Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

Is anyone else nervous about years later when the excitement of the surgery has worn off, we return to our bad habits? im highly motivated now but this scares me later on.

Make the lifestyle changes permanent and you won't need to worry. Know your weaknesses and avoid them. Don't test your limits or push your boundaries. Keep up the activity levels. Continue to follow your program for life. It's corny but remember - nothing tastes as good a skinny feels!

I don't ever want to be that fat again! I was unhealthy, in pain, and hated my life. I didn't want to suffer through the rest of my life in misery and pain, being unhappy. I want to take this gift that RNY has given me (of having my life back) and work to keep it going till I die many years from now!

Yes! My wife's having a hard time of it too. We pass ready made meals like pizza and subs and she asks if I wanna get one for dinner and I ask if she means for herself and our daughter. Then she says yes, lots of changes ahead. And I worry. We'll all get through these changes. We have to.

Completely can relate. I work days. Husband works nights. And we have a 1 year old so for us we do a lot of quick meals that of course are unhealthy. At least on on a positive note we'd do always make something healthy for our daughter. Which I love and it shows with her because she loves fruits and veggies more than anything! I am trying to meal plan are nd figure out what he is going to eat post op and also plan for both of us pre op. I almost feel pre op may be a little harder! Lol

Hopefully your doc expects that. My surgery group does 300 surgeries per year. That's probably why they're ok with just one plate full at thanksgiving.

I think it slso has to do with how much weighing in as the more you weigh the mote you must stay on liquid due to the liver size. Not sure though, but looking forward to it. I am just barely making the 800-1000 calories a day pre-op meals!!

Completely can relate. I work days. Husband works nights. And we have a 1 year old so for us we do a lot of quick meals that of course are unhealthy. At least on on a positive note we'd do always make something healthy for our daughter. Which I love and it shows with her because she loves fruits and veggies more than anything! I am trying to meal plan are nd figure out what he is going to eat post op and also plan for both of us pre op. I almost feel pre op may be a little harder! Lol

RCD,

It isnt interesting how we always make sure that out kids are eating better than us?? Just think.... a few months and we too will be eating bettet!!

Make the lifestyle changes permanent and you won't need to worry. Know your weaknesses and avoid them. Don't test your limits or push your boundaries. Keep up the activity levels. Continue to follow your program for life. It's corny but remember - nothing tastes as good a skinny feels!

I don't ever want to be that fat again! I was unhealthy, in pain, and hated my life. I didn't want to suffer through the rest of my life in misery and pain, being unhappy. I want to take this gift that RNY has given me (of having my life back) and work to keep it going till I die many years from now!

Here here. Terry

Hello to all the December surgery folks out there. I am having RYGB on Dec 17th. I saw the doc and staff for my final appt a few days ago. I am starting my high protien, low carb (under 20 mg daily) early. I don't have to start until three weeks before, which is Tuesday the 26th of next week, but I thought I'd be a big girl and get it going early. So, yesterday I did a great job of eating lots of meat and cheese and I only consumed 12 grams of carbs. As always, I pounded the zero calorie fluids. Today I made lean hamburger meat balls, with low carb cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and and egg. I made some low carb brown gravy and enjoy these for brunch. I am not a big morning eater, but I love MEAT any time of day, so I enjoyed that. I am not a fan of eggs really, so to hide that in other foods to get in extra protien is a good. I really would love to drop 20 or so in this 3+ weeks, that I have before surgery. Can I do it?

I was 401 in 2006.

I had the lap band.

I struggled to get/keep any weight off.

I was 302 at the surgeon two days ago.

I am having surgery on Dec 17th (RYGB)

My goal weight to start with is 180.

Heck, I cannot wait to be in the 200's then out of them in the 100's,

Would love to hear from any of you out there that can "relate" to me!

Happy Journey to all.

Kari Jo-Washington State

Hey Kari-Jo! !

I am in Spokane! Welcome. I was wondering when do you stsrt your liquid diet? I had to lose 5% of my total body mass even before being considered for the insurance company. I actually dropped more and am 29 lbs lighter!!!

Yes, I agree, everyone here says the pre-op Liquid Protein diet is the worst one. I'm confident we'll all get through this.

I think it slso has to do with how much weighing in as the more you weigh the mote you must stay on liquid due to the liver size. Not sure though, but looking forward to it. I am just barely making the 800-1000 calories a day pre-op meals!!

I'm not sure either. I'm confident we'll all get through this and join the ranks of those who say they wish they could have done it sooner in their lives.

Hey Kari-Jo! !

I am in Spokane! Welcome. I was wondering when do you stsrt your liquid diet? I had to lose 5% of my total body mass even before being considered for the insurance company. I actually dropped more and am 29 lbs lighter!!!

Hello u-no-it!

I don't have to do a liquid diet, my surgeron (Swedish Weight Loss-Seattle), has us do a 3 week, HIGH PROTIEN/LOW CARB diet up until the day before surgery. On the day before, we are Clear Liquids with a colon cleanse (mag citrate), then surgery the next day.

I am on day four of a MAJOR low carb (20 grams or less daily) diet. I have lost three pounds so far (a pound a day basically) and I can feel changes happening. My skin feels different, my spirit is different (even though day two and three have been difficult). I am learning about keytosis and how all that works. I am ready for surgery in 22 days!!! I started WW back in May....lost/gained/lost gained....about 15 pounds total. So, I am 18 down from May, but I sway up and down a lot with water/fluid/swelling. I hope that this low carb diet, keeps me dropping pounds. It's all about shrinking the liver at this point. Keep writing!

Had my last 6 Month appointment today. Surgeon has all the paperwork and it is being submitted to insurance as we speak. Let the nail biting weight begin!!!

Had my last 6 Month appointment today. Surgeon has all the paperwork and it is being submitted to insurance as we speak. Let the nail biting weight begin!!!

And now since that six months of prep is done, you never have to go through that again, right?

And now since that six months of prep is done, you never have to go through that again, right?

I sure hope not. I enjoyed the time to be able to prepare and research however felt the doctors visits were pretty pointless but ya know.. whatever they want! I feel like they make that rule just so people who aren't serious won't complete it and then can't be approved but I did and it's over. Now we wait!!! Hoping this time next week we have an answer!!

I sure hope not. I enjoyed the time to be able to prepare and research however felt the doctors visits were pretty pointless but ya know.. whatever they want! I feel like they make that rule just so people who aren't serious won't complete it and then can't be approved but I did and it's over. Now we wait!!! Hoping this time next week we have an answer!!

I hear you. I kept calling the surgeon's case mgr and the HMO's case mgr. As a state worker I have a board which contracts with an HMO who also contracts with the bariatric surgery group. So I felt I had to keep bugging both case managers to get anything like timely responses. Even with that I began this journey last July and my surgery date's 12/10. You're in good company! ;-)

I hear you. I kept calling the surgeon's case mgr and the ***'s case mgr. As a state worker I have a board which contracts with an *** who also contracts with the bariatric surgery group. So I felt I had to keep bugging both case managers to get anything like timely responses. Even with that I began this journey last July and my surgery date's 12/10. You're in good company! ;-)

I don't know why but that last post of mine changed my acronym for Health Maintenance Organization to asterisks. I didn't want anyone to think I was using expletives. But I have to admit I've thought of some during this journey!