Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sick for the first time today. It was right when I woke up and I hadn't eaten or drank anything yet. I have had a persistant cough for the last couple days and my sinuses seem to be on overdrive. :-/

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I just had my surgery on the 27th. Anyone else have a cough they can't shake? Know why/how to fix???

Getting sick totally took the wind out of my sails. Heading back to pillow city for a bit.

I was told the itching is from all the gas they fill you with leaving your body. I was so itchy all over for the first couple of days. Warm shower helped a lot.

Thank you Punkin for the response! I sure hope that's it! I'm trying to get an appt for today

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Ok, so woke up this morning extremely nausea, pain in left shoulder its been three hours with no relief i am 3 weeks post op any one else have these problems?

HELP!!!!! Since I woke up from surgery I have been itching uncontrollably...it hasn't been my incisions so much as all around & my upper thigh...@ first I though it was a reaction to coming off all the meds but it seems to be getting worse & I'm breaking out in these red blotches... The only time it subsides is if I take Benadryl but I can't take this forever!! Has anyone else had this issue? I placed a call in & waiting for a response but I'm one step away from googling & then there is no telling how freaked out I will get!! Please if anyone has any experience with this or advice I would greatly appreciate it!!

I had the same effect I but it was my face I was itching like crazy!!! It's just from the pain meds it's a little effect from it ... They kept giving me Benadryl so I would stop itching !

HELP!!!!! Since I woke up from surgery I have been itching uncontrollably...it hasn't been my incisions so much as all around & my upper thigh...@ first I though it was a reaction to coming off all the meds but it seems to be getting worse & I'm breaking out in these red blotches... The only time it subsides is if I take Benadryl but I can't take this forever!! Has anyone else had this issue? I placed a call in & waiting for a response but I'm one step away from googling & then there is no telling how freaked out I will get!! Please if anyone has any experience with this or advice I would greatly appreciate it!!

I had that problem when I had back surgery, I got so itchy I was scratching so hard I was breaking the skin and bleeding :( It ended up being an allergic reaction to the pain med and they just kept me on Benadryl till they took me off the morphine and i was fine. Hang in there, it will get better :)

Ok' date=' so woke up this morning extremely nausea, pain in left shoulder its been three hours with no relief i am 3 weeks post op any one else have these problems?[/quote']

I had brief pain in my left shoulder put I worked it out some kind of way, it maybe the way you're sleeping. I hope you feel better.

Ok' date=' so woke up this morning extremely nausea, pain in left shoulder its been three hours with no relief i am 3 weeks post op any one else have these problems?[/quote']

As I remember from class this is a sign of a leak. I would call your surgeon.

Just like I couldn't pee after my rny surgery, now I can't pee after this surgery either. I'd be discharged if I could just pee! Anyone else have this problem??

My gallstone meds are HORRENDOUS! I have to cut open the pull and "take with food". Ruined my meal. :'(

I had the same issue with the capsules...is that what you're using? I called my doc and he prescribed me a tablet version that I could split in quarters and swallow with a sip of liquid. Changed everything. The only time I have been sick was from taking that godawful capsule powder.< /p>

Sometimes I feel gas pains in my left shoulder.

Today is my first day of soft foods, so, this morning I had 1 scrambled egg with cheese, soooo good, for lunch I had left over baked catfish my husband made me yesterday, soooo good, I don't know what I will have for dinner, so far so good I'm able to eat at least 3 oz of meat, which allows me to get my Proteins in, I thank God for allowing my new pouch to tolerate the nutrients I need to sustain. I did however, need to chew, take it slow, I didn't like the stuck feeling. Now I must get Water, water, water in.

Just like I couldn't pee after my rny surgery' date=' now I can't pee after this surgery either. I'd be discharged if I could just pee! Anyone else have this problem??[/quote']

Yes!!! They wanted to do a bladder scan after my RNY surgery. I talked them into giving me just another bag of Fluid which didnt do anything. I gained 22 lbs worth of fluid. They did discharge me without the scan and without peeing much. The next day I was in the bathroom about 100 times. Lol. I think it was the trauma of surgery and my awful hospital stay (long story).

Just like I couldn't pee after my rny surgery' date=' now I can't pee after this surgery either. I'd be discharged if I could just pee! Anyone else have this problem??[/quote']

YES! It was terrible! I felt like I had to really bad, but couldn't. They concluded that it just took a long time for my bladder to "wake up". It was a good 24-36 hours before I felt normal and could fully empty my bladder.

If it persists call your doctor... I had a stricture and the nauses was awful... I waited a week to call and was pretty much completely closed off by that time. They said strictures usually happen around week 3.... not trying to freak you out but just watch your symptoms