Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September surgeries out there

I knoooww I'm excited!!

Excuse my language but hell yes! Whooooo we're in the end zone!

What shakes do you use? Right now I use the slim fast high Protein Shakes it has 20 per bottle

I went to truenutrition.com and bought cold-filtered grass fed whey Protein Powder. Its the best for you and has 27 g of Protein in one scoop. You can put it in anything like Soup, milk, yogurt, etc. Comes in unflavored and any flavor you can think of.

Tell you what I am starving today.....I need ideas

Hello everyone

I had a date of 8/5 and was postponned due to needed a cpap now i have to wait 30 more days

That stinks, but keep your head up, it will be here before you know it!

Starting to get nervous. Less than three weeks to my surgery date sept 3. Yesterday coworkers noticed i am not on the schedule' date=' asking why. Well i figured they might as well know, since i will come back to work with hydration and possible dumping issues.

I have Protein powders and Vitamins for postop, gonna load up on bottled Water and catfood before surgery.

I have tried out ultram (tramadol) for joint pain, and discovered it really makes me itch. So its back to just tylenol and ice for me. Oh well. Tomorrow is my preop appointments with Dr and RN . Its really gonna happen.

Can i get the house clean before? So much to do ...

HW 290, CW 246, GW 155, 5'9", planned surgery date Sept 3.[/quote']

Hey shershrinking,

I haven't told anyone at work about the surgery, except my boss and my closest coworker. I have mixed emotions on telling them. One part of me wants too, just to get it off my chest. But the other part, is saying no, you don't need to tell them. It is none of there business and I don't need the critisim and possible negative feedbacks.

This is causing me to be stressed the closer it gets to surgery because I'm extremely organized and I'm nervous about my work that will be handled when I'm gone. If they knew, I can work with them to get more of the workload done while I'm gone, but if I ask for it now, they will wonder what is up. Ugh!

I'm not a superstitious guy normally, but they have my surgery scheduled for Sept 11 (9/11) which also means I will be in the hospital for Friday the13th.... both dates don't have the best history. :unsure:

I'm not a superstitious guy normally' date=' but they have my surgery scheduled for Sept 11 (9/11) which also means I will be in the hospital for Friday the13th.... both dates don't have the best history. :unsure:[/quote']

Most ppl only stay 1 day.

My place makes me stay a minimum of two nights.

Mine requires two nights two. I will be going in Tuesday morning and leaving Thursday morning. I would be worried about the dates. Just stay positive, be prepared and everything will work out!

Correction. I would NOT be worried about the dates

Correction. I would NOT be worried about the dates

Hey shershrinking' date='

I haven't told anyone at work about the surgery, except my boss and my closest coworker. I have mixed emotions on telling them. One part of me wants too, just to get it off my chest. But the other part, is saying no, you don't need to tell them. It is none of there business and I don't need the critisim and possible negative feedbacks.

This is causing me to be stressed the closer it gets to surgery because I'm extremely organized and I'm nervous about my work that will be handled when I'm gone. If they knew, I can work with them to get more of the workload done while I'm gone, but if I ask for it now, they will wonder what is up. Ugh![/quote']

I told a couple of ppl and i received more negative then positive so I have just been concentrating on what I need to do and not really talk about it anymore.

Guys, I am really sorry. Some ppl just plain suck. We have to just write them off and focus on ourselves and the loved ones that actually matter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches