Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still trying to deside on surgery. I guess I am a lite weight. (Need to lose 50 pounds) I have been reading alot of what you guys are eating after your surgerys. I am not a big eater but my body stores food like crazy. I am amazed at how much you can eat and still lose weight!!!!!! I eat pretty much what you are eating and I gain weight every week????? I follow the high Protein diet and will have a few more veggies or fruit that I should but stay pretty close to Atkins. The only difference is that I never drink Water and usually drink 4 or 5 diet cokes a day.

Give me some feed back here.......

have you looked at the sodium count in diet coke? i doubt it's 50lbs worth, but you could be retaining Fluid.

are you exercising on a regular basis?

you might try tracking every thing you eat in www.fitday.com just to see if you what you think you eat and what you really eat all add up. it's a very handy tool to just see where you stand.

i never drank Water either, and i can tell it has made a world of difference in many things, my weight, my skin, my swelling ankles. water is probably the most important part of any weight loss effort or lifestyle change.

good luck to you!

My doctor said I needed to be 100lbs. overweight to qualify for surgery. I am not sure you qualify. If you had the surgery you would have to stop drinking The soda anyway. So why not try that to see if it makes a difference. Also the Water makes a BIG difference. I loose so much faster when I drink all my water. I had surgery 3 months ago. I got off cokes about 6 months before my surgery. Now all I drink is water and 2 or 3 times lemonaide at the movies. Its really not so bad . It took some getting used to not drinking during meals..But every thing gets better. Best wishes on your journey...Janie

I really think Water is the big key. I went to the opthomologist yesterday, veins in eye inflamed. Guess what he recommended? Water, drink lots of water to help heal the eye. Seems like water just about does and cures anything. You might start checking out the sodium and fat contents of food you buy. Canned foods are always high in sodium (salt). Most frozen prepared meals are also high in sodium. Fast foods are notorious for salt. (Have you ever watched them use that big shaker at McDonald's?) I've changed my grocery buying habits now. Those are the two things that I watch out for. Salt makes you retain Fluid and that's very hard on your kidneys. I don't add it to anything I eat. Most foods have plenty to begin with. Just be aware of what you're eating and how it's prepared. :)

Thanks for your replys. I have always hated to drink Water. It kind of makes my feel sick ???? But I really need to try some different things to get this weight off. The diet coke thing I know I need to kick. You guys really inspire me. I spoke to my Dr. here in town this week about the Surgery and he was totally in the dark about it. But before I left he wanted more information about it.He said he was not in disagreement that I need to do something soon but didn't like the idea of me going to Mexico. Mostly because of infection. He referred me to a new Surgeon just out of Medical School here in town. I am hoping he will agree to do the fills.I guess I just need to kick the diet coke and start with the water. What kinds do you guys like?

Please give me any advice you think will help.

Originally posted by Angeleyes

... but didn't like the idea of me going to Mexico. Mostly because of infection.

You doctor is VERY ill-informed.

Honestly if you only need to lose 50lbs and already don't eat large portions maybe this surgery is a waste of money.

I wasn't a big eater and struggle very hard to lose.

For me it was kinda of a waste of $$ because really it's my choices

and exercise that i need and the band does NOT do that for you.

Yes, i eat less than before but i don't lose unless i modify the behaviour...that's the secret to weight loss.

Of course if someone eats a huge plate full of dinner and feels hungry enough to eat a second and then snack after, this is a perfect solution!

Not so for me...

I never eat second helpings. I diet and am just able to keep from gaining more than the 10 pounds I put on each year. I was thin as a child, put on weight during child bearing years. I was able to take that off easily and keep it off until Menopause. At that point nothing I do works.

Ah- what happened to just plain old Water? We do get ours delivered in those big 5 gallon jugs because the town I live in has crappy tasting Water but otherwise 99% of the time I just drink regular water. I did recently discover kool-aid packets and use splenda to sweeten it and I do like the propel drinks a lot. I like to freeze my water bottle so it keeps my lunch I packed cold all day and then I'll still have really cold water to drink later.

My doctor was very concerned about me going to Mexico too but that is what they get if people can't afford it here in the good old U.S. The hospital I was in was perfectly nice and clean. Never had any problems from infections or lack of healing. Best wishes on whatever you do Angel Eye's. Teresa