Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 13 days out and wondering what on earth I did to myself.

In the beginning, I couldn't hold down liquid. Then it was just cold liquid. Then it was just milk. Then it was just if I drank too fast. Getting my Protein was a chore. I despise Protein drinks. I have to gag them down. If I'm lucky, they stay down.

Now I'm thinking OMG yay soft foods!!! Maybe I can get Protein without the nasty protein powder!!!

Scrambled eggs stay down. Yogurt does half the time. Deli meat and cheese, string cheese, egg salad, refried Beans - all the other things I've tried - have come back up.

At this point I'm struggling to get much protein at all. My NUT says its hard in the beginning but they've never seen someone with a protein deficiency so just to do the best I can. At this point, I'm wondering if anything will ever stay down. I want to start exercising but have no energy because I can't keep any food in. I'm tired of throwing up. I keep having to run to the bathroom at work within twenty minutes of eating anything. I'm feeling really defeated. I want to cry. Everyone says this will be worth it, but it seems like nobody else is goin thru or has gone thru what I am.

Remember to chew to apple sauce consistency. Everything you eat. And take the smallest bites possible. I'm not as far as you, but so far I've learned I sip too much. And I eat to much Soup if its in front of me. I measure out 3 tablespoons and that's all I get. Day by day is this process.

These sample menus they gave me are 1/4-1/2 a cup at each meal. And they want three meals a day only. No Snacks. But 65g of Protein. This seems an impossible mountain to climb with just tablespoons at a time.

OMG! That's crazy!!! Mine was 2-4 ounces per "meal" eating at 15 min. Intervals.

My Protein is only 50grams a day. And 64 ounces of fluids.

I'm supposed to take small bites setting the fork down in between and stop either when I'm full or at 20 minutes. 65g Protein and minimum of 64oz of liquid. It just all seems so so so impossible.

At 2 weeks out I'll be allowed 2-4 tablespoons at each meal. Mine does say 3 times a day, with my Protein Shakes. But I can have sugar free Snacks that won't fill my pouch. Aka ice pops, etc. but remember- you're meal can take you two hours to finish if you have too.

Hang in there! It gets better ;)

At Wal-Mart they have Protein Shots. They are 2.9 oz and have 26 gm of whey Protein. I think they are Body Fortress brand. They had some that were more expensive that were 54 gm in each one.

I did Protein Shots for awhile...they're pretty gross but only two swallows.

At 2 weeks out I'll be allowed 2-4 tablespoons at each meal. Mine does say 3 times a day' date=' with my Protein shakes. But I can have sugar free Snacks that won't fill my pouch. Aka ice pops, etc. but remember- you're meal can take you two hours to finish if you have too.[/quote']

4 tablespoons is 1/4 a cup. 5.3 tablespoons is 1/3 a cup. Remember they are talking actual tablespoons not the kind we eat off of. I would recommend weighing everything that way you know for sure. It's very easy to think you have a couple tablespoons and in reality it is 1/2 cup or more. Luckily I haven't vomited yet (only a week out) but I weigh everything and take 30-40 minutes to eat 1/4 cup of food. Even if its yogurt. I really hope this helps. :)

I've been using containers that are marked as 1/2 cup and 1 cup and filling them half full or whatever depending on what I'm eating and how much. Only thing I haven't measured out is scrambled eggs - I know I can eat 1 and I'm done.

My doctor said only 2-4 TBS in a meal as well. At this point, 2 tablespoons is just about enough and so far it's all stayed down. Maybe try with 1 TBS and work your way up...

I am 13 weeks out and I feel the same way..I have trouble eating other foods, I have only eaten. Peanut Butter , scrambled eggs, oatmeal, and Unjury unflavored Protein mix in my oj. I was told it gets better and when I've tried to eat chicken I feel like it gets stuck and just can't stand all those other Protein Drinks and shakes , went for an endoscopy yesterday and now I have an ulcer...no matter if the drink is cold or room temp it bothers my stomach ...I've lost 68 lbs but the most protein I've got down is 40g ...I'm losing my hair and I'm tired...it has gotten better from the first day, but the thoughts are the same I wonder if I did the right thing and then I have to remind myself how far I've come and that I don't have sleep apnea and not out of breath anymore

I don't get nauseated from the food. I got horrible pain in the middle of my chest like something is stuck. I end up vomiting because nothing else makes it go away.

For dinner I tried puréed chili. I literally just dipped the spoon in and licked it off. Maybe ate 1-2 oz. About an hour later, still had that stuck feeling and had to throw up to make it stop.

I'm not physically making myself throw up. It just happens.

I don't get nauseated from the food. I got horrible pain in the middle of my chest like something is stuck. I end up vomiting because nothing else makes it go away.

For dinner I tried puréed chili. I literally just dipped the spoon in and licked it off. Maybe ate 1-2 oz. About an hour later' date=' still had that stuck feeling and had to throw up to make it stop.

I'm not physically making myself throw up. It just happens.[/quote']

Oh sweetie that sounds horrible. I wonder if you have a stricture? Have they checked?