Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preggo and post op

So after 4months post op and years of infertility and loss, one little "oops", and apparently plans different than mine..I'm pregnant! I'm 6 weeks and in shock still. I'm still trying to hit the gym as much as I can . My intake is suffering with morning sickness but I'm trying to keep hydrated. Any advice from post rny mamas? As happy and excited as I am I also am afraid my plan is going to be totally derailed. I want to have a healthy baby and still try to remain in course. I have like 25lbs left to my goal. I don't see me making that now. I'm not sure how this will be for me post baby. Scared my pouch will stretch, can I support a healthy pregnancy?? So many things floating around in my head. I have been in care with my ob but now I'm going to have to break down and call my surgeon and nutritionist. I feel bad cause I'm afraid they will be so disappointed in me! This little miracle came at a difficult time. My husband is already concerned I will lose more weight. I've tried to assure I've read some folks still continue to lose. In your experiences did u continue to lose or did a gain occur? I know I will gain a bit back just not sure how much. Any advice is helpful right now :/

Congrats & there are a few pre op preggo and some already had the baby.

Thanks! Yes I am looking forward to hearing stories and how things have went during the preg and afterwards.

congratulations...you will do fine, the baby will take what it needs from you so dont worry about that, but you will need to get your nutrition without going overboard,, Im sure your doctors will have a plan for you...good luck and God Bless!

Thanks! Yes I am looking forward to hearing stories and how things have went during the preg and afterwards.

Congratulations!!! You sound exactly like I did about 7 weeks ago. Im 9 months post op and 11 weeks pregnant. Take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be alright. Message me if you want to talk.

HW:331 SW:319 11-26-12 CW: 196 8-16-13 GW:170

Congrats!! I had RNY on 1/28 and conceived on 2/14 with a boy due on 11/14. You will be fine and might continue to lose weight while being pregnant. I'm down almost 90 lbs. If you're on fb, there's a group called Pregnant After WLS. Theyre an awesome group of women that can give you so much input and advice.

DOS:358 CW:270 SD:1/28/13

Thank u!!

Hey lady, I'm messaging you tomorrow promise! Craaazy busy at work and no internet at home - only on my phone. And by goodness, i cant type emails on my phone, it drives me up the wall to type type with a finger. So just to let you know ????

Hope you're feeling good and the morning sickness not too heavy!

x

Congratulations!!! I'm soo happy for you!!

Thank u! I'm trying to adjust. I really am having a harder time than I could have imagined. I hope as with everything..this too shall pass and soon I will be feeling better. Getting super excited as it seems more of reality it's just making all the pieces fit together in place smoothly that's the challenge.

I would give anything to be in your shoes!!! Prior to surgery I had my tubes put back together and my husband is young and has no children. That was almost 4 years ago!!! They said he's good to go and I'm good to go... 3 miscarriages later we still have no baby : ( the last miscarriage was in Dec 2011 and nothing since! I still don't use protection since 3 months post op and no BC and still nothing!!! I am really starting to think we need to both just accept that we will never have children together and it breaks my heart... But how wonderful that you are being blessed with such a wonderful gift and miracle!

I would give anything to be in your shoes!!! Prior to surgery I had my tubes put back together and my husband is young and has no children. That was almost 4 years ago!!! They said he's good to go and I'm good to go... 3 miscarriages later we still have no baby : ( the last miscarriage was in Dec 2011 and nothing since! I still don't use protection since 3 months post op and no BC and still nothing!!! I am really starting to think we need to both just accept that we will never have children together and it breaks my heart... But how wonderful that you are being blessed with such a wonderful gift and miracle!

Your story is alot like me. I have 1 son who is 10. He was a scary problematic preggo. Had him the day I turned 31 weeks. This is my 5th preg. I've had 3 miscarriages the last being 3 years ago aug 2010 shortly after marrying my husband. It's been 3 years no bc no prevention and even clomid..nothing!! Had surg apr 30th. Have pcos and still not really regular. One slip up with unprotected since that time and bam.. Preggo! Don't give up! I'd preferred to have waited longer. It isn't totally easy right now and I'm struggling but I'm proud I was given another chance. I'd have loved to have waited til next year but apparently something diff was in my cards. Now it's a fight daily to keep hydrated and I've had to just realize my Protein goals may not happen alot anymore. My weight goals either for that matter. Don't give up. I call this my Murphy's law baby! I had started to get really really fit, start my pursuit for a higher career, putting myself up towards the top..starting college again and all basically needs to be rescheduled. There is always hope. Pray u get your sweet little one. Have u saw a hematologist? Turns out I have a clotting mutation so Lovenox injections daily to try to prevent a loss now. My body was clotting my placentas off causing me to lose 3 pregnancies and have one early. Good luck and god bless!

awwww congrats to you, wishing you all the best on your blessing :) *hugs*

Don't give up hope. We are all proof that miracles can happen ????

DOS:358 CW:270 SD:1/28/13