Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

Misswifey our surgery was the same day...that day I was 303 and today am 285.6...Lol...sounds like we are pretty much on track with each other...I do feel like my belly is getting smaller...can't wait till some boobs come off!!

You're right we pretty much have same stats :) I don't want to lose any boobs because they were small to begin with lol but my thighs and booty can shrink lol :) excited to see more results I don't feel like I'm getting smaller at all tho :/ how are you feeling pain wise ?

Actually I'm feeling really good today...I tire kind of easily and have been taking pain meds just at nite to help me sleep...I was having alot of pain in my back and shoulders but had my hubby put ben-gay on me last nite and it helped soooo much!! I also feel so much better now that my staples are out as I'm a stomach sleeper and it was killing me to sleep on my back and sides!!

What kind of Protein shots did you get? Idk if I told you my Mom had the same surgery you did in 1992 and she's still doing great! Her Dr. Wants to post her before and after in his office. I'm still trying to convenience her. The scar doesn't look to bad either. I'm so glad you are doing good!

Hi, i agree your mom should do a before n after because it may save sometimes life down the road.

I drink New Whey its in a tube at Walmart. It has 42g Protein and I drink 2 tubes a day. They have different flavors.. :)

So your surgeon said ok to Protein Shots? Mine said it is not the type of Protein I need so recommendation was good old Protein Shakes and powders. Yuck!

Thank you :) I'm ok I have my good day and bad days but I have only taken my pain meds 2 times in the last 3 days

hey we aee slso surgery buddies, i'm not sure how much i've lost yet,, but I eat about 300 ,or less a day. So id say I lost quite a bit. But u never no. u can read my story below. God bless u on the the rest of uf ur journey :)

So your surgeon said ok to Protein shots? Mine said it is not the type of Protein I need so recommendation was good old protein shakes and powders. Yuck!

They may not exactly be called ptotEin shots, that's Wat I call them.

They are in a tube at Walmart called ..new whey.. That's Wat dr. recommended.

Any chance you could take picture of it? I'll go to Walmart today and look for it :)

It is so hard to get any protein/food in! I'm in puréed stage and I am still only getting 2-4 ounces in about 4 times a day and try to drink as much Water I can throughout the day but it doesn't seem to be enough! Then my face gets all warm if I don't get water for a little bit. How do I get more in??

Any chance you could take picture of it? I'll go to Walmart today and look for it :)

Have u seen a bingo stamper, well that's Wat it looks like, a big fat magic marker. About 6-8 long and about the size of a quarter round. Flavors r watermelon and Audi berry. Very easy to find. About 2.68 eacch.depending where u live. Hope this Helps u.

It is so hard to get any protein/food in! I'm in puréed stage and I am still only getting 2-4 ounces in about 4 times a day and try to drink as much Water I can throughout the day but it doesn't seem to be enough! Then my face gets all warm if I don't get Water for a little bit. How do I get more in??

Be persistent, I got maybe 20 oz the first day, 30 the next and it is a chore, I know, but eventually you should be able to drink more. Maybe you are just afraid of drinking pains?

Have u seen a bingo stamper' date=' well that's Wat it looks like, a big fat magic marker. About 6-8 long and about the size of a quarter round. Flavors r watermelon and Audi berry. Very easy to find. About 2.68 eacch.depending where u live. Hope this Helps u.[/quote']

Okay! I'll look for it, thanks for the tip!

Be persistent' date=' I got maybe 20 oz the first day, 30 the next and it is a chore, I know, but eventually you should be able to drink more. Maybe you are just afraid of drinking pains?[/quote']

Yeah I think so cause I've gotten pain where I was too full and then couldn't get anything else in. My head hurts and am warm today. Ugh

Just got home a little while ago. Feeling pretty beaten up, but it went well. Only real pain was from the gas. In recovery I was crying bc the gas pain was so intense. I just wanted to walk. Overall a Good experience, but definitely don't want to go through it again.

I agree, gas pain is really bad! Hope you'll feel better soon, I started feeling like a human being yesterday, 3 days after the surgery and even slept on my stomach last night. Good luck!!

I was crying like a baby the first evening home though... even asking my hubby why did I do that to myself :) this too, shall pass :)