Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

Im scheduled for 21st Oct with pre-op diet starting on the 7th. Super excited, but nervous too. Im actually viewing the 21st like the beginning of my new life. I can't wait to finally start being free of the fat and everything else I battle because of it. Good luck to you all.

I had my surgery shortly after I posted yesterday. Pain meds made me loopy and lots of nausea. Finally under a bit of control.

Molly 10/2

I had my surgery shortly after I posted yesterday. Pain meds made me loopy and lots of nausea. Finally under a bit of control. Molly 10/2

Hope you feel better soon. Wish I was on your side of surgery... Bring on 28th

Im scheduled for 21st Oct with pre-op diet starting on the 7th. Super excited, but nervous too. Im actually viewing the 21st like the beginning of my new life. I can't wait to finally start being free of the fat and everything else I battle because of it. Good luck to you all.

We have the same date!!!! Three more days of normal food before our lives change forever. Im so excited I can't stand it!!! Good luck to you!!

How is pre-op diet for everyone going? Mine doesn't start till the 9th....I'm a little nervous, I'm not great at telling myself no, lol

How is pre-op diet for everyone going? Mine doesn't start till the 9th....I'm a little nervous' date=' I'm not great at telling myself no, lol[/quote'] I am not due to see my NUT till next week and start my pre-op, thought I would get a head start this weekend. Can you confirm the ins and outs of the pre-op. it just 3 optifasts and Water over the day?

We have the same date!!!! Three more days of normal food before our lives change forever. Im so excited I can't stand it!!! Good luck to you!!

Is great to have a surgery day buddy! I found out today im scheduled for 1pm. Good luck to you too. :-)

My 4 day - started today full and clear liquids and yogurt no more than 800-1000 cals for the day.

Can I just share for a minute???

Monday I start my pre-op two week diet like most of the rest of you have done/are doing. It just hit me this morning that life as I know it will be over soon. At the same time as they do my bypass, they will be removing my ovaries as well. So.....transition into life after bariatric surgery AND surgical menopause at the same time. My head knows it will all be fine....but I wish this knot in my stomach would figure it out!!!!

Can I just share for a minute??? Monday I start my pre-op two week diet like most of the rest of you have done/are doing. It just hit me this morning that life as I know it will be over soon. At the same time as they do my bypass' date=' they will be removing my ovaries as well. So.....transition into life after bariatric surgery AND surgical menopause at the same time. My head knows it will all be fine....but I wish this knot in my stomach would figure it out!!!![/quote']

Awwww u have a lot going on at once!! Hard to deal with the emotional part of it for sure. I feel the same way u do. I start my liquid diet next Friday and I keep thinking wow I only have 6 more days to enjoy good food and alcohol!!! Going out to eat tonight and then having a party tomorrow night. It's sad :(. BUT it will all be worth it!! Just keep telling yourself that! You will be healthy and feel so much better!! I'm sweating my ass off at work today cuz I've been running all over the place (I am a Secretary for 4 diff departments). I can't wait not to sweat so much!! It's embarrassing!!!! My hair is drenched :(

Had my pre-admission appointment today...labs, ekg, chest xray. On day 11 of pre-op diet. Lost 9 pounds so far. My surgery is Tuesday morning. It is comforting and inspiring to read everyone's posts.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you!

Had my pre-admission appointment today...labs, ekg, chest xray. On day 11 of pre-op diet. Lost 9 pounds so far. My surgery is Tuesday morning. It is comforting and inspiring to read everyone's posts.

right around the corner! I will be thinking of you!!! Congrats!

Can I just share for a minute???

Monday I start my pre-op two week diet like most of the rest of you have done/are doing. It just hit me this morning that life as I know it will be over soon. At the same time as they do my bypass, they will be removing my ovaries as well. So.....transition into life after bariatric surgery AND surgical menopause at the same time. My head knows it will all be fine....but I wish this knot in my stomach would figure it out!!!!

its normal to feel nervous..most of us are- I'm learning! your life will still be the same...only better! you just wont eat as much. :)