Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.....I never thought I had sleep apnea, however, now I think I might. I understand the the center I'm using will have me tested for that, however I wondering if that's what's been wrong with me for so long?

I snore. I have not felt rested after sleeping 8-9 hrs a night in EVER! I can't focus at work, it's really starting to be an issue, I go from one thought to the next and back again. I feel as though I'm drugging through the day while having an out of body experience, does that make sense?

I could close my eyes at anytime on any day, because I feel so sleepy.

I never really though about this until a friend who is having the surgery, mentioned her sleep apnea to me....

It will be interesting to see what the sleep study says!

You sound almost classic! And the best thing you can do is what you're working on right now!!!! Congrats on taking control of your life :)

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.2

So.....I never thought I had sleep apnea' date=' however, now I think I might. I understand the the center I'm using will have me tested for that, however I wondering if that's what's been wrong with me for so long?

I snore. I have not felt rested after sleeping 8-9 hrs a night in EVER! I can't focus at work, it's really starting to be an issue, I go from one thought to the next and back again. I feel as though I'm drugging through the day while having an out of body experience, does that make sense?

I could close my eyes at anytime on any day, because I feel so sleepy.

I never really though about this until a friend who is having the surgery, mentioned her sleep apnea to me....

It will be interesting to see what the sleep study says![/quote']

I have severe sleep apnea. I think mine has got tremendously better since rny but still before then the cpap was a miracle. As much as I hate the thing I was no longer falling asleep during the day including while driving. I was miserable never felt tested, depressed, anxious, woke up with the worse headaches and just feeling like I had been drugged. It was weird waking up and feeling awake and no headache!! My quality of life improved greatly.

I have severe sleep apnea. I think mine has got tremendously better since rny but still before then the cpap was a miracle. As much as I hate the thing I was no longer falling asleep during the day including while driving. I was miserable never felt tested' date=' depressed, anxious, woke up with the worse headaches and just feeling like I had been drugged. It was weird waking up and feeling awake and no headache!! My quality of life improved greatly.[/quote']

Agreed! If it weren't for the CPAP therapy I wouldn't have ad the energy to make the decision to change my life with rny.

That's crazy! I would have never thought all this could happen to me just from snoring! I do wake up with a headache just about everyday, some days it last all day long!

thanks for the replies!

That's crazy! I would have never thought all this could happen to me just from snoring! I do wake up with a headache just about everyday' date=' some days it last all day long!

thanks for the replies![/quote']

Yep. Mine were brutal. Lack of oxygen starts killing your brain. It's scary cause I was a nurse barely functioning!! I would barely make it thru the day and come home crying exhausted. Life is so much better now it's hard to explain how much better things are!

When I started the WLS processmy cardiologist recommended the sleep test. I was diagnosed w asevere sleep apnea. I uave had my cpap for a couple of months and even use it if I take q nap during the day. If while watching tv I fall adleepy 7 yrs old wakes me to put my mask on, followed by saying "now we can hear the tv no more snoring". Sometimes I tqke it off without realizing it. I no longer wake up w headaches or as tired as before.

I also have severe apnea. You sound just like I did a year ago!! I would fall asleep at my desk at work! And after I got home, if I sat on the couch, you could guarantee I would be asleep within 5 minutes!!! As much as I hate my cpap, I also love it!!

Are u guys pre op? I'm thinking my pressure needs to be turned down now that im starting to lose. My pressure is at 15 and its actually waking me up at times now. I think it's needing to be turned down. It will take another sleep study do I'm trying up wait til I'm even further along to see if I lose enough maybe can one day get rid of it.

Are u guys pre op? I'm thinking my pressure needs to be turned down now that im starting to lose. My pressure is at 15 and its actually waking me up at times now. I think it's needing to be turned down. It will take another sleep study do I'm trying up wait til I'm even further along to see if I lose enough maybe can one day get rid of it.

Same here. I've lost 48 lbs, and my mask is starting to wake me up. Plus I had to adjust it tighter bc it was slipping off! I've napped without it and been told I snore a little bit but no lapses in breathing, no gasping, etc. I am waiting till I get closer to goal to schedule a sleep test.

I'm pre op, but I've got an auto cpap. My insurance wouldn't pay for a sleep study at the hospital so I did mine at home. They had no way of knowing what pressure I would need, so I got an auto one. It adjusts to what pressure I need.

I went 30 years before my sleep apnea was diagnosed! I used to wake up with my heart pounding, as if from frieght. It was frieght! During my sleep study they found my blood oxygen saturation level was dropping to 60%. That is when I would wake from frieght!

As others have said, the CPAP was a huge improvement for me in my ability to get a good nights sleep. But RNY eliminated the sleep apnea entirely. Now that's huge!

I am hoping and praying mine goes away. I want to wait til I am further down in weight before I so another sleep study. I would love to tuck that cpap away for good.

Im preop and my sleep test came out that i h e sleep apnea now im freaking out because the pulmonolgist wont give me clearance for surgery because of this im seeing him in the 1 st to see whats next is this machine annoying to sleep with !?