Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Free Lap-band Update Very Disappointed.

:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

This is very disheartening to have to write. But I've been reading several past post over the last few days and find that many of you are mad because we my husband and I did not name the person whom was picked to recieve the free lapband. I did post to let everyone know that due to LEGAL privacy issues we could not post the name. It was up to the choosen person. I don't blame her for not telling, due to the crap that we got and have been posted from some of you. We had decided that maybe we would be able to do this again later next year but due to the negative comments that have been said about us and pm'd to us we have decided to go elsewhere to look for some deserving person to use our money. What is wrong with you people? We /Someone trys to do some good for someone and we get crap for it, is it because you are jealous or what. We have had it up to our ears for all the crap people have given us . We are done with this forum. Find help somewhere else because it will never come from us again. Just to let you know She was banded and is doing VERY WELL. AMOM & ADAD

I, for one, don't have any problem with you not releasing the name of the winner. That really is none of my business. And I don't blame her for not telling. It really is a private matter. I think it is fantastic that you were in a situation that you could help someone else make a wonderful change in their life and I commend you for it! Bless you and your husband for unselfishly giving to this person. I can understand that you are upset but would really hate to see you leave LBT because of some strangers opinions. Please reconsider staying. We can all use each other in the journey.

OMG! That is terrible! I can't believe people are giving you flack for doing something nice, just because they don't like how you did it, or are jealous it wasn't them.

I'm glad the person you chose is banded and doing well. No matter what crap you get, you have to feel good about changing someone's life!

Please don't hold what a few people say against all the members of this site. We're not resposible for what people say and it's not fair to paint all of us with the same brush. Personally I was very impressed with your plans to help another person out, and the way you want to administer it is, obviously, totally up to you. You owe us absolutely nothing.

It's nice to hear the recipient of your largesse is doing well!!

I was suprised to get several pm's in my inbox after posting (positively) on your original thread....

1. It is WONDERFUL that you are able to do this.

2. It is AWESOME that she has been banded and is doing great.

3. It is her business if she posts, and your business if you do it again.

4. I think you should get with the person who talked about setting up a charity.. (I link her name is Dahlia).

Again.. don't take what a few people have said as an overal consensus of the posters and lurkers on this board....... We are all HUMAN, and yes.. I got the impression that the authors of the heated pms were skeptical that it happened at all, and maybe a touch jealous....... and I really have no idea if they still even post on these boards.

I was sorry that I missed the deadline, because at the time I had no idea if my insurance would be covering it, AND OR my mom would be a good case, but would never ever ask for charity........

I am so unhappy that your act of kindness was met with such negativity. I guess I have missed all those threads that critized your generosity. There are so many mean spirited people in this world.

That being said, please reconsider staying. There has got to be more of us who applaud your kindness than not. You and the receiver of your wonderful gift of life are more than entitled to privacy. Organ donors and recipients do not know each other. This is no different.

I'm confused. i just read the posts from the original thread, and they are all positive. If only "cowards" too snipes at you personally theough private messages, I hope you will report them to moderators. This town ain't big enough for the likes of them folks.

I hope you will keep in mind the number of people who tried to help you, offer you advice and suggestions around your decision. And not lump us all into a few who have been nasty to you.

:) This is crazy! What you offered was not only an act of kindness, but it was a gift of life for a deserving person. I was one of those persons who submitted my essay, and I want to thank you for even taking the time to even read about my life. I am a substitute teacher and the job comes with no benefits. I hope that I will be able to get on full time just for the insurance to have the lap band surgery done. I'm not sure what negative comments you have had, but I think you and your husband are wonderful people to have even offered to do this for someone. I am glad that the recipient has had the procedure and she is doing so well. Please reconsider staying because until I am able to have mine, reading some of the post here is how I get through the day.

Shelia

Can I ask - do you think much of it stems from people wanting "proof" that it happened? Are those the types of messages you're receiving? I would imagine you were given some very personal stories. And people, without having "proof" that there actually was a prize, may now be feeling that they did it as part of a trick, or a joke - sent in these stories for some reason, when there was no free lap-band. I'm NOT NOT NOT saying that's what this was, I'm just putting on the other pair of shoes for a minute and imagining some of the things that could be going through their minds to elicit the response you said you have received. It's a tough spot for you to be in, if that's the case -- the demand for proof versus the requirement for anonymity. And it is absolutely unfair, if that is the position you're in, because I'm sure that's not something you would have anticipated nor hoped to "earn" through your generosity.

Perhaps if anyone who left you a negative message is reading this, they will see that there are much more constructive ways to get their message across.

And as I've said before, don't leave the forum because of a few people. Never give someone else that much power over you.

Ok I'll weigh in here. Pardon the pun. I went back and read a few of your posts to get an idea of what this post was about. Keep in mind I haven't been following this story closely so I may have missed something.

The internet is full of scammers and people pretending to be what they are not. You should not be offended in any way if some people don't believe you. You didn't post the winner's essay even though you could have edited/changed identifying info. You posted about having the surgery in Mexico since the operation was so expensive. Then you offer to pay for someone else's surgery as a gift. I didn't see an offer to make the funds available through this website or any verification by this website. Please understand some of these things don't add up right.

If you're offer is legit please accept my appreciation for your wonderful gesture. In the end you will be judged by a higher power than your fellow LBT members.

Amom,

I am sorry to hear that you have gotten so much grief. I am so happy that you and your Husband were able to find a needy person and help them. I am also very glad to hear that she is doing well. Please send along my wishes for a speedy and healthy weightloss.

I for one am glad to see there are still others out there who care enough to give and help others. It had greatly improved my view of the world until reading some of the posts that you got in reply. I am very saddened that you got that kind of stuff here. Honestly, those attitudes and things are what makes people not give and put the good stuff out there for others...because getting the flack after almost makes it seem not worth it. BUT believe me it is in the long run....you did a good thing, I am sure the person you helped agrees...hang in there.

*HUG*z

Dahlia

HIPPA.

Thank you for the donation to able this person to become healthy again.