Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you were asked for one piece of advice, or one tip, or one suggestion regarding gastric bypass (or bariatric surgery in general), what would be your reply?

Be gentile with your self it is not an easy process but you are doing it for your well being so don't let others make you feel bad for your choice for change :)

I would say don't get so wrapped up in numbers on a scale. Is it moving down, up or staying the same. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in a silly little number and forget to Celebrate our new lives. Our tiny accomplishments are bot celebrated each day because a number did not go down or it stayed the same.

Finding a new way to measure success is key in my opinion.

Every moment that scares, frustrates, and unnerves you passes. Every day gets better. Be patient with yourself.

This is a process towards a healthier you. You can learn new habits that will mean you change the inner you. You can use the good positive thoughts as a reinforcement of you stronger healthier you in mind and body. Focus on the moment. Let go of the past. Many blessings to you.

We did not get fat overnight, and will not lose the weight overnight either. Even with this tool, there is still much work and effort that must be put into it in order to succeed. Make sure you are willing to work at it. It is not magic. If people try to tell you this is the easy way out, they have no clue what they are talking about.

I'm sorry, I can't do just one! :-)

Follow your doctors instructions. Each doctor has his own instructions and it's based on his/her own experience. You chose him/her. Trust him/her and do what they say.

Don't try to measure your success by another's. Everyone is different. Celebrate your own success. It's hard work and you DESERVE credit for your results.

Be realistic in your expectations!!!! People expecting to lose 120 pounds in 6 months, or a pound a day for long periods....yes it happens to some people, yes it may happen to you occasional but don't expect it. Weightless is not a race. And truly, the journey and discovering our new selves can be a heck of a lot of fun if we embrace the journey (ups and downs) instead of just wanting to be at the end. Goals are awesome, but getting there can be awesome too.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

I know I'm cheating but #2 is that having an RNY is sometimes a pain in the butt....I don't regret it one bit but dammit I'd love an ice cream cone....

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

My advise..this too shall pass. I've told myself this over and over and still tell myself with things like Hair loss now. This too shall pass and so far it always has. It's so worth it!

Very simple: think long and hard before committing to such a life changing journey.

My advise..this too shall pass. I've told myself this over and over and still tell myself with things like hair loss now. This too shall pass and so far it always has. It's so worth it!

I wanted to hit like twice on your comment!

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 5 months post op. CW: 156.6 lbs. --- Only 6.6 lbs to my goal ---

Don't compare your weight loss journey to others! Everyone has a different story and losses at different paces.