hunger and fullness! I didnt feel hungry at all or full for awhile after surgery. I was like you and had a thought that they didnt even do the surgery! It is VERY IMPORTANT that you stick to the diet that your surgeon has you on. Your new pouch needs time to heal before you add foods other then the liquids and purees. Making poor choices is what got us into our overweight problems before so it is important to follow the plan. Remember that this surgery is only a tool to help you and it is very important that you do your share in order to succeed! Hang in there and I wish you the best!

Thanks and you are all right- it's a tool. Thank you for the support, I really need it!

Thanks and you are all right- it's a tool. Thank you for the support' date=' I really need it![/quote']

No problem! I had so many questions at first and was lucky to have people here who had been there before me! This site is a godsend!

After the surgery it will take time for your nerves to regrow and for you to feel hunger and fullness! I didnt feel hungry at all or full for awhile after surgery. I was like you and had a thought that they didnt even do the surgery! It is VERY IMPORTANT that you stick to the diet that your surgeon has you on. Your new pouch needs time to heal before you add foods other then the liquids and purees. Making poor choices is what got us into our overweight problems before so it is important to follow the plan. Remember that this surgery is only a tool to help you and it is very important that you do your share in order to succeed! Hang in there and I wish you the best!

Dorian ...that makes sense!!! All i heard was people had so much trouble getting enough liquid in, or gettin enough food in. That has not been the case at all for me....and my surgeon had me on pureed 2 days post op. Could have polished off the whole bowl of oatmeal (normal portion)....but didnt. I too wondered if they actually made a pouch or made it bigger than usual. But stuck to what they laid out for portions. Had no concept of full feeling yet..... Until today. After 1/4 c wet tuna salad, i tried to squeeze in a laughing cow lite cheese wedge for taste, xtra 2g prot....got 1/2 that in and then I felt it. Not a good feeling, nor one i want to have regularly. But i guess now at 9 days post op, those nerves are starting to heal....become more sensitive, functional.

I get wanting the flavors and comfort foods....like pizza..but am not missing them yet. Not enuf to cheat....and being a former "chef" of sorts, i will try to recreate it within the constraints of dietary guidelines before i cheat....deal i made with myself. I love choc/pnut butter... Got that one down pretty easily for now: SF choc fudge pudding, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, skim milk to make pudding...swirl in 2T pnut butter before eating. 16g prot for 4 oz svg. Chching!!! Next step is make it into pudding pops or "ice cream"... :) sometimes you just have to get past the visual or texture.... Already have some ideas for "pizza" when that time comes too. :)

Awesome job! Sounds like you have this down pat! For pizza, try doing the toppings on a low carb tortilla. I dk this at times and it is good.

Awesome job! Sounds like you have this down pat! For pizza' date=' try doing the toppings on a low carb tortilla. I dk this at times and it is good.[/quote']

Thanks!!! once i get cleared for soft foods, or transition foods, will try that. Trying to stay away from the Tomato, citrus, acidic stuff for another month or so, if possible....ti be safe. He has me on prevacid daily, but just want to be safe....had a big hiatal hernia he repaired while "in there"... & ulcers, etc that may develop with acidic stuff, in part, scares the crap out if me. My friend had a gastric bleed from those...in ICU for a week. learning from her mistakes. She was one to cruise costco 4 weeks post op, grazing sample tables, wondering why she got sick doing it. :/ duh.

I'd have to say you are setting youreself up to fail! yu need to eat what you are suposed to eat' date=' not what you CAN eat. just because you can do something does not mean you should, that's what got most of us in trouble in the first place![/quote']

VERY well said!

Dorian ...that makes sense!!! All i heard was people had so much trouble getting enough liquid in' date=' or gettin enough food in. That has not been the case at all for me....and my surgeon had me on pureed 2 days post op. Could have polished off the whole bowl of oatmeal (normal portion)....but didnt. I too wondered if they actually made a pouch or made it bigger than usual. But stuck to what they laid out for portions. Had no concept of full feeling yet..... Until today. After 1/4 c wet tuna salad, i tried to squeeze in a laughing cow lite cheese wedge for taste, xtra 2g prot....got 1/2 that in and then I felt it. Not a good feeling, nor one i want to have regularly. But i guess now at 9 days post op, those nerves are starting to heal....become more sensitive, functional.

I get wanting the flavors and comfort foods....like pizza..but am not missing them yet. Not enuf to cheat....and being a former "chef" of sorts, i will try to recreate it within the constraints of dietary guidelines before i cheat....deal i made with myself. I love choc/pnut butter... Got that one down pretty easily for now: SF choc fudge pudding, unjury, skim milk to make pudding...swirl in 2T pnut butter before eating. 16g prot for 4 oz svg. Chching!!! Next step is make it into pudding pops or "ice cream"... :) sometimes you just have to get past the visual or texture.... Already have some ideas for "pizza" when that time comes too. :)[/quote']

Try substituting PB2 for regular Peanut Butter - it'll be less fat. As for pizza, someone here had a recipe for pizza stuffed zucchini - delicious! It's zucchini stuffed w/tomatoes, feta, mozzarella, and topped w/turkey pepperoni. I used a little fresh basil (I don't remember if it called for it). As a chef (of sorts - Lol) you can come up w/ all sorts of variations to make it your own. :-)

Talking about it has made me want it. I may have to make pizza zucchini for my dinner tonite! :-)

Try substituting PB2 for regular Peanut Butter - it'll be less fat. As for pizza' date=' someone here had a recipe for pizza stuffed zucchini - delicious! It's zucchini stuffed w/tomatoes, feta, mozzarella, and topped w/turkey pepperoni. I used a little fresh basil (I don't remember if it called for it). As a chef (of sorts - Lol) you can come up w/ all sorts of variations to make it your own. :-)

Talking about it has made me want it. I may have to make pizza zucchini for my dinner tonite! :-)[/quote']

I got some of the PB2 when i was stocking up... Will try it!! Pbutter is a "good" fat they said i need 2 svgs a day of, but dont want to over do it. :) i saw a recipe for lasagna made with zuchini instead of Pasta.... That's on the list too. :) this is actually awakening the creative side of me....opening up more food wise of "cans" than "cants". :)

I got some of the PB2 when i was stocking up... Will try it!! Pbutter is a "good" fat they said i need 2 svgs a day of' date=' but dont want to over do it. :) i saw a recipe for lasagna made with zuchini instead of Pasta.... That's on the list too. :) this is actually awakening the creative side of me....opening up more food wise of "cans" than "cants". :)[/quote']

I like real Peanut Butter too (all natural) - I eat it right off the spoon. PB2 would be good to boost the flavor of real Peanut Butter w/o adding more fat than you want or need.

If you come up with some good ideas please share! While I am a creative artist, my creativity w/food only goes so far. I'm always looking for something new to try (within our dietary boundaries). My husband likes trying new things too. He's a body builder, not a bariatric patient but our diets are very similar - high Protein, low carb, low to no sugar. The only difference between us now is he eats more than I do. :-)