Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

Hello to all the December surgery folks out there. I am having RYGB on Dec 17th. I saw the doc and staff for my final appt a few days ago. I am starting my high protien, low carb (under 20 mg daily) early. I don't have to start until three weeks before, which is Tuesday the 26th of next week, but I thought I'd be a big girl and get it going early. So, yesterday I did a great job of eating lots of meat and cheese and I only consumed 12 grams of carbs. As always, I pounded the zero calorie fluids. Today I made lean hamburger meat balls, with low carb cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and and egg. I made some low carb brown gravy and enjoy these for brunch. I am not a big morning eater, but I love MEAT any time of day, so I enjoyed that. I am not a fan of eggs really, so to hide that in other foods to get in extra protien is a good. I really would love to drop 20 or so in this 3+ weeks, that I have before surgery. Can I do it?

I was 401 in 2006.

I had the lap band.

I struggled to get/keep any weight off.

I was 302 at the surgeon two days ago.

I am having surgery on Dec 17th (RYGB)

My goal weight to start with is 180.

Heck, I cannot wait to be in the 200's then out of them in the 100's,

Would love to hear from any of you out there that can "relate" to me!

Happy Journey to all.

Kari Jo-Washington State

A few of us here are in WA too. I'm in Spokane. Welcome!

Im on day 4 of my 2 week preop diet. Surgery scheduled dec 3rd. Im dying to eat normal food that isnt bland and kinda gross but im super proud of the progress ive made so far!!

Way to go, kelawyb!

I wonder why some diets are 2 wks and others are 4wks.... has anyone cheated?

I was told it's to shrink the liver, and most have some degree of' fatty liver'. I do too. I suppose if I had a normal liver, I could just do Clear Liquids or a laxative prep like I did for my colonoscopy.

I was told it's to shrink the liver, and most have some degree of' fatty liver'. I do too. I suppose if I had a normal liver, I could just do clear liquids or a laxative prep like I did for my colonoscopy.

Yea I know that part I just wanted to know why some doctors make it 2 wks n others make it 4wks

food NETWORK??? ABORT! ABORT!

I know huh? It is hard though. I have found some good mixes for me and my shakes. I am just not too sure my tummy can stop talking..

I'm new here:) my surgery is scheduled for 12-31-13...talk about Happy New Year! I'm 47, currently weigh 241, 255 is my highest weight. I'm 5' 6.5" I'm heavier now than when I delivered my younger child 10 yrs ago. Not really doing it just for the weight but for the health issues I have due to weight. My asthma is out of control, GERD, arthritis in my hip requiring frequent steroid injections, sleep apnea...spend more time at the mayo Clinic than anywhere else it seems. I just want to have the energy and stamina to do fun things with my son like I did with my daughter when she was younger. I'm excited for the surgery but feeling anxious as well. The pain doesn't scare me as much as the mental part of the recovery process and the lifelong changes that go along.

I sent a message to my doctor tonight about having just a little on Thanksgiving cause I gave to start Tuesday.

Hopefully your doc expects that. My surgery group does 300 surgeries per year. That's probably why they're ok with just one plate full at thanksgiving.

I can't believe we are only a few days short of some December Surgery folks joining the lovers bench!!! Is anyone counting down days like me ?? Or I could just be crazy! Lol. I tell my husband ever day how many days. This comes for a lot of nerves and some excitement. I am ready. But nervous. I have my last PCP appointment tomorrow and hopefully we submit to insurance by the end of the day! Insurance company days 3-5 days. So hopefully this time next week I will have nothing holding me back!!

I'm new here:) my surgery is scheduled for 12-31-13...talk about Happy New Year! I'm 47, currently weigh 241, 255 is my highest weight. I'm 5' 6.5" I'm heavier now than when I delivered my younger child 10 yrs ago. Not really doing it just for the weight but for the health issues I have due to weight. My asthma is out of control, GERD, arthritis in my hip requiring frequent steroid injections, sleep apnea...spend more time at the mayo Clinic than anywhere else it seems. I just want to have the energy and stamina to do fun things with my son like I did with my daughter when she was younger. I'm excited for the surgery but feeling anxious as well. The pain doesn't scare me as much as the mental part of the recovery process and the lifelong changes that go along.

I hear you! I've got all the co-morbidities myself. I'm hoping and all my doctors say I'm likely to be med-free, if that's a word, after RNY. My surgery date is 12/10. So I start the Liquid Protein diet this Tuesday. From what I've heard, it's the worst of the diets. Andrew's right, it's all good and this is a safe place.

food NETWORK??? ABORT! ABORT!

My husband put it on Drive ins, Dines and Dives last night. I just looked and him and said really?? Haha. Lots of changes!

My husband put it on Drive ins, Dines and Dives last night. I just looked and him and said really?? Haha. Lots of changes!

Yes! My wife's having a hard time of it too. We pass ready made meals like pizza and subs and she asks if I wanna get one for dinner and I ask if she means for herself and our daughter. Then she says yes, lots of changes ahead. And I worry. We'll all get through these changes. We have to.