Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

I love it!! Lol. One thing I noticed and don't laugh....my necklace I always wear is hanging lower!

That's awesome! Today I put on t shirt that would never have fit me before and it fits still tight but fits ! Haha but hey little things like necklaces and collar bones is awesome I think! Yay

Thanks everyone, yeah it was a big wake up call. But going in figured out that I had the problems I wouldn't have known about if I just stayed at home. Working on liquids starting now, 5 am so I can get as much in as possible, and my mom is coming over to make sure I am on track and ok. Surgery went great but there's still a lot of work to be done, and it's a lot harder than I had anticipated. You can plan and research all you want but when it's your turn, it's always a different experience.

Thanks guys for your support!

MissySue' date=' How are you feeling?[/quote']

Slept really well last night at home but taking all these meds is miserable. I get full just after a sip so it is taking forever to get anything down.

I had the same issue, but it is getting better. Just sip sip sip and then again in 5 minutes.. Cold Water should also help with swelling around your new pouch opening.. Hope you'll feel better soon!

I didn't take painkillers prescribed by a doctor after first night home... I went to chewable and liquid Tylenol.

Has anyone else experienced the feeling like their belly is too heavy after the surgery? I feel like mine is pulling on the stitches when i get up to walk. I feel like I need extra support, just not sure what to wear.

Yes joy, I did...it just felt sooo heavy...almost painfully heavy...that has finally subsided...I think its due to swelling...

Yes!! It was getting better but then yesterday they took my bandages off and I started to feel it again

Has anyone else experienced the feeling like their belly is too heavy after the surgery? I feel like mine is pulling on the stitches when i get up to walk. I feel like I need extra support' date=' just not sure what to wear.[/quote']

Did they five you a "binder" to come home with? It helps me a ton when I get up to walk.

Did they five you a "binder" to come home with? It helps me a ton when I get up to walk.

No, i wish they had. I'm about to break out my maternity leggings.

No' date=' i wish they had. I'm about to break out my maternity leggings.[/quote']

I use the maternty be band from target works well also use the velcro weight loss belts from wal mart in exercise area both keep ya comfy while walking . My dr said good idea

Ohh and your swelling could be worse than mine because I see how you have the lap the turned to open you could be alot more swollen and that where your weight is at too! But be proud you already lost 10lbs!!!

U could be right. Because I feel swollen. Because today its 292!!! And I've got 66 staples that still have to come out on the 26th.

What made u decide to get the switch?

I'm proud u have lost that much also. I get excited for others because I've been there. :)

Slept really well last night at home but taking all these meds is miserable. I get full just after a sip so it is taking forever to get anything down.

I no Wat u mean. There are so many Vitamins plus the Protein plus my regular meds. I gag trying to get it all down also :(

Anybody else having issues with constant diarrhea? I thought it was milk so I stopped using diary, but I am still having this problem... I am on full liquids for one more week... Gosh how I miss tomatoes... Anyway... Any of you experiencing similar issue?

Anybody else having issues with constant diarrhea? I thought it was milk so I stopped using diary' date=' but I am still having this problem... I am on full liquids for one more week... Gosh how I miss tomatoes... Anyway... Any of you experiencing similar issue?[/quote']

I did the first couple of days. I'm thinking its the transition plus only being on fluids. Now I can't go which I think is because of the pain meds. Not fun at all