Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

Well I got my new date and its Monday the 28th of October. When I got the call my mind went blank I got nervous and now studying all over again Monday will be here before I know it. Pray for me.

Well I got my new date and its Monday the 28th of October. When I got the call my mind went blank I got nervous and now studying all over again Monday will be here before I know it. Pray for me.

I'm also the 28th. Nervous, anxious and excited. Have been so diligent on my pre-op diet. Not sleeping well but figure I can sleep while in hospital. Less than 1week and we will be on the other side :)

Yes. I can't wait what time do you go in

Me too! I'm super excited and super nervous. I keep thinking 7 days is a long time but it really isn't. Just seemed that way when I started my pre op diet lol! I think I go in at 8 or 9

OK it is getting better each day, thank goodness. I was having a little of buyers remorse. The pumpkin belly (from the gas) and added weight was a surprise, but after 6 days I am getting closer to normal. Two weeks of liquids seems like a long time. It's not hunger (gads, I can't get in the Protein and Fluid required), its mourning the loss of food. I knew to expect it, but thought I would be more resiliant. This will be a process I can already tell. I have an appointment with my bariatric therapist in a few weeks; she's seen patients like me for years and approaches wellness through a behaviorial change.

My husband, while he is usually a dear, has totally missed the mark at how to offer comfort or support. At day 4 he's telling me to get on with it already. No sweet words, no softness. More like cracking the whip and telling me to buck up and walk. Geez, I'm having to give him lessons in how to be empathetic.

Yes. I can't wait what time do you go in

Got to sign in at 06:30. First op of the day! And you?

I have to be there at 9am. I can't wait to sit on the losers bench. I started the pre op diet today. So far so good. I think I will be alright. My doctor told me I can do ice cream. No nuts etc... but im good with that.

I'm the 28th also! Good luck!

well ive made it through 14 days of a liquid diet ( minus a couple of mishaps early in) and have lost 12lbs (my nut wanted me to lose 9lbs) and tomorrow is the big day! Off to sleep now (if I can sleep) and in a few mere hours I'll be on the losers bench! Im so looking forward to my new life ♡

Hope you are doing okay! It gets better!

I have to be at the hospital at 630 in the morning. Starting to freak out a little!

Just remember that it is much better after a week and after you get out of the hospital. Seeing the scale move will make it worthwhile.